AUSTRALIAN EVENTS CALENDAR

Old 12-02-2009, 05:56 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Default AUSTRALIAN EVENT CALENDAR

I don't know how long this will last but someone has to do it.
Link to google calendar will be posted tonight, if not sooner.

Last edited by TJ; 12-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

And we need someone who can spell properly to correct the spelling mistake for this Event section.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Arn't you lucky then, that it won't be me!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
occ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I dont mean you TJ, I mean the owners of RC Tech. They cant spell "Australian Events" properly.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can't blame them. They've spelt it how we pronounce it
Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

The link to the Google calendar that has been created is:

http://castlehillraceway.com/auscal.html

At this stage there are only a few events listed.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:30 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Any club that wishs to post their event on the calendar please PM us.

Last edited by TJ; 12-03-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think cickentraders calendar although not structured the way most people would read a calendar, already has a ton of events on it he has done some of the hard yards ... if there is going to be 'the' australian rc events calendar it should be widely accepted and as complete as possible

although in saying that it could also be beneficial to have a state by state calendar ... thats one of the reasons it might be worth looking a user developed php calendar (or the like) where you can combine different calendars - google calendars look pretty 'flat' to me??

TJ maybe you could liaise with chickentrader and make the thing work together?
Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

I have no problem with that. We did this not to piss anyone off. There was a lot of talk about doing what we had already, as we used this system last year for Challenge Cup. The trouble with google is that you have to create a calendar for every section and then link them together. BK idea is a good one but until it is put into action its all air. If Lars want to contact us then "I think" we can give him permmision to edit it and then say he looks after nitro and we look after electric??? What ever you want. If you want to delete then delete it, it's no skin off my nose.

Last edited by TJ; 12-03-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TJ
I have no problem with that. We did this not to piss anyone off. There was a lot of talk about doing what we had already, as we used this system last year for Challenge Cup. The trouble with google is that you have to create a calendar for every section and then link them together. BK idea is a good one but until it is put into action its all air. If Lars want to contact us then "I think" we can give him permmision to edit it and then say he looks after nitro and we look after electric??? What ever you want. If you want to delete then delete it, it's no skin off my nose.
The Chickentrader calendar is there to assist everybody, and I want to co-operate with anyone to put information out there, and this website would be a better place for a comprehensive calendar. I would be pleased to assist with the Google calendar if can help. I should have some time to contact some of the clubs that may have by now scheduled some events next week. and I'll keep you updated.

The format of the Chickentrading calendar was decided on specifically to make it easy to copy, paste and print all the months, for such users as club committees for example, that are looking for a slot to schedule an event, and to find things quickly. I think the Google calendar format is great, but I thought that a plain text document would be better for the purpose that I outlined above; having calendars in different formats would complement each other, and we should be publishing both.

I'll help as much as I can.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok ... you guys sort and when you reckon there is a link to be 'stuck' pm me (said taking a big step back)

if someone wants to fiddle, this is a 'free' calendar that i use, you can 'stack' calendars and have a number of contributors with out everyone having admin rights etc. worth a look but its a time thing (for me anyway, i could probably host it if someone needed a php server to get it going)...

http://vtcalendar.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by contact; 12-05-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Personally I like the Google cal, easy to access, easy to update, easy to share and the required infrastructure to run it is provided for free from Google. Start simple, keep it uncomplicated.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

The 2010 Events Google Calendars are online at:

http://www.castlehillraceway.com/auscal.html

Anyone with any event they wish to add or update, please PM me.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

bump
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Calendar has been updated:

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.