R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

its ok dazz, whether the states counts or not will be a vote.

Are u kidding about the pressure of a club series round vs a state titles, last two states have had less entries that any of the series rounds, well i rate the rounds as more intense anyway. but i'd be in favour of your proposal, have a state titles and have a seperate round of the series at st ives too, the club that had the states used to miss out cos we had too many tracks, we dont have that problem anymore

Go Tamiya
@cassovintage www.hillsoffroadrc.com
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

As far as the club challenge goes - I guess I reckon alot more people are interested in representing their club and the friendly rivalry that we all have. It seems to me that that is reflected in the entries for the club series as you mentioned. It's less about individual results and more about your clubs overall points that matter - where as a State Title you are pretty much just repping yourself (usually more self imposed pressure to perform)...

That being said - no point whining about it if you dont get in and vote. We have been given an opportunty to do so, so people should voice their opinions when given the chance. (NOT directed at you Mikey!! ) ..... Alot of people complain in the background, yet say nothing when given the chance. Take your chance to vote CLUBS and people!

For the record - I love the series cause it is like a massive club meeting - with all the sledging, fun and mateship, without a "title" hanging on just one round. Great atmosphere at each one that I attended last year. The States were were great too - however it was, for me, alot more "serious" for want of a better word.

Cheers

Darryn
RETRO R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugle View Post
Bonus points for anyone running a pre 1990 car?
Well I ran a 1986 Model car at the 2007 Nationals and finished 2nd in the Stock C final. The finals went down to D. From memory I was about 15 seconds off an A-final birth. So, given that you usually have down to C finals at challenge cup series, I'm going to say you want to award at least 10 extra points to make it worth running a pre-1990 car.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
Tech Elite

what car was that Dan, manta ray? thought that was a 89-90 model
Old 02-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO R/C View Post
That being said - no point whining about it if you dont get in and vote. We have been given an opportunty to do so, so people should voice their opinions when given the chance. (NOT directed at you Mikey!! ) ..... Alot of people complain in the background, yet say nothing when given the chance. Take your chance to vote CLUBS and people!
Im exactly with you dazz, thats why i posted, we have 6 weeks to discuss and finalise things, ive put my ideas and thoughts up, though no one seems to really care about any format changes, but at least i tried
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Got to say, I'm not exactly psyched about having to race twice at Maitland and not once at St Ives for the Club Series.
1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #22
Tech Master

Default Outline

OK.

Maitland is filling in the whole left by the Illawarra round not happening.
Maitland was the obvious choice given that they had their (1) round washed out twice (Not 2 rounds as earlier suggested), and Illawarra was an away meet for the Sydney Clubs anyway.
St Ives did this last year for the same reason, meaning we hosted 3 large events, and therefor, it is someone else's turn.
Additionally, for each large event at St Ives, there is a s**t load of work for yours truly. I'm not doing that 3 times again this year, particularly with the State Titles being over 4 days for those behind the scenes.

Fair is Fair. All clubs should share in the fruits of our endevours.
Maybe Illawarra can be with us again next year.

Also, The Club hosting the State Titles does not host a round of the Club Series.
That is how it has been. That is how it is now.
The Clubs can choose to change this rule should they ALL agree.

Mav
Maverick CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
Im exactly with you dazz, thats why i posted, we have 6 weeks to discuss and finalise things, ive put my ideas and thoughts up, though no one seems to really care about any format changes, but at least i tried
OHHHHHH MAAATTTEEE.
I care.
Actually, almost all the ideas that were put forward last year were put to the clubs at the beginning of this year so we can finalise the rules by 1 March. I have received results from 1 club but still waiting for the others.
One of the best things about these threads is throwing ideas out and watching the debate.
Most of the time, views, ideas & opinions give others more and diverse ideas, and that is a good thing.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Mav
Maverick CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #24
Tech Elite

I LOVE YOU MAV

Hugs

Darryn
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

No worries Mav.

Wasn't voicing criticism, more just a lack of enthusiasm on my part. What you wrote following, seems very fair to all the clubs and their racers.

Big respect to all the experienced club people out there, you guys are in a much better position to insight ideas and change.

Mav, might be worth enlisting help if the tasks are wearing. It would be ideal to keep your enthusiasm fresh and right up there in the power-band for years and years to come.
1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Thanks for the clarification on the State Titles Mav, I was not aware that is how it had always been. That being said - doesnt make it right for everyone!

Part of the reason for off road 1/10th dying off a bit mid to late 90's (other than tires getting silly), was the fact that the clubs were not being supported becuase you had all your top drivers running at some freaking "big, important" meeting every weekend - leaving the clubs with fewer experienced members to actually get the "up and comers" on track. The current club series is bloody fantastic, and throws back to a time when club rivalries were probably more important than individual "titles" - as there was alot of club pride. So yeah - I love the series and reckon it is worth the effort.

As Mav knows - I even wrote him a song last year about his dedication. I truly appreciuate the huge effort required to get meetings happening.

I feel sorry for the Maitland guys, alot of effort went in last year - and both times nil running was done. They deserve a good run. Obviously I am going to respect any decision that is made - as I love the racing and friendship with you clowns that comes with it!!

Cheers

Darryn
Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO R/C View Post
The NSW State Titles should be just that - the NSW State Titles.

IMHO I beleive that there should be a separate round for the club series for St Ives - not everyone is interested in the "pressure", (or whatever term you want to give it), of attending a State Title.

Its a club challenge - not a State Title challenge!! Its about club mates and club rivalry - not individual results.

(donning flame suit and protective gear!!)

Cheers

Darryn
I totally agree mate.

There should be an extra round
ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #28
Tech Elite

i love mav too, or is that jack daniels, maybe both
Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

Hi All

As i said in my previous blurb, I don't mind the drive for the away rounds and mine was only a question as to why there where 2 rounds at Maitland and none at St Ives. This is now clear to me now. I have to agree with most posts on here "I....We love the Club series"
Mav you have a PM.
Sydney RC...Ryde Pryde.
Bexfatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I reckon that snives should have a club round as well as a state titles, i love the friendly nature of the club series (we'll get you this year) and I love the snivces track so it's simple, maitland and snives to co-host one event at snives, procedes to be devided between both clubs

RYDE'S COMMIN TO GET YA!!!!!!!
old_skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote