Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
IMCC - RACING LINES - SUMMERNATS 2012 >

IMCC - RACING LINES - SUMMERNATS 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IMCC - RACING LINES - SUMMERNATS 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Badman,

are you bringing the helicopter?

Last edited by Wylie27; 01-10-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: bad english
Old 01-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Stock is going thru the roof
30 something entries and still a few names missing.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Stock is going thru the roof
30 something entries and still a few names missing.
The last name on the Stock list is interesting.

Surely it isn't the "öriginal" one
Old 01-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
When its all done and dusted, IMCC doesnt have the best facilities in Australia
Very few tracks are purpose built, and plenty that are still have bumps and other flaws. The joins are a fact of life and people should set their cars up accordingly, but obviously if you can grind them then it's for the better.

IMO IMCC is one of the best tracks in the country
Old 01-11-2012, 02:53 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigM
Very few tracks are purpose built, and plenty that are still have bumps and other flaws. The joins are a fact of life and people should set their cars up accordingly, but obviously if you can grind them then it's for the better.

+1
Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

+2. The IMCC guys have done a great job with the venue, I know that all of us from the ACT are looking forward to this years SummerNats.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Badman Racer
I believe Summernats will be round 2 of our personal battle Mark
Bring it shorty!! I've got my tyre guru all ready
Old 01-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tend to agree with that, but it's not like people have been taking unjustified pot-shots at the track. Fairy Meadow is an excellent track with one flaw.

Character is one thing - I like character - but it is a reasonable and constructive criticism to point out that cars are being launched - sometimes head high - at the fastest part of the circuit.

If the bump was in a corner there wouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
I tend to agree with that, but it's not like people have been taking unjustified pot-shots at the track. Fairy Meadow is an excellent track with one flaw.

Character is one thing - I like character - but it is a reasonable and constructive criticism to point out that cars are being launched - sometimes head high - at the fastest part of the circuit.

If the bump was in a corner there wouldn't be a problem.
Daniel

I do not know off any track that doesn't have a flaw it is just like the full size cars, you drive according to the track surface you are at. Thats what makes a good racer being able to adjust accordingly.

I also know that IMCC are a small group of people who do a fantastic job and I always have fun whenever we race there .

Noel

PS Thats why I struggle because I am not as good as others but I still have a lot of FUN .
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing
I do not know off any track that doesn't have a flaw it is just like the full size cars, you drive according to the track surface you are at. Thats what makes a good racer being able to adjust accordingly.
In general I agree with you. You know I'll drive on circuits that would be considered by others to be completely inappropriate for 12th scale. But some flaws just have to be fixed. There are full sized circuits that can't take particular types of cars because of such flaws, usually surrounding safety. Anyone who saw Paul's accident last year would agree this is a safety issue.

To give you a full scale example. There was an accident in the F1 race at Monaco this year. There is a bump in the circuit coming out of the Tunnel, that catapulted a car sideways into the protective barricade around the tree near the chicane. Nobody wants the bump removed, it is part of the circuit's character, but the run off and the padding around the tree isn't sufficient to ensure the safety of the drivers. So, a number of solutions are now under discussion, including reducing the severity of the bump (as has been done before), adjusting the barricade, moving the tree, or altering the run to the chicane. The point is everybody acknowledges something has to be done. The drivers obviously try and drive around the bump, but the officials are not prepared to leave it at that.

I'm not dissing the IMCC crew at all, let's get that straight. Their track is great, their facility is great, they do really well with a small number of members. They acknowledge that this is a flaw that has to be fixed and they are fixing it. I don't know what else anyone could ask.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Entries updated:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10021842-post31.html
Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Can any body tell me if a tamiya mini mo5ra shell ( renault alpine ) a110 can be used at summernats .......
Attached Thumbnails IMCC - RACING LINES - SUMMERNATS 2012-alpine-a110-monte-carlo-winner.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ferreteck
Can any body tell me if a tamiya mini mo5ra shell ( renault alpine ) a110 can be used at summernats .......
As far as I'm concerned its fine Simon. It will add a bit of character to the class.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
As far as I'm concerned its fine Simon. It will add a bit of character to the class.
That is one classy body. Almost as good as the Monte Carlo M03 rally body.

Good to see a great field for the first big race meet of the year
Old 01-12-2012, 12:43 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Yes Andrew it is looking good entries are up bigger than last year. EP is going to be push to get through on Sunday, but all is good. We should also have wifi run over the weekend as per CC and we are broadcasting results to the web to for all that can't make it. Looking forward to 21.5 see how I go this time. I think I'm over stretching running 12th.

See how I go at the track tomorrow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.