Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series >

2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ORRCA Victoria EP Offroad Drivers Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Keep in mind several clubs struggle to put two drivers in each class as it is so adding SCT will make things even harder. If SCT comes in, another class probably has to come out.

As for Bendigo coming in, thats great news for EP offroad in Vic but it shouldn't be until the start of the new season.

My 2 cents worth.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Either 10.5 spec or mod (makes it easier for ESCs, motors etc - and they are easier to drive than mod buggies).

At the risk of upsetting people, I like the structure of:
2w: 540, stock, mod
4w: stock, mod
truck - combined 10.5T or mod
2wd SCT - combined 10.5T

(Im still not sure if 4wd SCT should be a regular feature of 1/10 meets due to their weight / power.)

At last years Interclub there were only 3 of us in truck mod - wasnt very exciting racing!

Ray
I agree with your classing proposal. I'd like to see 2w SCT 13.5 no timing, but without having done testing I don't have anymore reason than personal opinion why it should be. I also believe Truck should just be one open motor/speedie class.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
I agree with your classing proposal. I'd like to see 2w SCT 13.5 no timing, but without having done testing I don't have anymore reason than personal opinion why it should be. I also believe Truck should just be one open motor/speedie class.
The sct weigh over 2kg and the 13.5 really is overloaded and get hot.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
MrT
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by john watkins
I think this all needs to be decided at the Colman cup. I think bendigo should become an official ORRCA VIC club next year. That way they can run their own event and compete for the shield next year with a full strong team.

My thoughts, I also think SCT is a MUST. Not convinced about combined stock and mod truck, as we are going in completely the wrong direction from AARCMCC. If your talking pure numbers you might need to think about dropping mod classes (just an example not a flame) as the stock numbers are higher at all the Vic rounds.
10 stock trucks at wadonga bash as opposed to 3 mod trucks.
We need to align as close as possible to national rules. There is no point running our own set of rules all year just have issues come National times. Especially if one of the VIC clubs is to host a Nationals at some point in the future.
It would be easier to put a proposal to AARCMCC to make SCT official , and a separate one to dump stock truck if that is they direction we want to head.
I know Bam Bam put together a proposal for SCT and from what I hear it's a really solid starting point.
Unfortunaly (or fotunalty) Vic is really strong in off road EP and has alot of power to swing votes nationally. Whatever we start to implement at other big meets will/may have the effect of starting a snowball interms of classes and class rules. We need to be careful.
I counted 5 trucks in the mod class at wodonga!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would like both 2WD and 4WD SCT's to be part of the ORRCA series next year.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

The entry numbers we have had at all the ORRCCA rounds this year has been really good and with the huge vics entry and the coleman entry is into the high 70s so far so the indications are that our structure is working.The ORRCCA shield event can be a tricky one because each club struggles to fill spots in each class to build a full grid,so having lots of classes at this event does tend to water down the competition.Maybe a different structure of classes at this event will make it better.The main problem we have had at our meetings this year is fitting it all in with the amount of daylight we have so thats a good problem to have and not a bad one.I dont see the need to change our class structure at all.We have to wait for The Bendigo guys to put their hand up to join in for next year and it will be great if they do.Im all for a 2 day coleman cup next year structured like the vics (as it used to be before numbers fell away).
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sounds like a good starting point to me.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

I know Bam Bam put together a proposal for SCT and from what I hear it's a really solid starting point.
JW it was basiclly it was the rules that the stampeed ran to the only exception of it was the tyers going back to block tyers. getting away from the snipers, goosebumps and all the other concept tyers

the tyers on the list are as follow
■Traxxas Slash BF Goodrich Mud Terrain TA (standard Slash tyres) #6871, #6871R
■Traxxas Slash SC Tyre (standard Slash tyres) #5871, 5871R
■Traxxas Kumho SC Tyre (standard Slash tyres) #6870, 6870R
■HPI Maxxis Trepador (Stock Blitz tyres) p/n #103804, 103337, 103338
■Kyosho UMT601 SC Tyre (stock Ultima SC tyre)
■Team Associated SC10 tyre (stock SC10 RTR tyre) #9809 – note SC10 FT tyres not legal
■Team Losi Strike SC Tyre #7214 (note, NOT Eclipse #7215 shipped with XXX-SCT)
■Venom Pro Comp (stock Gambler RTR tyre) #8587
■Proline Switch #1078, 1076

this will slow down the field and bring back driving sideways through the corners and the all important, crowd pleasing, doorslaming action that they bring to the sport.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Addict

