Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia For Sale/Trade
FS[MEL]Boomerang 40 plane and Hitec Aurora 9ch radio >

FS[MEL]Boomerang 40 plane and Hitec Aurora 9ch radio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS[MEL]Boomerang 40 plane and Hitec Aurora 9ch radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FS[MEL]Boomerang 40 plane and Hitec Aurora 9ch radio

Hey guys,

Decided to sell the plane. I bought it with intention of learning how to fly but never had the time to actually learn. It's either me or my friend that are busy so we could never get around to getting out there for a few flying lessons. Plane has just been sitting in my garage collecting dust and I thought it was a shame for it not to be used as intended.

This is a great trainer plane. It is a Boomerang 40 (made by Seagulls models company) with OS 46 AX engine (very good engine) and Hitec Aurora 9ch radio with a Lipo Tx battery.

Plane has flown once only and that is no bull. My friend took it up just to set all the trim settings and give it a shake down flight. Was pretty impressed with it. Plenty of power and he reckons very easy to fly. Engine break in was performed as per OS instructions and has after run oil used on it after the run in and after its first flight. I have also dropped a couple of drops of after run oil every couple of months just to make sure it stays in tip top shape. Radio system is as new and comes with instruction book (I have to say it is one of the best user manuals I have ever read, very easy to follow), box, Hitec lanyard thingy and a 2200mAh 2S lipo for the Tx. It is a Mode 2 radio (was originally Mode 1 but I thought that Mode 2 would be easier for me) but it can be configured into any mode by turning a few screws on the back of the unit and making a few changes in the menu. Also it has three menu modes; plane, heli and glider. Not sure what the difference is between the three but you can have fun working it out. Also it is a touch screen. Makes navigating through the menu easy. Just click on what you want to go into. No scrolling through complicated menus. The servos in the plane are Hitec HS-5645MG which came with the radio system. It will also come with a starter, cranking pump and just over 3L liters of OS recommended fuel.
Obviously this is far too big to send through mail so please only pick up. Might be willing to meet someone half way if they are coming from a far but will definitely not be shipping it anywhere. Test on the engine is more than welcome but there will be no test flights until the money is in my pocket. Price is $450 and considering that I have paid just under $1000 for this setup and fact it hasn't been used other than a maiden flight I think that the price is pretty reasonable. If you want to learn to fly or just want an easy flier this would be a great way to save a lot of money.

Thanks for looking and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I can't post decent pics here due to my low post count but feel free to PM me with your email addy and I'll send you the pics.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default about your items

Hi bud, Where is this located and have you got any pics?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sold pending payment.