R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 11-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

on the points score we could have 1 point allocated to your nominated club just for turning up and entering, and 2 points allocated if you have come from another club to race away from home, this would help involve all club members in the total points score.

A final top3 qualifiers from each club 12 points down to 1
b final 456 qualifiers from each club 12 points down to 1
c final so on and so on

I feel the interclub should be club against club, We have enough individual type events to race at and if the the top 3 from each club are the only ones racing for points then how are we encouraging the other 20 to 50 drivers to turn up and race at another venue.

saturday truggy only sunday buggies only that way you can double up if you want.

saturday night bbq after racing

if your clubs event is rained off then what ?????????
OZ RC Geebung, Team C 1/8th Buggy and Truggy
Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
on the points score we could have 1 point allocated to your nominated club just for turning up and entering, and 2 points allocated if you have come from another club to race away from home, this would help involve all club members in the total points score.

A final top3 qualifiers from each club 12 points down to 1
b final 456 qualifiers from each club 12 points down to 1
c final so on and so on

I feel the interclub should be club against club, We have enough individual type events to race at and if the the top 3 from each club are the only ones racing for points then how are we encouraging the other 20 to 50 drivers to turn up and race at another venue.

saturday truggy only sunday buggies only that way you can double up if you want.

saturday night bbq after racing

if your clubs event is rained off then what ?????????
I couldn't agree more Tony this definitely should be club against club. I believe the 2 major benefits for the clubs are

1. building a team/club spirit = a stronger club and hence more chance of survivial, not to mention maybe a few more people to help on those track prep days

2. By making them a 2 day event allows the clubs raise funds = see point 1

Saturday night BBQ sounds great - espicially if the club runs it gotta love cash flow. See point 1 again

I like the idea of 1 point for local members and 2 points for travelling club members

In the event of rain, I believe that there should be a fall back weekend set aside.............

We need (to over time) to make this the "must attend event" for club members in SEQ.

Therefore to make this event work the clubs need to act as a united group show that everyone (as in the committies of each club) is 100% behind this.

As an example no other club (the clubs invovled) meet can be run on the weekend of the interclub event..........

Cheers

Mark
Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
Tech Regular

IMO I dont think splitting buggy & truggy up into different days is a good idea.
I would think that the main purpose of a series like this would be to bring as many racers, from as many clubs together at the one time.
It also helps with pitting for each other. And by alternating the classes during bump up finals, offers drivers who bump up,
time to prepare thier cars ready for the next race.
Just another option on race days.
4 x 1 day race meetings. ie: 1 at each club. say 3x 5min heats, then finals.
Then a 2 Day grand final. double race length, double race points.
ie; 10 min heats, longer finals.
Grand Final to be on a yearly rotation of the clubs. Flip a coin for the 1st final hosts.
Trophy presentation and a BBQ etc. at the finals.
R.C Hobbies Gold Coast
XXXX GOLD
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
IMO I dont think splitting buggy & truggy up into different days is a good idea.
I would think that the main purpose of a series like this would be to bring as many racers, from as many clubs together at the one time.
It also helps with pitting for each other. And by alternating the classes during bump up finals, offers drivers who bump up,
time to prepare thier cars ready for the next race.
Just another option on race days.
4 x 1 day race meetings. ie: 1 at each club. say 3x 5min heats, then finals.
Then a 2 Day grand final. double race length, double race points.
ie; 10 min heats, longer finals.
Grand Final to be on a yearly rotation of the clubs. Flip a coin for the 1st final hosts.
Trophy presentation and a BBQ etc. at the finals.
I agree about splitting the classes........... let's keep them together. While I like your idea of the "Grand Final" it's going to be hard enough to fit the 4 meets in with the National Calender.

The only events that I would like to see rated higher (as in what do I attend for the year) than this event would be National and State Titles.

Cheers

Mark
Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #20
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I love the whole idea
Good points from everyone .
I think it needs to be kept simple but cover all aspects to .
From the past conversation in this thread my opinions are
1 - Don't split classes
2 - 2 to 3 x 1 day race meets to count at each club ( drop worst round )Not all people will be able to attend all rounds so it will keep them in the hunt .
3 - We all hold a 2 day meet a year and most attend so each clubs 2 day meet counts for double points
4 - Grand final 2 day meet at the end to rotate to a different club each year , double points and double race lengths ( 20 min heats 60 min mains )
5 - A drivers championship for PRO , SPORTSMAN , ROOKIE AND JNR run in conjunction with the interclub ( Good incentive , we have no series like other sports for the serious or keen racers ) I think this is just as important for the sport as the interclub is to clubs .
I think the biggest problem is there is never any reward for the average driver . They need to be recognised at some stage for making up the numbers . Most people race to win . Pride in your club is built with a comp like this as their results count towards your club
6 - Only for Nitro Buggy and Truggy
7 - no other club (the clubs invovled) meet can be run on the weekend of the interclub event
8 - Rockert Round ABC final formatt - with bump ups
9 - To get good sponsors it has to remain the same one's for each event with the home track to be alloud their own yearly ones but not a sponsor for just one race .
It would have to follow the football teams business model to make it work and break up parts of the track and sell individual things
eg , Marshals tops sell to 1 sponsor for the series , print on the backs
Drivers stand 1 sponsor
Back fence 2 or 3 major sponsors
The series name main naming rights
Name each jump or section
You have to be able to offer as many as possible from very cheap to the main naming rights to be able to get business involved
Max coverage with signage (sign company as a sponsor contra deal) always looks professional and makes people think they really are at something special

And MEDIA , MEDIA , MEDIA
ANYTHINK WITH FOOTAGE OR PICTURES INCREASES EXPOSURE AND CREATES INTEREST

- The points for attendance will disadvantage a small club like ourselves . It's easy points for big clubs , Meakin would get enough points from 1 away meet as we would for the hole year . If you cap that then you might as well not have it
I don't know how to do the points for each club to make it work ?
- The only events rated higher than this event would be National and State Titles.