This is what i put together for the SCT's i hope its some interesting reading and something to talk about between the reps for Orrca
Red is the new ammendments to the current rules.
Black is what is in the current rules

This is to be read with the AARCMCC E.P. Section Off Road General & Technical rules 2011

2.7 Championship Classes
2.7.1 The following AARCMCC defined classes must be available for AARCMCC EP Off Road State and
National Championships;
- Two Wheel Drive Modified (Open - Modified Class Motors)
- Two Wheel Drive Stock (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
- Four Wheel Drive Modified (Open - Modified Class Motors)
- Four Wheel Drive Stock (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
- Two Wheel Drive Modified Truck (Open - Modified Class Motors)
- Two Wheel Drive Stock Truck (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
-Two Wheel Drive PRO 2 SCT (10.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
-Two Wheel Drive PRO lights (junor) SCT (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs

6.8.2 All finals will be of a maximum of ten (10) drivers, and have a minimum of five (5) drivers.
Except SCT’s, Finals will be a maximum of twelve (12) drivers and have a minimum of five (5) drivers.
The grid for sct shell be 2 by 2 with 2 meters between rows

9.1 Off-Road Electric Classes
9.1.1 The AARCMCC Championship classes which are mandated in Section 2.7, must be available for
AARCMCC EP Off Road State and National Championships:
- Two Wheel Drive Modified (Modified Class Motors)
- Two Wheel Drive Stock (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
- Four Wheel Drive Modified (Modified Class Motors)
- Four Wheel Drive Stock (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
- Two Wheel Drive Modified Truck (Modified Class Motors)
- Two Wheel Drive Stock Truck (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
-Two Wheel Drive PRO 2 SCT (10.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)
-Two Wheel Drive PRO lights (junor) SCT (17.5 BL Motors & Approved ESCs)

9.4A Body Specifications:SCT

(Vehicle Height Deleted)

9.4A.1 Full fender truck body. Body must completely cover tires when viewed from above.
9.4A.2 Windshield minimum setback centerline front of body to begin windshield. See diagram 1.
9.4A.3 Cab roof minimum width and depth. See Diagram 2.
9.4A.4 Cab minimum height and depth. See Diagram 3.
9.4A.5 Cab Setback: Minimum setback is measured from a point equal to the Front (centerline) of the body to the beginning of the windshield/lower rock guard.
9.4A.6 Cab Profile: Minimum depth of the cab is measured from the beginning point (centerline) of the
windshield/lower rock guard to the rear reference point of the cab
9.4A.7 Roof Panel: Minimum width is measured from outer most points of the roof section to the upper side window reference line depth of the roof panel is measured (centerline) from
9.4A.8 No add on or integrated spoilers/wings allowed.

9.4A.9 Tire Mounted: Minimum Diameter of the tire (mounted) is established to limit extremely low profile
designs. The target dimension (new tire) is established at 109mm. To compensate for wear, molding
tolerances, degradation of foam inserts, the pre-race minimum allowable diameter of a mounted tire is
106mm. Tracks and Promoters are encouraged to select a “Stated” tire that works best for their
particular location.

9.4A.10 the only holes allowed to be cutout are to let air to be released from under the body, Any hole that allows air to go under the shell will not be allowed

