Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November >

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

2011 AARCMCC On Road Electric National Titles - West Coast Perth WA 16-21st November

Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the locals have kits.............. just they choose to run on carpet only so they dont scratch em up ! come on guys, i got mine up and running as people said they would start running, but no one showed up ?
well i personally never got a 1/12th to run on asphalt..
i bought mine to run only on carpet at PRECC where the small size and technical track is more appropriate
Old 06-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Painy
Dradio.

Hey man. the 12th scene is massive.. at the state titles. there was 1 entrant.
Did they win?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Did they win?

yes i won Dan, i got my money back to spend on my Finals tyres for Mod
Old 06-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

When I've travelled to Nationals in past I'm always hauling 14kg of hand luggage (power suppy, spare motors, practice tyres, charger, tx, lappy, etc) plus about 28kg (pit bag) of checked luggage. That was under QANTAS old system which only allowed pre-purchase of extra 5kg. Good news its changed.

All the Sporting Equipment rules changed mid-last year, but check the airlines website for the latest.

Hope that helps.

Toby
Hi Toby can you please give us some details of hotels close to the track so we can get an idea on costs.

Also anyone thinking of attending the event from Sydney maybe we can look at hiring a mini bus to share costs.? (providing we all stay close by)

Cheers George
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novice MS
Hi Toby can you please give us some details of hotels close to the track so we can get an idea on costs.

Also anyone thinking of attending the event from Sydney maybe we can look at hiring a mini bus to share costs.? (providing we all stay close by)

Cheers George
Are you volunteering to be our designated driver George?

I might be interested if we can do it reasonably cheaply.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Are you volunteering to be our designated driver George?

I might be interested if we can do it reasonably cheaply.
I also might be interested.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cheers George
I would be in for that.... How far could you take the group thing to reduce costs? Could Airfares/accomodation and car hire be done for a group to get a good discount?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Cheers George
Hii guys, try checking out http://www.discoverwest.com.au/weste...elmont_hotels/ as a guide. Also, try doing a search for hotels and motels located in belmont, ascot, bayswater or even the cbd. all these areas are located within a 10 minute drive of the track.
I will aim to get a range from caravan parks to resorts up on the westcoast onroad temp site before the weekend to use as a guide.
www.rcphotoswa.com

Ryan
Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I would be in for that.... How far could you take the group thing to reduce costs? Could Airfares/accomodation and car hire be done for a group to get a good discount?
We could look at a group booking for a package deal but usually the hotels are selected and may not be so close to the track. I would have no problem in investigating further. It would depend on numbers so we need to get people interested in going to show their interest so we have an idea on numbers.

And yes I could be the designated driver., my hourly rates are quite reasonable!!! The option is a 14 or 20 seater mini bus. I can get corporate rates on these through work. We have to consider all the gear we have to carry as well. cheers George
Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Consider me in...

What where you thinking in terms of the days? For something like this I would (prefer) to travel there on wed so you have the full thursday morning for learning the track before you start tuning. Then head back on monday so there is no rush to leave sunday arvo. Is this how you would plan it considering mini you has school?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Consider me in...

What where you thinking in terms of the days? For something like this I would (prefer) to travel there on wed so you have the full thursday morning for learning the track before you start tuning. Then head back on monday so there is no rush to leave sunday arvo. Is this how you would plan it considering mini you has school?
Matt (mini me ) has a plan (due to school!) to leave Wednesday afternoon and return either Sunday or Monday. Leave at 17.50pm on the Wednesday which arrives in Perth 19.45pm ($257 Qantas). There is a 09.00 flight back on the Monday morning ($257 Qantas). Sunday night is the Red Eye but having done it before I won't do it again and its more expensive.

We need some hotel details close to the track and see what the cost would be for that. Or we could stay closer to the City if that works in cheaper? As a guide a 12 seater bus will cost around $800 for the 4 days.

I guess it will depend on numbers on how we plan this. cheers George
Old 06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Matt (mini me ) has a plan (due to school!) to leave Wednesday afternoon and return either Sunday or Monday. Leave at 17.50pm on the Wednesday which arrives in Perth 19.45pm ($257 Qantas). There is a 09.00 flight back on the Monday morning ($257 Qantas). Sunday night is the Red Eye but having done it before I won't do it again and its more expensive.

We need some hotel details close to the track and see what the cost would be for that. Or we could stay closer to the City if that works in cheaper? As a guide a 12 seater bus will cost around $800 for the 4 days.

Found a 3 Bedroom town house (Country Comfort Hotel sleeps 6) which seems close to the track for $1,660 for the 5 nights. That works out at $280 per person if 6 people share. See this link:

http://secure.kalhaven.com/OBS/OBS/a...own=187&id=610

Looks ok. Cheers george
Old 06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Novice MS, the track is about a 10 minute drive from the city. It is also a 10 minute drive from the airport. There are alot of accomodation options in the belmont and ascot area along 'great eastern highway' between the city and the airport. (This is the main link road between the city and airport). If your hiring a mini bus, you may find the cbd hotels a problem for parking it.

Ryan.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Mini Tyre Proposal for Nationals

(had planned to get this up earlier, hate it when the day job gets in the way of the racing stuff)

I preface these comments by stating I am not a mini racer. The final decision to adopt any control on mini tyres is AARCMCC's as they are the governing body for the event. Any suggestion made to AARCMCC by the West Coast committee will be guided by feed back from our club members and comments on this forum.

Please be constructive, give well thought out feedback and hopefully any controls adopted at this Nationals can be a good testing ground for future events.

The AARCMCC rules suggests a controlled tyre be used for mini.
The benefits of a controlled tyre are well know from other race divisions.
I believe most AARCMCC events to date have not used a control tyre for mini.

Our committee would prefer not to have to supurvised glueing for mini tyres like they do for touring cars. Mini drivers usually use differant combinations front to rear and the wear is also uneven front to rear.

To avoid needing supurvised glueing we will need to use a tyre which has "branding" on the side wall. Unfortunately this will limit our options. I believe only Tamiya, Sweep and HPI currently have side wall branding.

Here is the plan;
1. Maximum of 10 wheel assemblies (tyre, insert, rim) per competitor for the event. (Qualifying and Finals). (practice is open - use whatever you want)
2. The scrutineers will have unique stickers for each mini entrant numbered 1 through 10. Stickers will be applied to each wheel at the CONCLUSION of each race, during usual scrutineering.
3. Wheel combinations can be used in any combination of front or rear.
4. Controlled tyre Sweep (any compound) OR HPI X pattern OR Open
5. Any insert, any standard offset mini rim.
6. Any mini found to have used there 10 stickers and be presented with unmarked rims, will be disqualified from that qualifyer/race.

If we elect to go with Sweep - then compound will be open. If HPI is selected we are talking about the X pattern. Tamiya tyres were vetoed by our club members as being to expensive.

I idea is to limit the total number of tyres used during competition and consequently help keep costs down. At the same time we want to leave the decision regarding how the tyres are used between front or rear pairs up to individual drivers.

The perfect outcome would be for all drivers to be on the same rubber in keeping with the "controlled" aspects of mini racing. However selecting one rubber brand which the majority agree on could be problematic.

Ok, leave it up to you guys to give feedback.

Cheers,
Toby
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Toby,

Point 1. There are more brands with marked tyres. Ride 60D tyres are just one example

Point 2. The tyres you mention (Sweep and HPI X patterns) are the fastest wearing tyres available on the market

On the east coast a combination of Ride fronts and Cross rears would last you the entire race meeting (and the next few race meetings)

I really dont think you need to wory about contro, tyres. Mini racers have the tyres that make their cars wrk

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.