Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series >

2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Default 2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series

Welcome to the thread for the 2010 NSW Off-Road Club Series. Hopefully, it will have important status soon.

Currently, there are 4 rounds of the Series as follows......

R1. Castle Hill – March 28
R2. Maitland – May 30 (In place of Illawarra)
R3. Ryde – Aug 29
R4. Maitland – Oct 31

For more information, visit www.clubseriesnsw.com

The NSW State Titles will be held at St Ives on Sept 18 & 19.

Mav
Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Onya Mav,,
Good to see it's up & running.
Can you please enter me for R1.

Cheers''''
Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ok kool, we're back!!!

now... can we get creative at all, 2009 was a consolidation year to see if the clubs could run their own events, and they did and we can all work together and run a successful series. the beauty of the club series is we have the opportunity to do new things, the series was at the forefront of bringing in brushless for the spec class. we have 6 weeks to nut out some things, i dont know what decisions have been worked out, but we'll need to know if all rounds count, i thought the st ives states was going to count and make it a 5 round series.

Is anyone in the slightest interested in mixing up the formats a bit, like have a different format at each meeting maybe, like one meeting have one 15 min A final, another meeting have 2 x 8-10 min A finals, maybe the last meeting could be like a race of champions style, top 10 in the chamionship shoot out over 6 races, rotating grids, each race counts for points that sort of thing. i just want to throw some ideas out there, there nothing to say we have to run the old 3 x 5min A finals all the time, they arent sanctioned meetings, anyone with me? or is it another mikey pipe dream...
Old 02-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Variety is the spice of life, but it wont appy to me unless the Z final is affected
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mav, I think the mod will probably move this thread to the Aus Events section.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bonus points for anyone running a pre 1990 car?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bugle
Bonus points for anyone running a pre 1990 car?
Now thats just crazy talk LOL
Old 02-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NOFX
ok kool, we're back!!!

now... can we get creative at all, 2009 was a consolidation year to see if the clubs could run their own events, and they did and we can all work together and run a successful series. the beauty of the club series is we have the opportunity to do new things, the series was at the forefront of bringing in brushless for the spec class. we have 6 weeks to nut out some things, i dont know what decisions have been worked out, but we'll need to know if all rounds count, i thought the st ives states was going to count and make it a 5 round series.

Is anyone in the slightest interested in mixing up the formats a bit, like have a different format at each meeting maybe, like one meeting have one 15 min A final, another meeting have 2 x 8-10 min A finals, maybe the last meeting could be like a race of champions style, top 10 in the chamionship shoot out over 6 races, rotating grids, each race counts for points that sort of thing. i just want to throw some ideas out there, there nothing to say we have to run the old 3 x 5min A finals all the time, they arent sanctioned meetings, anyone with me? or is it another mikey pipe dream...
Hey Mikey,

I sent out a form to all the clubs a month ago, asking them to vote on a lot of the suggestions that were made last year. These include some of the things you mentioned including the dropped round issue.
So far, ONLY ONE CLUB has responded.
Hopefully soon, we can get these issues sorted and I'll announce the results.
The current situation is listed on the website. I'll amend it as the situation changes.

As far as the State Titles go, it will be included as a round of the NSW Drivers Championship, but the Clubs will decide whether it will be included in the Club Series.

Mav
Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mav'ster

Was this discussed at St Ives on the 17th of Jan? After the talk of the track not being changed I walked away from the meeting instead of being smart and staying for the rest of the talks.

I guess most clubs have not had a proper meeting yet, due to weather. I know at the St Ives meeting there was hardly anyone there (17th).
Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by doorz
Onya Mav,,
Good to see it's up & running.
Can you please enter me for R1.

Cheers''''
Thanks Baggs.
Looking forward to it this year and hopefully the weather will be knider
Consider yourself entered (for your own meeting).
btw, can CH get back to me with the voting form!

Mav
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1
Mav'ster

Was this discussed at St Ives on the 17th of Jan? After the talk of the track not being changed I walked away from the meeting instead of being smart and staying for the rest of the talks.

I guess most clubs have not had a proper meeting yet, due to weather. I know at the St Ives meeting there was hardly anyone there (17th).
You didn't miss it mate. We were supposed to discuss it last meeting but was washed out. Tomorrow isn't looking good either. I suspect if the racing is cancelled, we'll have an AGM / meeting anyway. I'll wait to see what the committee says.

Mav
Old 02-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
Thanks Baggs.
Looking forward to it this year and hopefully the weather will be knider
Consider yourself entered (for your own meeting).
btw, can CH get back to me with the voting form!

Mav
Mav,
Which one of us has the voting form?

Cheers'''''
Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey There.
I just noticed that Maitland has 2 rounds again this year, last year I drove up from Sydney for both Maitland rounds, cost of a hotel and fuel to not race a single round was pretty bad. I dont mind the travel or the track, but can i just ask why every default round seems to end up in Maitland when i can only imagine the majority or racers come from sydeny metro???????
And where is the St Ives round????????
Rob + Nate.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

hey Rob

Last year was unfortunate for Maitland, 2 attempts at a race meeting, $$ spent, at the end of the year, the feeling was maitland deserved 2 rounds this year if we had space in the schedule, illawarra or canberra are not holding a round this year, so maitland got the nod, in effect it replaces another "away" round. The decision as to whether the stives state titles also counts to the club series is pending a vote by the clubs
Old 02-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

The NSW State Titles should be just that - the NSW State Titles.

IMHO I beleive that there should be a separate round for the club series for St Ives - not everyone is interested in the "pressure", (or whatever term you want to give it), of attending a State Title.

Its a club challenge - not a State Title challenge!! Its about club mates and club rivalry - not individual results.

(donning flame suit and protective gear!!)

Cheers

Darryn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.