9.6.3 The host club has a duty to ensure that, as part of its selection process, the preferred tyre will be
readily commercially available from Australian hobby shops for the duration of the period from their
announcement until the meeting. The tyre combination should also be suitable for expected weather
and track conditions.
2WD and Truck: Rear tyres controlled only, front tyre is open.
4WD: Front and Rear tyres are controlled, different types maybe selected for the front and the
Rear axles.
SCT Front and Rear Tyers are Controlled and of block patten desighn, same type must be used for front and rear axles.
Approved tyers are:
 Traxxas Slash BF Goodrich Mud Terrain TA (standard Slash tyres) #6871, #6871R
 Traxxas Slash SC Tyre (standard Slash tyres) #5871, 5871R
 Traxxas Kumho SC Tyre (standard Slash tyres) #6870, 6870R
 HPI Maxxis Trepador (Stock Blitz tyres) p/n #103804, 103337, 103338
 Kyosho UMT601 SC Tyre (stock Ultima SC tyre)
 Team Associated SC10 tyre (stock SC10 RTR tyre) #9809 – note SC10 FT tyres not legal
 Team Losi Strike SC Tyre #7214 (note, NOT Eclipse #7215 shipped with XXX-SCT)
 Venom Pro Comp (stock Gambler RTR tyre) #8587
 Proline Switch #1078, 1076

Tyre Sizes - Truck:
Maximum width – 46.99mm.
Minimum width – 41.91mm.
Minimum tyre diameter – 106.68mm.
Wheel sizes: Maxium bead mounting diameter – inner 76.20mm. outer 55.88mm
Note: Internal locking ring may be used for the purpose of retaining the tyre only. Ring cannot be used
to increase the wheel’s original size and/or the stiffness of the sidewall.
Maximum wheel width – 41.91mm.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAM Motorsports

this will slow down the field and bring back driving sideways through the corners and the all important, crowd pleasing, doorslaming action that they bring to the sport.
I'm Just trying to understand this, you want to slow them down and make them harder to drive?

Ash.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey John,

all good points. Some comments from my side:

AARCMCC seem to have no interest in SCT. A proposal was made for SCT classes many months ago with no response at all. Im very disappointed with the lack of direction from them on this issue. But there is no reason why ORRCA Vic cant schedule it as a class (like they do with 540) even if it isnt an AARCMCC class.

Valid point re not going our own direction with truck, but Id sure rather see a strong single field than 2 smaller fields.

Mod truck has definitely had very low numbers of late. Question is: is this because no one wants to run mod truck, or because many guys who run 2w or 4w stock also want to run truck but have to run stock as cross entry isnt allowed? I dont have the answer on this one. Will the 22T increase entries?

Interesting times ahead.

Ray

My thoughts, I also think SCT is a MUST. Not convinced about combined stock and mod truck, as we are going in completely the wrong direction from AARCMCC. If your talking pure numbers you might need to think about dropping mod classes (just an example not a flame) as the stock numbers are higher at all the Vic rounds.
10 stock trucks at wadonga bash as opposed to 3 mod trucks.
We need to align as close as possible to national rules. There is no point running our own set of rules all year just have issues come National times. Especially if one of the VIC clubs is to host a Nationals at some point in the future.
It would be easier to put a proposal to AARCMCC to make SCT official , and a separate one to dump stock truck if that is they direction we want to head.
Unfortunaly (or fotunalty) Vic is really strong in off road EP and has alot of power to swing votes nationally. Whatever we start to implement at other big meets will/may have the effect of starting a snowball interms of classes and class rules. We need to be careful.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by potossero
I'm Just trying to understand this, you want to slow them down and make them harder to drive?

Ash.
when they first came on the market there was only block tyers that came on the cars and it was some of the closest racing ever seen in the class, yes the trucks were sideways in the corners and yes they were harder do drive back then but the main reason for going back to block tyers is to take some of the cost away for more people to enter the class

Brad
Old 11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
MrT
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Goona
I would like both 2WD and 4WD SCT's to be part of the ORRCA series next year.
How about having them both a part of the nitro series instead?

We have people jumping up and down now about dropping rounds just to try to fit in the classes we have already, how in the hell are we going to fit more classes in???
Old 11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When will there be more details about the inter club shield?
And when will we see an entry form.

Cheers

John

Last edited by john watkins; 11-14-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Sct

If everyone enters sct at the shield we potentially could have a very long day. I feel that if you are running in another class then you should not run in sct on the day. Each heat of short course we get will add approx 45 minutes (rough calculation) to the day. I hope that people focus on the class they are entered to achieve maximum points for your club and allow people to run sct who do not have another class to run.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.