R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Meeting report is on the website
http://nswclubseries.com/?page_id=751

All other files here
http://stivesrc.org.au/results/CLUBSERIES2012/Reports/

http://stivesrc.org.au/
Bugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #617
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

truck mod

http://youtu.be/LKoNmxNxUwM
mihy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #618
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drivers' Championsips scores attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Club Series Drivers' Championships 2012.pdf (74.2 KB, 150 views)
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #619
Tech Champion

I've finished checking the round results for the pointscore. Maitland did win by just 1 point from Castle Hill. Ryde held on for 3rd against a hard charging St Ives by just 2 points, despite the R4 hosts making up 55 points on them in the last round.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Club Series Points Score 2012.pdf (49.9 KB, 139 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
I've finished checking the round results for the pointscore. Maitland did win by just 1 point from Castle Hill. Ryde held on for 3rd against a hard charging St Ives by just 2 points, despite the R4 hosts making up 55 points on them in the last round.
Congrats Millawarra club! Or is is Malbion Park?

Doesn't get any closer than that! Shame is wasn't a draw and we could have a club versus club shootout to determine the winner!

Special shout out for Dan Curby. Deffo the hard luck story of the meet. Patiently waits four and a half minutes to get to the front in the 3rd truck stock final only to be taken out by a back marker on the last lap! Tough luck mate.

Cheers,
Scott
ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What an amazing finish to the championship, one point in it. I have to say it’s a tough thing to get that close and just get pipped, though I can see our biggest loss over the year was the maitland round, it was a huge effort from all the casso boys to bring that deficit down but we couldn’t quite get there. A massive congratulations to all the casso drivers who competed all year, you’ve all done yourselves proud, 4 out of the 6 drivers championships went to casso guys

Congrats to all the clubs who hosted rounds, I know the effort you all go to so these things run smoothly

mikey
@cassovintage www.hillsoffroadrc.com
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #622
Tech Champion

Thanks to the snives crew for putting on a great meet,,
Track was awesome,grip was fantastic,,

Congrats to all the winners on the day,,bad luck to Dan,,well done to maitland on the series win[just],,,lol.

As Mikey said,,
Huge congrats to all the casso boys,4 out of 6 is awesome,
we certainly have some talented and dedicated members in our club,,
REEDY:ORION:JCONCEPTS:
doorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #623
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k48kF...ature=youtu.be

more footage/ 2wd random shots
mihy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #624
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #625
Tech Regular

I have a question - Who actually controls the off road challenge cup now ?
As the founder of the series TJ built it up to be one of the best series /events that most of us have been to . Often bigger than state titles and always run professionally with commentary , point score and even some race referee input , plus other things it really is a 2 person job!
TJ and linda walked away 2 years ago due to 1 or 2 difficult characters and it was difficult to find someone with the time and patience to deal with all the politics , last year Mav stepped up to take it on sure it went alright but lost something -now he has gone surfing , too much hassle for little reward.
Now this year I have to say all meetings were run well except ryde , but someone has to give up their day and not race to make it happen and the risk of something going wrong is massive and the feel is more a club meeting for me whilst underway - commentary is important part of any major event.
Now that there is nobody steering this ship I'm worried about what direction it's going in , some of these difficult characters no longer attend the cup/series anyway is there any chance we could get together and maybe get the man back?
Apart from taking the stress off organizers it's healthy to have someone independent in control .
We need to see if this is possible before locking any dates for next year!
CASTLE HILL OFF ROAD CLUB http://www.hillsoffroadrc.com
KYOSHO
beaverltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #626
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverltd View Post
I have a question - Who actually controls the off road challenge cup now ?
As the founder of the series TJ built it up to be one of the best series /events that most of us have been to . Often bigger than state titles and always run professionally with commentary , point score and even some race referee input , plus other things it really is a 2 person job!
TJ and linda walked away 2 years ago due to 1 or 2 difficult characters and it was difficult to find someone with the time and patience to deal with all the politics , last year Mav stepped up to take it on sure it went alright but lost something -now he has gone surfing , too much hassle for little reward.
Now this year I have to say all meetings were run well except ryde , but someone has to give up their day and not race to make it happen and the risk of something going wrong is massive and the feel is more a club meeting for me whilst underway - commentary is important part of any major event.
Now that there is nobody steering this ship I'm worried about what direction it's going in , some of these difficult characters no longer attend the cup/series anyway is there any chance we could get together and maybe get the man back?
Apart from taking the stress off organizers it's healthy to have someone independent in control .
We need to see if this is possible before locking any dates for next year!
Hi Dave,

Thought provoking comments.

At the moment the series is being run by committee. The club Presidents (mainly) have met 4 times throughout 2012 to discuss rules, dates, etc. Our last meeting was just last week, and we decided on dates for next year at that meeting. One date had to be confirmed, and was yesterday, so they could be announced now. I'm not going to steal Mikey's thunder though.

Last year Castle Hill hired TJ and Linda to run their round. The other 3 clubs all ran the meets themselves. In those instances the person running the computer actually rotated so that everyone could race. Ideally, I agree with you, having just a single person behind the PC reduces issues, but there aren't a lot of people who can give up their day and do a good job.

The CS website is being administered by Thomas Armstrong. I've been charged with updating the rules on the site, and I hope to get to that shortly. Mikey has the task of creating the thread and kicking off discussion of a point still to be finalised. It will be Ryde's turn to purchase the trophies (each hosting club chips in). Some of us from each club now understand how to update and order the entries on site.

Our standard procedure for administration at the moment is that the next hosting club takes charge of communication in the lead up to their event and works with Thomas to make sure the entries are taken properly. If something occurs outside of the parameters we agreed on (i.e. the meet is oversubscribed) then the host suggests a course of action that then must be agreed to by the other 4 clubs. We use email for this in the lead up. On the day club reps form a jury.

I like commentary too. If I get the chance I try and do some. The NSW States had commentary on the 4WD day only because I didn't make the A-Finals that day. I plan on running just 2WD Mod in the CS in 2013, so I guess there might be a few more races with commentary. Ultimately these things like our ability to put on commentary, have race referees and scrutineers is determined by the willingness of ordinary club members to chip in. If you pay a race team like TJ and Linda it takes a chunk out of your revenue, but it does free up 2 more people to do some of those other jobs.

An independent person running the meets could simplify things. If there was the will from the clubs we could talk to TJ about running more meets in 2013, there weren't many dates available on the calendar though, not in our traditional end of month time slot anyway. Say we were all interested, if TJ weren't available I don't really know who else (who isn't racing) has the expertise and willingness to do it. In conversations I've had with Trevor in the past I got the impression that he feels he has enough on his plate, but you never know.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #627
Tech Regular

Got to say your not bad on the mic - but there is not enough of it !
All that organization you just mentioned you may now think that team TJ was good value and we still do ok - we just want everyone to have a good time.
I'm sure ryde would have paid double for their services this year , we just need to all get together and think about the racers not the bottom line!
CASTLE HILL OFF ROAD CLUB http://www.hillsoffroadrc.com
KYOSHO
beaverltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #628
Tech Initiate

Default 2013 series

Any update on the dates for the 2013 series?

When does it all kick off?

Thanks
Castle Hill Offroad RC Club - www.hillsoffroadrc.com
Nickosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

2013 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series
@cassovintage www.hillsoffroadrc.com
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote