R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 12-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

looks like a lot of fun
Old 12-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
Hope you will back for the first round.
Nah I won't make it in time, I asked because I remember making the first round this year.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Nah I won't make it in time, I asked because I remember making the first round this year.
Nnnnooooooooooo
Old 12-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Yes, that is it, and that is basically the layout (anti-clockwise) it is very open.
Open? With 17.5 and above I see virtually no straight section on the racing line. It does look to have two very strong overtaking points and enough variation in speeds to offer advantages for different setup styles.

The surface looks far better than the Boral Coat we race at everywhere these days. Looks the goods and better still the "strong" clubs will have no surface knowledge.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Open? With 17.5 and above I see virtually no straight section on the racing line. It does look to have two very strong overtaking points and enough variation in speeds to offer advantages for different setup styles.
It's not just about the length of the straights, the track is very wide everywhere – it has to be to fit 5th scale cars on it. The section around the outside away from the stand is very fast, even if the straight isn't as long as some others. Most car breakages occur when someone drives too wide and goes off into the grass on that back straight or the following corner.

Keep in mind the video has the direction of running reversed, but yes there are a few good overtaking spots, and one in particular that I quite like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
The surface looks far better than the Boral Coat we race at everywhere these days. Looks the goods and better still the "strong" clubs will have no surface knowledge.
Yeah, the surface is different to Boral coat. Of the other onroad tracks I've driven at I would say it is most like Magic Kingdom, but a little coarser. Like I said before it is rough, but not bumpy and provides good traction. There is only one (Stock) TC driver who regularly races Challenge Cup with significant recent local knowledge (and maybe two others who've driven a bit on it in the past). Everyone else is going to be on a level playing field, and is going to be a little in the dark. Even some of the Maitland members who will be running haven't driven on it.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Newcastle R/C Grand Prix Warm-Up Meeting

Newcastle Warm-Up Meeting Date Change:

The SVRCMCC have made the decision to move their regular club meeting, which is serving as a practice meeting, from the 3rd Sunday in January to the 4th Sunday, so that those drivers driving in the Summer Nats will be able to have a practice meeting on the track should they wish to.

Warm-Up Meeting: 23/1/2011 (4th Sunday in January (there are 5 Sundays that month)) If you're there at 9 am you won't be late. (Actually, if you're there a little after 9 am you probably won't be late either, but 9 am to be safe.)

Only 3 drivers who regularly drive the Challenge Cup have ever driven at the track, so practice Saturday is likely to be very busy, coming to this meeting could give you a decent advantage.

The layout will be the same as the Grand Prix layout. There are 4 races in a day. It's pretty relaxed usually, with largish breaks between rounds, and ends up finishing around or before 2 pm.

Please note that whilst there will be generators operating for the duration of the Newcastle R/C Grand Prix – for both Saturday's practice and Sunday's racing – there will only be limited power available for the warm-up meeting. I recommend coming with as many packs already charged as possible, and having the right motor soldered into your car. If everyone does that it will help make sure there are no problems throughout the day.

Also note that Club meetings at Edgeworth are run with a non-AMB compatible transponder set-up. Have somewhere to mount a transponder if you come to the warm-up meeting.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Default Motors

What exactly are the motor rules supposed to be for CC? Referring to the email sent to clubs

Q2: 21.5 motor rules for 2010 stated that only motors listed on the ROAR/BRCA lists could be used. As the LRP X11 and X12were not on the list, were used but not picked up until too late in the year do we:
A/ Continue to allow them to run in conjunction with the ROAR/BRCA lists;
OR
B/ Ban them and only allow motors on the ROAR and BRCA lists.

I've always thought the rule was that if any variant of a motor was on one of the lists then it was legal to run, so for example ROAR did not have the DUO 2 10.5 on their list but it was legal because the 17.5 was. Given X11 and X12 are both on the BRCA 10.5, 17.5, and mod lists isn't this a non-issue?

Personally I think we're shooting ourselves in the foot every time a "list" is used. There should be technical rules and that's it
Old 12-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
TJ
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The motor rules have always been what is on the ROAR or BRCA lists regardless of what classes are listed. We have always followed what AARCMCC has dicktated in regards to motors and batteries. So if you have a problem with the way it is done you should talk to AARCMCC in regards to the matter. Craig the short point is that do we allow these motors to run or not for next year.

