2012 AARCMCC 1:8 GP OFR Buggy Nationals 8th - 11th March ACT

You're on Page 1 of 41
Go to


  • Entries now open on Sly Fox

    Event Start: 08-Mar-2012
    Event End: 11-Mar-2012
    Entries and Payments Close: 12-Feb-2012 Strictly no late entries.
    Host Website: www.cormcc.org
    Entry Fee: $80

    With thanks to our sponsors:













    And our supporting sponsors:




    Street Address:
    Kyeema Street, Narrabundah (Behind the National Velodrome), ACT 2602

    Postal Address:
    PO Box 477, Kippax ACT 2615

    Bank Details:
    Bank: Commonwealth Bank
    Account Name: Canberra Off Road Model Car Club
    BSB: 062 901
    Account Number: 1015 3217
  • can someone make this sticky or importatant so it stays up the top please
  • has the entry fee gone up again this year?
  • Nomination Fee's
    Not trying to start an arguement about nomination fee's but they do seem to be climbing each time an event is held. I thought the fee's were written into the rules so each event profits the same or has these fee's been rewritten without affiliate clubs knowledge.
  • AARCMCC have increased the event fee for national titles and reduced the state title event fee's

    SLY FOX live timing is a vital part of our IC OFFROAD racing and we feel it just for the club to be able to cover peter's fee's.
  • was the rule change for fees part of the change for next year?
  • Quote: Not trying to start an arguement about nomination fee's but they do seem to be climbing each time an event is held. I thought the fee's were written into the rules so each event profits the same or has these fee's been rewritten without affiliate clubs knowledge.
    Everyone has there view of nom fees...........mine is they are way to cheap for what everyone expects....

    $80 for a 4 day event is cheap guys you get a a well prepared track (generaly a completely new track) covered pit area etc, etc.

    Yet you pay around $10 for a club day which gives you the track in what ever condition it comes in, bring your own shade cover etc, etc.

    Not sure if we changed the fees or not at the last AGM, thought we did, of course if you attend the Nationals in the ACT in 2012 you can attend the AGM and have your say

    Cheers


    Mark
  • Quote: can someone make this sticky or importatant so it stays up the top please
    As per forum rules, event threads get made important 1 month before the actual event.

    Quote: has the entry fee gone up again this year?
    I think $80 is too cheap! The fee for GP onroad this year was $110.
  • I got to agree 80 dollars is cheap.
    Pretty hard for the club to brake even and if they do make some cash good on them.
    They deserve it
  • Quote: As per forum rules, event threads get made important 1 month before the actual event.



    I think $80 is too cheap! The fee for GP onroad this year was $110.
    Quote: I got to agree 80 dollars is cheap.
    Pretty hard for the club to brake even and if they do make some cash good on them.
    They deserve it
    Than God I thought I was the only one...........

    The whole idea of any club running an event is to help improve its financial position and it's ammenties for its members. Hard to do that if you are losing money on the event itself.

    Cheers

    Mark
  • I have been involved in organising State and National events and we have always made money. Made over two grand at the 09 Nats in WA charging the normal fee....Made over $1500 at the 05 Nats and that was after hiring marquee's, toilets, etc.

    There is no need to charge higher fees just organise the event properly.

    At the last Nats the organisers paid for the raffle prizes, whoever did the math on that one needs to go back to school.
  • Quote: I have been involved in organising State and National events and we have always made money. Made over two grand at the 09 Nats in WA charging the normal fee....Made over $1500 at the 05 Nats and that was after hiring marquee's, toilets, etc.

    There is no need to charge higher fees just organise the event properly.

    At the last Nats the organisers paid for the raffle prizes, whoever did the math on that one needs to go back to school.
    I guess some clubs/people just aren't as switched on as you.......
  • Quote: I guess some clubs/people just aren't as switched on as you.......
    Absolutely
  • Its called inflation.

    Entry fees for national titles in this code are a 1/4 what they are for any other code of sport. Pony's, dragon boats, Frisbee, karts you name it.

    Any left over cash goes back into the facility, so its better for everyone the next year round.
  • or you could use the excuse it was the global recession that pushed up the entry fee this year for the nats. the politicians use that excuse alot these days :-)