R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 01-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #31
Tech Regular

i was under the impression at the agm last year it was decided no international drivers were allowed to compete at the nats. just wondering
bill kurrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it was talked about at the agm.

but nothing has come to light since, eg proposals to ban internationals.

so as it it it is legal.

Josh
Painy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugengreg View Post
Hello Shane, You have not made it quite clear about Mark Pavidis being on hand.
Great news to have him there for support and question/answer time but will he be bringing a car and racing at our national tittles.... would be nice to race against one of the best
+1 it will be good to see Pavidis in action, he is 40 now so I cant see him winning the event but he almost certainly will be in the final.

Greg would you be happy if Jarrod finished 13th thereby missing out on a final race due to someone who really has no right to be in this event? Say there were 12 Americans in the final what would people have to say then???

This is not allowed in America or Europe so why is it allowed here?

There were complaints made about Savoya in 2010 but the excuse was he resided in Aust for 12 months, I wonder what the excuse will be for Pavidis........

Will the points for everyone who finishes below Pavidis be adjusted to compensate? After all this is one of the National series events is it not? Maybe a thirteen car final so no one is left out???
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #34
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
+1 it will be good to see Pavidis in action, he is 40 now so I cant see him winning the event but he almost certainly will be in the final.

Greg would you be happy if Jarrod finished 13th thereby missing out on a final race due to someone who really has no right to be in this event? Say there were 12 Americans in the final what would people have to say then???

This is not allowed in America or Europe so why is it allowed here?

There were complaints made about Savoya in 2010 but the excuse was he resided in Aust for 12 months, I wonder what the excuse will be for Pavidis........

Will the points for everyone who finishes below Pavidis be adjusted to compensate? After all this is one of the National series events is it not? Maybe a thirteen car final so no one is left out???
if he is in the A main, then a 13 car final would be good for all. I hope to see a few over 40s in the main, lol
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #35
Tech Regular

so what your saying is there is no limit on how many international drivers could compete at the nats. would be a shame to see an australian miss out .
There was such a big deal made about not letting internationals run at FEMCA.
also thought you had to be a member of aarmcc but i guess thats easly fixed
hey Josh
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i think its and awsome thing to have some one like mark come ova to race it will be a great opertunity for us to learn a few things. but also i think he should be an extra racer if/when he makes the main. eg 16 car final since we will be running 15 car finals
rcmad2700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #37
Tech Adept

The finals will be 15 cars, so at least 2 more Aussies than usual will make it. If you feel strongly against internationals running at AARCMCC events then I suggest you attend the AGM and voice your opinion, and make sure your suggestions are added to the next rule proposal.

Last edited by goose341; 01-10-2012 at 12:19 AM.
goose341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose341 View Post
The finals will be 15 cars, so at least 2 more Aussies than usual will make it. If you feel strongly against internationals running at AARCMCC events then I suggest you attend the AGM and voice your opinion, and make sure your suggestions are added to the next rule proposal.
I do attend AGM's and I do voice my opinion only to get totally flamed.

Besides the last AGM didn't even have a quorum present so in my opinion was a non event and null and void. Even so where are the minutes for the meeting???? they should be up on the AARCMCC site for all to see.
As for suggestions being added to rule proposals how the fuck are you supposed to submit suggestions if you don't know they are being put together until they appear on a website, by then it's too late???
Nitro X Fuels
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know every one is talking about Nationals, but on the toppic of internationals, what is the rulling for State Title events ? The reason I ask is I know of a few NZ guys that were thinking of coming over the ditch to race at Sunshine QLD again this year that I was hopping to catch up with again !

Sorry to go off topic a little
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #40
Tech Regular

i went to the last agm also (beer and pizza night ) i also spoke to an aarmcc state rep who also thought this rule had been passed
as the heads of our governing body you seem to adapt certain rules to suit your self . You would think it would be simple national title does not meen international title
and yes i will be at the next agm (aka beer beer and pizza night)
Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I personaly don't have a problem with any international drivers attending our National tittle and if one of my family members never made the Amain then i would have a story to tell in years to come of how we were bumped from the Amain by a world champion. I think there should be more of it !...... We live so far from any where else in the world and most of us will never afford to travel overseas to go up against these champs/legends. Our own level of racing has been boosted from the time that Savoya spent over here. Having Pavidis here is not a downer but instead a real bonus and i am looking forward to it.... so thanks Canberra club and Painy/Dave Simms for getting him to show up and if you can get Mayfield to turn up then i would give who ever is responsible $100.... and i would take us out to hogs breath for a meal
Seriously....tell pavidis to bring mayfield

Last edited by mugengreg; 01-10-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: spelling
mugengreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #42
Tech Regular

As for suggestions being added to rule proposals how the fuck are you supposed to submit suggestions if you don't know they are being put together until they appear on a website, by then it's too late???
_Our club has submitted proposals to AARCMCC before and it was all new to me as well..... so i contacted the AARCMCC head for EP and he was able to steer me in the right direction for submitting a rule change within the EP offroad scene. Same applies here....i have always been able to contact Josh by phone for a chat and he has been able to steer me in the right direction. Contact the GP offroad section head or the secretary and they will help you with how to submit a proposed rule change.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #43
jmw
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugengreg View Post
I personaly don't have a problem with any international drivers attending our National tittle and if one of my family members never made the Amain then i would have a story to tell in years to come of how we were bumped from the Amain by a world champion. I think there should be more of it !...... We live so far from any where else in the world and most of us will never afford to travel overseas to go up against these champs/legends. Our own level of racing has been boosted from the time that Savoya spent over here. Having Pavidis here is not a downer but instead a real bonus and i am looking forward to it.... so thanks Canberra club and Painy/Dave Simms for getting him to show up and if you can get Mayfield to turn up then i would give who ever is responsible $100.... and i would take us out to hogs breath for a meal
Seriously....tell pavidis to bring mayfield
I also agree - almost.... - but instead of Maifield - bring his team mate Drake
It cant be a bad thing having internationals attend

Last edited by jmw; 01-10-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling....
jmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #44
Tech Master

I actually found a copy of the minutes which I promptly saved a copy to my computer.

This was in the minutes, "-National Titles event to be open only to Australian residents"
Nitro X Fuels
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Steve, i don't believe that decisions of that nature are decided by a small few at the AGM..... it has to be submitted to AARCMCC by way of a proposal and from there it is sent out to all afiliated clubs to vote on.
The AGM is for the election of delgates and discussion i am led to believe.