Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia For Sale/Trade
Transponders Brand New In Box KO PROPO BSX SERVO Hobbywing Xerun V3 ESC >

Transponders Brand New In Box KO PROPO BSX SERVO Hobbywing Xerun V3 ESC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transponders Brand New In Box KO PROPO BSX SERVO Hobbywing Xerun V3 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bergerwithdlot
When do we contact PayPal then?
I would contact paypal immediately, and start as soon as you can because if the money is still in his paypal acc and hasn't hit his bank yet, you may have a higher chance of retrieving it.

Do you also not find is suss or worrying that he has posted everyday since Fri, but hasn't been on since my concern to at least defend himself?

All good berger dont feel to bad, you wont be their first nor the last, I probably caught on to it quicker as I've been burn years ago.

Best of luck guys., but my advice is to be contacting paypal immediately.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks NR, glad you were onto it, the silence is defening. There's nothing worse than a thief.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

just a heads up with paypal, you do have up to 45 days to put in a dispute and if he is as dodgy as he seems he would have already transferred the money to his acc. I will give him till later this week to see if a delivery arrives then get onto paypal....... but as has been said already, if he was for real he would have come onto here and defended himself.........
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I just lodged a dispute, if it arrives I'll close it but I'm not holding my breath..
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

There is one worse than a thief and that's a liar!

For my five cents worth...I'd personally give it a week or around the approx transit time if express post wasn't specified before going to paypal! Completely your decision of course but as stated you do have 45 days to raise the dispute.

It hasn't yet been 24hrs since nr raised the alarm bells on a possible bad sale. The seller claims he works in a mine hence the possibility of no reply from the seller since...although time will soon tell!

I liked the idea of a mylaps transponder new for 80 posted but with no feedback and only a few posts I was reluctant and thought I'd keep an eye out, but not quite to expect this outcome!

I respect the way nr approached the situation, but I'd give the guy a week to prove himself as what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty! and again eitherway if you've paid via paypal, you're safe!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Initiate

I've lodged a dispute, I have 20 days to escalate it if he doesn't respond. I will be lucky to wait till the end of the week. Working at a mine is no excuse for poor communication, he was very quick to respond to make the sale. I would give the benifit of the doubt, but why sell stuff under two handles? He still has time to sort it out.

Last edited by Bergerwithdlot; 09-25-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Add
Old 09-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im giving it a full 7 days before lodging a dispute. Paypal seems to recommend it.
Nothing wrong with pre-empting the worst and getting a dispute in early though. In the end, you have 45 days to lodge and a further 20 days to try and sort things out before a conclusion is made.
I dont know what happens on the sellers side, but if the dispute works out in your favour, you should get your money back regardless of weather or not the seller has taken his money out and fled. There may be problems if you pay as a 'gift' although I am not sure. Anyone know about this?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HareTurtle
There may be problems if you pay as a 'gift' although I am not sure. Anyone know about this?
If you paid as a gift...Your screwed!...You are NOT covered and will NOT get your money back if you paid as a gift.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I purchased under the other name and have sent a private message to him with no response!
The Bizzare thing is he has refunded $2 back to me .....I do not know why .
I too have lodged a dispute with Paypal.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

When I seen this post come up I was thinking surely no one would buy from this guy, just joined up to rctech, no feedback and brand new goods at awesome prices, was sus
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

People love a bargain though
Old 09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I got too excited, soon as someone said something it was obvious. I'm never ready to be robbed!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bergerwithdlot
Yeah I got too excited, soon as someone said something it was obvious. I'm never ready to be robbed!
Don't feel bad, I almost sent this guy money as well.... luckily I had another club member warn me about the multiple users this guy is posting ubder ..

Has anyone received anything from this guy?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecableguy
Don't feel bad, I almost sent this guy money as well.... luckily I had another club member warn me about the multiple users this guy is posting ubder ..

Has anyone received anything from this guy?
Nope. Nothing. Last reply was last Fri saying he'd send next business day.
Anyone who has paid, you at least have the PM thread showing the level of commitment between you and the seller. which may help later when claiming with Paypal.

$85 for a BNIB transponder seemed cheap but not impossible.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Nothing either, last contact was 1100 Monday when he confirmed payment was received.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.