Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 25th-27th May >

2012 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 25th-27th May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 TAMWORTH CUP / NSW-QLD CHALLENGE 25th-27th May

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Guys i dare say that if there is another class, it would be a demonstration class. Like the F1's that we had a couple of years ago. Only it rained and everything was washed out.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default UPDATE

Hi Racers

The ENTRY FORM is now on the first post.

Sorry for the delay. We were trying to see if we could run the IFMAR qualifying method for our qualifying this year. So we asked TJ at the CC last weekend about it, and we now know that we require a new alycat program and a new computer/program to run it. We would love to update this year, but we are already commited to another project at our track facility. That being a 6x14m under covered pit area. We are hoping we can get it up before the Tam Cup. That will depend on how long the DA takes to go through.

Another thing you might notice on the entry form is the class WGT. The Newcastle guys are running these cars down there way and asked if they could race them at Tam Cup, as a Demo Class. Why not, the more cars the better. They will not have any effect on how the Interclub Challenge works. They are saying there should be 5 or 6 cars running. Will be good to see.

Any Questions? Just ask.

Cheers Todd

Last edited by XRAYGIZMO; 02-10-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Months away yet

Looking forward to my 2nd Cup. Still not sure what class/es to run. I'm down a 17.5t motor after all

Phill
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lol... I can lend you one
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

If by lend you mean give for free and by one you mean as many as I like then we have a deal good sir.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Months away yet

Looking forward to my 2nd Cup. Still not sure what class/es to run. I'm down a 17.5t motor after all

Phill
WHY did that motor let the smoke out ?????
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Because its a 1cell?

I guarantee it ran cooler than your motor all day
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wgt sounds like a blast. i run a 235mm pro 10 car on occassion and it's a lot of fun. i imagine there's a lot less downforce with wgt (which i've yet to try). is there sufficient grip for the cars on the track? from memory the surface is likely smooth enough for a pan car. also, is it 10.5 open timing for the class?

two of us from bris are keen to give it a try anyway (entry forms on the way)
Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey todd good news should have the t3 12 soon and i think i have sorted the motor out 5.0:1 FDR with timing and maybee as low as 4.0:1
Old 02-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by m@_c
wgt sounds like a blast. i run a 235mm pro 10 car on occassion and it's a lot of fun. i imagine there's a lot less downforce with wgt (which i've yet to try). is there sufficient grip for the cars on the track? from memory the surface is likely smooth enough for a pan car. also, is it 10.5 open timing for the class?

two of us from bris are keen to give it a try anyway (entry forms on the way)
Hi Matthew

Great to hear your interested in coming down for another run.
Yes the WGT's are 10.5 open timing.
This year we will sugar coat the track late on thursday afternoon and hopefully there should be grip for everyone. Its worked in the previous years.
As for bumps the one over near the gum tree is still their.(but the tree is gone at last, which is what caused the bump in the first place) The rest of the track is still the same.

Also good to hear a couple of the QLDers interested in this class. Might have to see if we can add it to the Interstate Challenge. (Heavy / Shane, what do you think?)

Regards Todd
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T3_PASSION
hey todd good news should have the t3 12 soon and i think i have sorted the motor out 5.0:1 FDR with timing and maybee as low as 4.0:1
Good stuff.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i will probably come out on sunday to see how it is on the track. tyler goes good at mod did he tell you.
and i went terrible hit the wall , no steering etc, have put 350 oil back in the shocks and moved the rear shocks back abit with spacers
Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRAYGIZMO
Hi Matthew

This year we will sugar coat the track late on thursday afternoon and hopefully there should be grip for everyone. Its worked in the previous years.
As for bumps the one over near the gum tree is still their.(but the tree is gone at last, which is what caused the bump in the first place) The rest of the track is still the same.

Also good to hear a couple of the QLDers interested in this class. Might have to see if we can add it to the Interstate Challenge. (Heavy / Shane, what do you think?)

Regards Todd
I vote no. We don't run it in Qld and there is already one class included that we don't run in Qld.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRAYGIZMO
Hi Matthew

Regards Todd
As a demo class it's fine (might even race it myself)

As part of the NSW / QLD challenge NO

Looking forward to another Cold Camp Out

The Rat
Old 02-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just waiting for leave to be approved and as soon as it is, will put my entry in
cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.