Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
F1 Multi-Club Series - Aug-Oct 2012 - RCformula1.com.au Victorian F1 Series >

F1 Multi-Club Series - Aug-Oct 2012 - RCformula1.com.au Victorian F1 Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 Multi-Club Series - Aug-Oct 2012 - RCformula1.com.au Victorian F1 Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCformula1

RCformula1.com.au is a new website promoting F1 onroad racing in Australia. We are planning on a number of Multi-Club F1 race series around the country. The first one is in Victoria.

Objective:

To promote F1 racing and have a lot of fun!

Timing:

Round 1 - Sun 12 August at TFTR (Templestowe)

Round 2 - Sun 2 Sept KROMA (Keilor)

Round 3 - Sun Sept 30 MPRCCC (Mornington Peninsula)

Round 4 - Sun Nov 11 at TFTR (Templestowe)

Format:

The Round will be run using the host clubs normal race day format. This will usually be 2 qualifiers and 3 finals. All 6 minute races. But this is at the host clubs discretion.

We will attend each meeting and will calculate and publish series points after each round.

Rain:

If a scheduled Round is cancelled due to rain then the Round will run on the next scheduled club day of the host club except for Round 3 where we will cross that bridge if we come to it.

Technical F1 details:

Tyres: open

Motor: open (refer handicap points table below)

Gearing: open

Chassis: Any 1:10 F1 rear wheel drive chassis

Body: F1 only

Weight: open

Width: open

Minimum entries: 10 entrants are required who have committed to attending all rounds

Entry fee: none - simply pay the host clubs race day entry cost. There is no additional fee to race in the series

Why these clubs?:

All of the clubs approached have shown interest in F1 racing. If successful there may be an opportunity in 2013 for other clubs to participate. In particular Boronia were unable to join in this year but have left the door open for 2013.

Handicap points:

Points will be awarded for each of the 4 Rounds (race meetings): 1st=20, 2nd=19, 3rd=18, 4th=17 .... 20th=1, 21st+ = none

Allowing open motors is an attempt to allow everyone to enter who wants to in order to grow the class. Down the track it would be nice to standardise rules but for now it's about building enthusiasm and participation.

To allow entrants to use any motor the following points adjustments will occur based on motor:

Silver can = no adjustment

21.5 blinky = minus 1/2 point

21.5 open timing or faster, but no faster than 17.5 blinky = minus 1 point

17.5 open timing or Faster (includes Mini motor)= minus 2 points

For example:

Fred comes 1st with a 17.5 blinky and gets 20 - 1 handicap = 19 points

Bob comes 2nd with an 8.5 and gets 19 - 2 handicap = 17 points

Jim comes 3rd with a silver can and gets 18 - 0 handicap = 18 points

Sally comes 4th with a 21.5 open timing and gets 17 - 1 handicap = 16 points

Bert comes 5th with a 21.5 blinky and gets 16 - 1/2 handicap = 15.5 points

Jeff comes 6th with a 17.5 open timing and gets 15 - 2 handicap = 13 points

Points for each of the 4 Rounds (race meetings) will be added together to provide an overall series placing and results will be posted on the rcformula1.com.au website.

This is not expected to be a perfect handicap system but is a first attempt to allow all motors to run together. This is being tried to encourage as many entrants as possible.

Trophies:

Trophies will be awarded at the end of Round 4 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall in the series. There may also be medals as determined by the organisers depending on numbers of entries. Eg; if it looks like the person who wins every round can't get on the podium because of the handicap system then they will definitely get a medal. We want people to have fun and we want them to be keen to run in another series in 2013 so we won't be stingy with the medals!

Scrutineering:

All cars will be scrutineered each Round to confirm the motor being used.

How to enter:

Simply reply to this thread, or PM us, or email us at [email protected] with your name and email address. That's it! No entry fee. Couldn't be simpler!! When you arrive at each club you will enter their race day as normal and pay their race day entry fee. Your car will be scrutineered by RC Formula1 to check the motor you are using and that's it. You can even change your motor between rounds if you wish! We're trying to make this easy and fun

Entry List:

Please see below post for an updated list

About RC Formula1

We are RC F1 enthusiasts and are in the process of building a website to promote F1 racing in Victoria and nationally rcformula1.com.au which will be up and running in a few weeks. It will be very content rich and will try to answer most of the common questions about F1 racing. It will also have a comprehensive links section to other F1 sites as well as a Full Scale F1 page with lots of news and information about real F1 racing.

Events in other States

We are looking for motivated individuals to organise similar events in other States of Australia. If you’re interested then drop us a PM.

Great work there. Looks to be a very interesting season. Sign me up!

Last edited by J-PaP; 10-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Entry List:

John Papagrigoriou
Brad Portelli
David Stevens
Chris Bismire
Rob Garcia
Sam Lau
Andy Cooke
Aaron De Fina
Enver Jappie
Alex Wu
Zenkins Wong
Andy Harris
Will Haines
Heath Murray
Chris Kyriacou
Johan Bornman
Hani Abbas
Paul Sims
Alan Lui
Peter Sprenger
Graham Houghton
(21 entries so far!)

Last edited by RCformula1; 07-22-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Seems we lost the original post?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J-Pap
Seem we lost the original post?
RC Tech technical support says the original post suffered data corruption, they are investigating. In the meantime thanks J-Pap for repeating the original post in your post above. You are now post #1

Last edited by RCformula1; 06-22-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Count me in, i will dust off the F1
Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

haha already on the list I see
Old 06-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

2 more entries received. List udpated above at post number 2

Last edited by RCformula1; 06-22-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Another entry - that's 7 already - entry list updated at post #2 above
Old 06-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default F1

Great concept guys

Hmmm which Vic club should the SA boys join

ps dont be shy get ur entries in for the SA X*** H*** state titles

F1 is GUN !

Mark Miller
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking 10 minutes final

Would there be a chance of running a longer finals as oppose to just 6 mins?
Normally final is 10 drivers max but are we capable of handling more provided majority uses personal transponder?

What's the penalty for putting a 3.5T motor!!
Old 06-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MobileSuit
Would there be a chance of running a longer finals as oppose to just 6 mins?
Normally final is 10 drivers max but are we capable of handling more provided majority uses personal transponder?

What's the penalty for putting a 3.5T motor!!
Longer finals sounds like fun and something to consider for future events.

However for this event we have received approval from the participating clubs based on the rules listed above. The rules agreed by the clubs are that the race duration, and number of drivers per group, will fit within each clubs normal ruleset. All host clubs run 6 min races currently. So for this series 6 min races it is. This also gives certainty to participants in that they know where to gear their car and that this won't change greatly between rounds. But an interesting idea for the future and thanks for raising it.

Number of cars per group will be up to each host club (normal max is 10) and will be influenced by factors such as how many entries are received.

3.5 motor is -2 point handicap. Look forward to seeing that
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Nice to see there are 9 entrants now. Hopefully not everyone has painted their cars blue or silver!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

To open with I have not yet received my F1 nor can I say yet whether I can participate in all rounds but, I'll ask anyway. Is there a chance 1S battery packs would be allowed at a 2 point handicap? Also has anyone tried 1S in there F1 and what was it like?

A goose,
Michael.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

9 entries with 7 weeks to go - nice!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
To open with I have not yet received my F1 nor can I say yet whether I can participate in all rounds but, I'll ask anyway. Is there a chance 1S battery packs would be allowed at a 2 point handicap? Also has anyone tried 1S in there F1 and what was it like?

A goose,
Michael.
Hi Michael

Interesting question. Not sure about this. A quick google search turns up a few left field racers running 1S in F1's. For example: rctech.net/forum/electric-road/350698-1s-lipo-f1s.html

The event is designed to be as open as possible so that anyone who wants to run can run. The advantage of 1s might be, and I say might because I've never tried it, that:

- the battery is 100g-150g lighter (approx half the weight of a 2S); and
- with half the voltage you could use a hotter motor while keeping it relatively controllable.

It's definitely not something that is mainstream. All of the overseas events run 2S as do the majority of clubs (the rcformula1.com.au website will be live in a day or two and has links to all of this info).

If we were to allow it I think we'd need to have an additional handicap for the 1S in addition to any motor handicap. Eg; 1S lipo might have an additional -2 handicap. Therefore a 1S with a 4.5 motor would be -2 for the battery and -2 for the motor = -4 total. Such a large handicap should take you out of trophy contention (which I think is fair given the technical and weight difference).

Another option is for you to run for fun but be ineligible for a trophy.

Interested to hear what others think. Discussion is healthy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.