Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
“2012 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 27th – 29th of January >

“2012 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 27th – 29th of January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“2012 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 27th – 29th of January

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Nut
I thought the idea was to try to keep State Championships to a two day event to try to help reduce costs, as was voted in two to three years ago. By holding qualifying on Friday with so few numbers entered, there is now pressure on people to turn up on Wednesday or Thursday to get some track time in, prior to qualifying. No wonder less people are travelling to these events, with everybody having such an abundance of money these days....
I could be wrong about this; but do you think it would be possible to enter in two classes, and have time to race, marshal and service both cars in an event with few entries (few groups), if the organisers didn't allow enough time to make it more relaxed?
Originally Posted by azcau
Hey Lars, we will be there about lunchtime Wednesday
Thanks for that, we'll see you there.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
HINT: Starts with R, 4 letters, sounds like pain, is a pain and it's a long way to come and have all it all go down the drain.
2.2.2 No allowance will be made for an additional rain day.

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I could be wrong about this; but do you think it would be possible to enter in two classes, and have time to race, marshal and service both cars in an event with few entries (few groups), if the organisers didn't allow enough time to make it more relaxed?
Kindest regards, Lars.
Not all of us can afford to run 2 classes. Catering for the few is not the way to go
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
Not all of us can afford to run 2 classes. Catering for the few is not the way to go
All he's saying is for the people that do run the 2 classes, If the club tryed to squeeze it into 2 days then they would have a struggle being ready for each race.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EEL Monster
2.2.2 No allowance will be made for an additional rain day.
I could be offended by your remarks but know that you are relatively new and in time will understand the nature of why the committee extends the event to 3 days.

My son and I are coming down to enjoy racing with many MRCCR club members with whom we have share a great deal of mutual respect. They too have regularly traveled distances to race with us at our club and it's important for hosting clubs to extend due care to ensure they have a good time. An extra day creating a relaxed atmosphere to developed interstate relations is what the clubs and onroad racing needs at the moment.

I trust that when you come to Queensland this year for the nationals, you will enjoy reciprocal consideration.

10 hours to go... and a lot of things to prepare.

PS: BRENDAN: Im bringing down a hard drive of the Nats 2011.. I need to borrow a notebook to copy it for you, tell your dad to bring that HDD
Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Nitro Nut
I thought the idea was to try to keep State Championships to a two day event to try to help reduce costs, as was voted in two to three years ago. By holding qualifying on Friday with so few numbers entered, there is now pressure on people to turn up on Wednesday or Thursday to get some track time in, prior to qualifying. No wonder less people are travelling to these events, with everybody having such an abundance of money these days....
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Don't get too upset by my comments people
I'm only copying the AARCMCC General Rules pertaining to the scheduling of State Championships
All I'm saying is rules are rules and should be adhered to, especially when they're targeted at cutting costs to get more NEW people involved
Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader

Kindest regards,
Lars.
been doing it for years Lars. if you want to run 2 classes, then thats your choice. if your not ready,your not ready, its just the way it is. when others are out drinking, having a good time, im just starting on the second car. unfortunately it is what it is, you get a chance to start doing things at the track, then i suggest you better use that time well. i wouldnt expect others to wait, specially as rain may come, they want to get through fast before it effects the event for all compettitors.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Whats the latest? Can't get any result on Slyfox site?

Thanks Andrew
Old 01-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Whats the latest? Can't get any result on Slyfox site?

Thanks Andrew
I noticed that, just went to check and nothing is up.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Qualys start tomorrow guys
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

good luck to all. Wish I was there.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

no results ? progress ?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nothing on slyfox, kind of disappointing, I get that it's a small meet and all that, meaning sometimes these things get left out, but it's still a shame when your not able to see any progress.

More so when your own home race meet just got rained out...
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can we at least get podium for each class?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Last edited by JordanC; 01-29-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Double Up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.