"Anything I say can or will be used against me at a later date":
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #24
Tech Champion

If that's the case then I don't understand the question to the clubs, X12 has been on the BRCA stock list since 12/09 so was legal in 21.5 for CC'10. Is it saying that now BRCA and ROAR have "some" 21.5 motors listed that option B will restrict the class to just those motors?

I don't have a problem with how it's done, I'm just clarifying my understanding. From the AGM and the draft rules I've seen it looks like we're heading to a place with a more common sense approach.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #25
TJ
Tech Champion

Bring drivers up to speed. An email was sent out to all clubs that take part in CC10 today in regards to three issues that have come up in the last couple of weeks.

One is what Craig is talking about which was brought up by a club that took part this year.

Two is the use of rubber tires only in all TC classes at all tracks - exception is on carpet. Mini has always run rubber including carpet.

Three is cross entering in TC classes - we have allowed it before but with super stock not being part of it and AARCMCC not allowing cross entering in mod and stock the question is "yes" , "no", or just 21.5 and 17.5. 540 you can't anyway as per this year.

As you can understand we need answers back asap so we can finalise the rules of next year. Deadline is the 31st Dec.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #26
TJ
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
If that's the case then I don't understand the question to the clubs, X12 has been on the BRCA stock list since 12/09 so was legal in 21.5 for CC'10. Is it saying that now BRCA and ROAR have "some" 21.5 motors listed that option B will restrict the class to just those motors?

I don't have a problem with how it's done, I'm just clarifying my understanding. From the AGM and the draft rules I've seen it looks like we're heading to a place with a more common sense approach.
Yes and I have seen that to and AARCMCC have done a good job but we still have motor and battery list at this time. In the future if AARCMCC beside to change the way they will approve motors and batteries then will will follow suite if the clubs agree. Here is the 21.5 approved lists from brca 21.5 approved motor list.
http://domain3190026.sites.fasthosts...009B%20pdf.pdf

And this is what is on the ROAR list:

Stock/21.5 SpecNovak Novak 3421SS Pro 21.5T
Stock/21.5 SpecNovak Novak Ballistic 3621
Stock/21.5 SpecSchumacher USA Speed Passion Speed Passion
Competition V3 SP 138215V3
Stock/21.5 SpecSpeed Passion USA Speed Passion SP Competition
V3.0 1 cell p/n 1C215V3
Stock/21.5 SpecTekin Tekin Redline 21.5 P/N TT2250
Stock/21.5 SpecThunder Power RC Thunder Power Z3R-S21.5
p/n TPM-S540A215
Stock/21.5 SpecTrinity Team Epic Triniyy D3 21.5 TEP 1057
Stock/21.5 SpecTrinity Trinity TRI 10415 Pulse
Stock/21.5 SpecViper RC Solutions Viper RC Solutions Viper VST

Or you can go here:http://www.roarracing.org/?page_id=251

Last edited by TJ; 12-13-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #27
TJ
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Sorry Craig I missed the first part of the question.

It didn't this year the exception was those two motors that was missed in scrinteering by two of the four clubs. The question is really do we allow them for next year or not. Personally I can't see a point in taking them out now special with Duo 3 motors and I would except more new gen motors to follow next year.

Last edited by TJ; 12-14-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #28
TJ
Tech Champion

Default NSW Club Committee's

Just to keep up to date with the clubs in NSW so that we can send important data to the correct people. If your club has had a committee change lately. Please let us know so when we send out info on CC11 series we can send it to the correct people.

Thanks you

Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Sorry Craig I missed the first part of the question.

It didn't this year the exception was those two motors that was missed in scrinteering by two of the four clubs. The question is really do we allow them for next year or not. Personally I can't see a point in taking them out now special with Duo 3 motors and I would except more new gen motors to follow next year.
So Does this mean there that you will be allowing the X12. I was using it last year and Andrew was using a Tekin and there was nothing in it so i can't see the problem. As long as the racings close. Can Someone please give a DIRECT ANSWER YES or NO
Groomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #30
TJ
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomie View Post
So Does this mean there that you will be allowing the X12. I was using it last year and Andrew was using a Tekin and there was nothing in it so i can't see the problem. As long as the racings close. Can Someone please give a DIRECT ANSWER YES or NO
HI Groomie, as the PM I have already sent you and the text that is above the clubs have to vote on it. So I should be able to tell you one way or the other on the 1st Jan. If the clubs get there votes in early then I should be able to tell you before new years but at this stage that won't happen so the 1st it is.