Just a few ideas
www.coast2coastrc.com.au
Logan Offroad - The Brickyard
BSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

I think just one round at each club for the 1st season,just to make sure it works, the shorter the season the more chance of attendance.

Points go on average of attendence vs points. minium of 5 or 10 drivers to get points,

Could you do a day of no quals just finnals?Each club has there best 3 drivers in a main and 3 in b and so on.
To qualify to be the best driver in your club you must be top of your club championship lader.So you cant import some factory driver that hardly even races at your club.

Last edited by JB 28; 11-20-2009 at 04:15 AM.
JB 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:31 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

karl i will come see you at the next meaken race meet and have a chat as we are keen from the gold coast but not to much chat as we all busy as. i will see you at meaken masters if not before.
v1r killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
Tech Master

my reasons behind 1 class per day

you will not be able to run bump up finals for a club against club event where the top 3 from each club are bumped to the A main along with the
next 456 fastest from each club being promoted to the B main so on for the C D E F all finals to the same length to promote a fair go race meet for all. I know the superstars wont like this format but without the fortnight regular joe racers we would not have a sport.

example of all in
Saturday 70 to 120 buggy and truggy racers doing 3 x 10 min quals will take all saturday total of 40mins racing per class and for those doing 2 classes a headache 80 mins

Sunday all drivers will get a 2omin final only on sunday

example of split class
Saturday truggy single class
estimated max 60 drivers 3 x 10 min quals and abc finals.

Sunday buggy single class
astimated max 70 drivers 3 x 10 min uals and abc finals

Drivers do not have to give up or arrange for the whole w/e off work or away from the family.

and those drivers who are heading for the divorce courts already and have 2 cars can do what they want.

It just makes it easier to get more people to attend over any days
OZ RC Geebung, Team C 1/8th Buggy and Truggy
Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 AM   #24

just to help you guys with dates and planning.. we've decided as a committee to just jump:

our 2010 season will start a week after our night meet trail. ie: 31st of January 2010 and every fortnight after that. With a break sometime july and finishing early december.

2day events and any interclub events will no doubt fall on our race day (at our club) for that given fortnight so will replace that date accordingly.

Anyways we'll have a calendar posted up soon
Old 11-21-2009, 04:10 AM   #25
Tech Master

will every club be represented at the meeting at the Meakin Masters? Do we know who the 2 reps from each club are?
Old 11-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I'm sorry to inform everyone that the Gold Coast Track has closed permanently due to lack of support and funding .
The interclub will have to be run over the 3 clubs not 4
Hope to see you all soon to support the interclub as part of another club for 2010
www.coast2coastrc.com.au
Logan Offroad - The Brickyard
BSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to RC Pro Aus

After the sad loss of the Gold Coast track maybe you should think of including Maryborough and Bunderberg in the series.

Also you should allow the series to be run at one of there 2 day meets already in there calander such as the Bundy Cup being round 1 as it is in Feb, king of the valley, meekin masters doing this will all but ensure a big turnout at the events.

Also think about using 1 form of sign up for the series slyfox is ok but it gets messy, if you use rc sign up you can promote the series as a whole series of events.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to BAM Motorsports

it's good to see an interclub starting in SEQ (cursing i've moved to victoria now) i point system i've seen used down here is the club get's the average points of there drivers

eg if club A has 10 drivers, club B has 3 drivers and club C has 6 drivers.
the total points for the club is divided by how many drivers they have.

so club A would have there total points devided by 10 Club B by 3 and Club C by 6 means everyone is racing for there club and club members will help other club members to get there car home as well making a Team event

just my 2 cents' worth

to help with promoting Set up a page in facebook as well cost's nothing to do and most people that have the internet at home also have a profile on facebook also informs people of racing and to attract people to come down to watch

Bradley Matheson
BAM Motorsports
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/BAM-...s/121539299522

Cant wait to shift back to Qld when the job is finished in victoria
AKA "World Class Products by World Champions"
Team Associated, 2x SC-10, B4 540, B44.1 Stock, T4.1 Stock
BAM Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM Motorsports View Post
it's good to see an interclub starting in SEQ (cursing i've moved to victoria now) i point system i've seen used down here is the club get's the average points of there drivers

eg if club A has 10 drivers, club B has 3 drivers and club C has 6 drivers.
the total points for the club is divided by how many drivers they have.

so club A would have there total points devided by 10 Club B by 3 and Club C by 6 means everyone is racing for there club and club members will help other club members to get there car home as well making a Team event

just my 2 cents' worth
That sounds fair, maybe something to think about...
Old 12-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #30
Tech Master

well Karl you said it would happen....Tony and Myself are the reps for Meakin.

Who else is representing their club at the discussions?