Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 Australian EP Offroad Titles >

2012 Australian EP Offroad Titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Australian EP Offroad Titles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2012 Australian EP Offroad Titles

When & Where please?

ChrisP
Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I think a decision was only made late yesterday, so I would expect something to come out sometime this week.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX-Chris
When & Where please?

ChrisP
st ives i think
Old 12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We're all still waiting for an announcement.

As I understand it St Ives and Maitland are the only two clubs that made bids (but I don't know everything). So, the Nationals will likely either be at St Ives or Maitland.

The meeting will be at Easter. This hasn't been officially confirmed, but the AARCMCC EP Offroad President also happens to be the organiser of the NSW Club Series, and the draft calendar he gave the clubs for next year had the Nationals slated for Easter.

I've heard from 2 people that the decision was to be made yesterday (though not officially), but haven't seen an announcement or received an email yet.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
We're all still waiting for an announcement.

As I understand it St Ives and Maitland are the only two clubs that made bids (but I don't know everything). So, the Nationals will likely either be at St Ives or Maitland.

The meeting will be at Easter. This hasn't been officially confirmed, but the AARCMCC EP Offroad President also happens to be the organiser of the NSW Club Series, and the draft calendar he gave the clubs for next year had the Nationals slated for Easter.

I've heard from 2 people that the decision was to be made yesterday (though not officially), but haven't seen an announcement or received an email yet.
Hopefully shortcourse gets a start.. Would be awesome..
Old 12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by juzza99
Hopefully shortcourse gets a start.. Would be awesome..
Unlike with a 2-day State Titles, there is room on the programme at the National Titles to run SCT as a demo. Stadium Truck is the least populous class, so I would expect SCT would probably run the same day as the other Truck classes.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not trying to be argumentative here, but at the Vic titles this year there were 190+ entries and they were able to fit in 2w & 4w 540, 2w & 4w seniors and SCT as well as the traditional classes in a 2 day program (including some minor rain delays).

Id like to hear if AARCMCC intend making SCT an official class. Just about everywhere it is popular (more so than most 'traditional' classes) yet there seems to be resistance to it being any more than a demo class. I saw some draft rules proposed 6+ months ago but nothing since then.

Ray

Unlike with a 2-day State Titles, there is room on the programme at the National Titles to run SCT as a demo. Stadium Truck is the least populous class, so I would expect SCT would probably run the same day as the other Truck classes.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

What hobby/sport has the Grand Final before the qualifications/State Titles meetings? (Ours obviously!!)

I would like to see the nationals held at the end of the year -or at least at a time when the freaking rain is not at its worst......and YES - I can honestly state that just about every freaking on road NSW I.C State Titles at Morebank held at easter is rain affected. Not to mention the last 3 years.........

I suppose it wont matter what time of the year it is put on - you cant change nature... but you can sure try and give yourself a chance.

Either way - will be a great event. Certainly looking forward to it.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Not trying to be argumentative here, but at the Vic titles this year there were 190+ entries and they were able to fit in 2w & 4w 540, 2w & 4w seniors and SCT as well as the traditional classes in a 2 day program (including some minor rain delays).

Id like to hear if AARCMCC intend making SCT an official class. Just about everywhere it is popular (more so than most 'traditional' classes) yet there seems to be resistance to it being any more than a demo class. I saw some draft rules proposed 6+ months ago but nothing since then.

Ray
I've just had a look at the results from that meet. I note you ran 11 races in a round running your 5 classes in a day on Sunday. That equates to 65 races if you run all the lower finals. On the Saturday you squeezed in 6 classes and 11 races, which is 67 except that one of the lower finals wasn't run because it only had 2 drivers, so 66.

At the moment the AARCMCC rules allow for a maximum of 120 entries in a day which really means 12 heats. With three classes, Triple-As and single lower finals this equates to 66 races with lower finals.

At the 2010 NSW State Titles* there were 9 races in a round with just 3 classes (on both days). And looking at the grid listings, it seems like almost every class was close to tipping over and requiring an extra heat. If that had occurred the event would have been at capacity.

This is what we want. Lots of entries means lots of close racing where you have to really fight for your A-final spot. It also means that when it comes to finals you're in one racing against others who are really closely matched with you.

If you add an extra class into this event it effectively puts a cap on the entries in other classes. At the EP8 State Titles Maitland are hosting next week there are 36 SCT entries over 2 motor classes just as demonstration classes! If those numbers were repeated at a NSW State Titles we'd certainly have to turn people away.

If there really was more time on the programme then 6 minute races would be fantastic. They have 6 minutes for all but Mod TC (and 12th is 8 of course) in Onroad.

*In 2011 the event was held in Maitland which is the only non-Sydney club in NSW affiliated with AARCMCC. As a result entries were down 1 race per day (though the fact that it was the week before the FEMCA ISTC race in Sydney also cost us some entries). This enabled us to run Double-B finals. More racing for the lower finalists is a good thing. It also meant we could finish early enough on Sunday for Leigh Cheeseman to fly home, but only after we reorganised the last round of finals so he could leave earlier. A longer day makes it harder for Interstate entires at regional venues.

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
What hobby/sport has the Grand Final before the qualifications/State Titles meetings? (Ours obviously!!)

I would like to see the nationals held at the end of the year -or at least at a time when the freaking rain is not at its worst......and YES - I can honestly state that just about every freaking on road NSW I.C State Titles at Morebank held at easter is rain affected. Not to mention the last 3 years.........

