Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia Wanted to Buy
Electric Touring Car To Get Into Hobby >

Electric Touring Car To Get Into Hobby

Electric Touring Car To Get Into Hobby

Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Electric Touring Car To Get Into Hobby

Gday

Im after an electric touring car to start racing at the track near me .. (tempe, nsw) it's onroad 1/10th 4wd i belive :/

Cheers
Old 08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mate we are racing tommorow night, generally starts around 7.00 to 7.30
if you pop down and have a chat to a few people, i know there are a few guys that have spare cars or will be able to point you in the right direction of what you might need
I know ScottyG has a Tamiya 415 for sale ready to go

if you ask for him or myself ChrisK we will be able to help you out

Some questions you should think about:

what class (if new 540 is best to start with, slower, less cost and great place to begin)

what is the best car for the track (there are a few Tamiya, xray, corally)

where to get spares (local stores to you depending on what car you get and how many spares come with it, i know the one scotty is selling has heaps)

what tyres to use (depending on what class and if you race Sunday or Tuesday)

etc etc etc

Dont hesitate to drop down and have a chat

Chrisk
Old 08-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a Schumacher Mi3 roller that i am about to put up for sale if you are interested. I bought this car 2nd hand about 8 months ago and it has seen about an hour of track time, just didnt have the time and i am going to concentrate on off road now. Paid $250 and it didnt come with a shell or motor. So i am asking $250 for it + shipping of course, would be around the $20 mark. It is in Good condition, usual scratches on the bottom of the chassis.

As i said it is a roller, so you would need to get a radio and ESC. Will come with an almost new shell, set of used rubber kyosho tyres, a 1 hour old Tamiya/Johnson 540 silver can motor (can throw in a brand new one as an extra if i get my price), gear ratio has been setup for 540 racing.

with the same lipo packs the Mi3 was faster than my TA05 which was also setup for 540 racing. (both cars running at the same time, mi3 higher top speed).

Busy putting together a list of what i am selling so i will be taking pics in the next few days. PM me if your interested. If i get $250 i will throw in the brand new 540 motor and a brand new hitec high speed servo (they are the cheap plastic gear ones but do the job pretty dam well, around $35 from rchobbies).

Edit: forgot to add i will also throw in a roll of that special fibreglass battery tape, which obviously you use to hold the batteries down as these higher end cars dont have battery compartments like the tub chassis. (used about 1.5m of it, still almost a full roll)
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Theres a full package going cheap on ebay that looks like it might
be suitable that ide love to know if is a good deal. It wont let me post links
but it's title is - Radio Control Car - RC10 TC3

What do you think about this one?

Will definatilly drop down to have a chat and check out the racing. What
do you normally do if its raining or looking like its going to?

I planned to run the novice 540 silver class i think it was. your not a fan of the team associated cars?
Will have to find out more about scottys car, sounds like a good one.

Cheers Chrisk
Old 08-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to mention, the store i quight like is rchobbies and it's close. Does this rule out corally or any other cars ? they dont seem to stock any corally stuff.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

id prefer a Tamiya 415 over a tc3. tc3 is quiet old and shaft driven and im sure the guys down at sma would help you out with setup and stuff there a few Tamiya guys always lending a hand to people
Old 08-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I did not realise you where completely new, which is why i made the offer for the Mi3, probably not a suitable car for a newbie though i sent you a very long reply to your PM.

Basically go down to the track and speak to the guys, go for a car that others at the track are running so you will have a lot of support if you have problems etc.

Good luck choosing Any other questions feel free to PM me.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I have a TT-01 rolling chassis in new condition for $90.00 plus post.
You will need radio gear, esc and a motor

Lawrie
Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

You have pm about losi xxx-s with radio, esc and 540 silver can motor. All you will need to get started then is batterries and a charger