I suppose it wont matter what time of the year it is put on - you cant change nature... but you can sure try and give yourself a chance.

Either way - will be a great event. Certainly looking forward to it.

Cheers

Darryn
Well, if the Nationals wasn't held at this time of year, you'd probably want another State Title to be. We'd like to encourage people to race at state titles outside their own state more, and in fact technically you need to do that for WC qualification (when enough people want to go). We can't stack them all up next to each other.

The fact that Easter is all public holidays really helps with numbers of entries too.

There are now 6 different RC National Title events in Australia. EP OFR, EP ONR, IC ONR, IC Buggy, IC Truggy (& EP8), Large Scale. The National Titles are the events most likely to attract people form different disciplines to have a go. Some clubs/venues race more than one of these disciplines too. Clearly we can't run them all at the same time of year.

p.s. I do not claim that the current "system" is even close to being the best we can do. When I get free time I've been looking at suggestions for revamping the entire calendar. There is a lot of work though.

Last edited by Radio Active; 12-06-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Never going to be easy that is for sure........

Man - so many meetings with the states, CC rounds and other "Majors"..........where do we fit it all in!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I've just had a look at the results from that meet. I note you ran 11 races in a round running your 5 classes in a day on Sunday. That equates to 65 races if you run all the lower finals. On the Saturday you squeezed in 6 classes and 11 races, which is 67 except that one of the lower finals wasn't run because it only had 2 drivers, so 66.

At the moment the AARCMCC rules allow for a maximum of 120 entries in a day which really means 12 heats. With three classes, Triple-As and single lower finals this equates to 66 races with lower finals.

At the 2010 NSW State Titles* there were 9 races in a round with just 3 classes (on both days). And looking at the grid listings, it seems like almost every class was close to tipping over and requiring an extra heat. If that had occurred the event would have been at capacity.

This is what we want. Lots of entries means lots of close racing where you have to really fight for your A-final spot. It also means that when it comes to finals you're in one racing against others who are really closely matched with you.

If you add an extra class into this event it effectively puts a cap on the entries in other classes. At the EP8 State Titles Maitland are hosting next week there are 36 SCT entries over 2 motor classes just as demonstration classes! If those numbers were repeated at a NSW State Titles we'd certainly have to turn people away.

If there really was more time on the programme then 6 minute races would be fantastic. The have 6 minutes for all but Mod TC (and 12th is 8 of course) in Onroad.

*In 2011 the event was held in Maitland which is the only non-Sydney club in NSW affiliated with AARCMCC. As a result entries were down 1 race per day (though the fact that it was the week before the FEMCA ISTC race in Sydney also cost us some entries). This enabled us to run Double-B finals. More racing for the lower finalists is a good thing. It also meant we could finish early enough on Sunday for Leigh Cheeseman to fly home, but only after we reorganised the last round of finals so he could leave earlier. A longer day makes it harder for Interstate entires at regional venues.

Well, if the Nationals wasn't held at this time of year, you'd probably want another State Title to be. We'd like to encourage people to race at state titles outside their own state more, and in fact technically you need to do that for WC qualification (when enough people want to go). We can't stack them all up next to each other.

The fact that Easter is all public holidays really helps with numbers of entries too.

There are now 6 different RC National Title events in Australia. EP OFR, EP ONR, IC ONR, IC Buggy, IC Truggy (& EP8), Large Scale. The National Titles are the events most likely to attract people form different disciplines to have a go. Some clubs/venues race more than one of these disciplines too. Clearly we can't run them all at the same time of year.

p.s. I do not claim that the current "system" is even close to being the best we can do. When I get free time I've been looking at suggestions for revamping the entire calendar. There is a lot of work though.
Daniel, what's entires? I lost 1/2 an hour on that one, pick up your game!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by X5 Addict
Daniel, what's entires? I lost 1/2 an hour on that one, pick up your game!!!
Typos don't count. I spelt it right more times than not. Also, I don't mind when people make mistakes, it's just when they make the same ones over and over again...
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Never going to be easy that is for sure........

Man - so many meetings with the states, CC rounds and other "Majors"..........where do we fit it all in!

Cheers

Darryn
Yeah, I'm with you Darryn. This is why I personally tend to ignore all the other "majors" unless I'm really in the mood for a race, or I need to build up for something important, and a particular major will help me.

Otherwise I race my club races, rounds of a state series, my own State Titles and Nationals. That's plenty. If I'm still hungry for more racing after all of that well there are State Titles in other states I can race, or I can just go to someone else's club meeting. There's no reason to go looking for anything else.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Daniel, I dont want to clutter this thread - my main point was to ask if AARCMCC were considering making SCT an official class. At the moment, pretty much nationwide it has a strong following at club level (generally the biggest class around here at club level and I think at many other clubs). I hope that a set of national rules can be agreed on soon.

I agree its difficult when there are too many classes, but my point was to say it isnt impossible to fit it in with current numbers at state titles. Obviously this is a separate discussion and should move to another thread.

Look forward to hearing where the event will be soon. As usual though, being at Easter makes it a tough sell to the family

Ray
Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Look forward to hearing where the event will be soon. As usual though, being at Easter makes it a tough sell to the family

Ray
+1 Terrible time of year to get a leave pass. 15-20 years ago it was good time to have the Nationals but back then the majority of the competitors were still at school. These days we have got no where near the junior drivers we used to have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.