Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia For Sale/Trade
non r/c***power balance wristband silicone bracelet***as seen on Today Tonight*** >

non r/c***power balance wristband silicone bracelet***as seen on Today Tonight***

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

non r/c***power balance wristband silicone bracelet***as seen on Today Tonight***

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

A few questions,

Can you claim the cost on medicare?
Will an AMA certified doctor prescribe one of these devices?
Where are the clinical double blind studies carried out by a certified lab?
What is the patent or patent pending number for the technology?

I went to the Power Balance site and I get it now, PB or yourself don't actually make ANY claims whatsoever, of all the examples on the website NONE say they achieved something because of a PB product. Any "connection" with a "feeling" or acheivent is purely made on the part of the reader / viewer.

The only thing PB and yourself are selling is a cheap rubber bracelet that is NOT used or useful for any purpose other than to be decorative, you and PB's advertising method is constructed in such a way that it merely alludes to some other qualities the product posses by simple association with peoples random good fortunes, that connection is made wholy within the mind of the reader / viewer.

Last edited by demracer1; 05-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by click888
" a very simple item."

All jokes aside. This item is a mind over matter device. Before you use it, you are told and made aware of what it is supposed to do, so when you put it on, you actually try to convince your brain that it is doing actually doing something.. I can bet you my house that if you didn't know you were wearing it, or you were wearing it but were not told what it was supposed to do, that your ailments would still be there.. This item is in a sense just a mask.. I think we RCers are just poking fun cuz you posted this in an RC section. If we wanted to buy this junk we would have looked in the bargain forum....... There's a bargain forum?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you think this item is useless, please feel free to say/post.
Uhm if you havent noticed thats what alot of guys have been doing

Old 05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hang about, this thing might actually work...........as a tyre glueing band
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was hoping to just offer a cheaper alternative...
a cheaper alternative would be a rubber band.

cost about 10 cents, and has the same effect as this bracelet.

a rubber band has more uses though.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
a cheaper alternative would be a rubber band.

cost about 10 cents, and has the same effect as this bracelet.

a rubber band has more uses though.
obviously, you have misread or misunderstood what the line of thought was. let me just try to explain this in simple terms that even you can understand.

RRP-$59
selling-$25 posted--cheaper
Old 05-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by demracer1
A few questions,

Can you claim the cost on medicare?
Will an AMA certified doctor prescribe one of these devices?
Where are the clinical double blind studies carried out by a certified lab?
What is the patent or patent pending number for the technology?

I went to the Power Balance site and I get it now, PB or yourself don't actually make ANY claims whatsoever, of all the examples on the website NONE say they achieved something because of a PB product. Any "connection" with a "feeling" or acheivent is purely made on the part of the reader / viewer.

The only thing PB and yourself are selling is a cheap rubber bracelet that is NOT used or useful for any purpose other than to be decorative, you and PB's advertising method is constructed in such a way that it merely alludes to some other qualities the product posses by simple association with peoples random good fortunes, that connection is made wholy within the mind of the reader / viewer.

Can you claim the cost on medicare?--no, because this is not in anyway a medical device or procedure.
Will an AMA certified doctor prescribe one of these devices? the AMA does not certify doctors and no doctor will prescribe these
Where are the clinical double blind studies carried out by a certified lab?double blind studies are not done mostly by labs, double blind placebo controlled random clinical trials/studies can be done by anyone, even by someone like yourself. and no, there isn't any p value
What is the patent or patent pending number for the technology?there is no patent for this technology

Not quite sure what you mean by simple association with people's random good fortunes. You have a point though that the connection is made wholly within the mind of the reader/viewer. Is that wrong? No one is forcing anyone here.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by autocadsteve197

All jokes aside. This item is a mind over matter device. Before you use it, you are told and made aware of what it is supposed to do, so when you put it on, you actually try to convince your brain that it is doing actually doing something.. I can bet you my house that if you didn't know you were wearing it, or you were wearing it but were not told what it was supposed to do, that your ailments would still be there.. This item is in a sense just a mask.. I think we RCers are just poking fun cuz you posted this in an RC section. If we wanted to buy this junk we would have looked in the bargain forum....... There's a bargain forum?
all jokes aside. last time I checked, there isn't any bargain forum and there isn't anyone forcing you to believe anything. unless, like you yourself said that this is a mind over matter device, you're actually believing it already
Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by savage_man

Uhm if you havent noticed thats what alot of guys have been doing

I can't really blame you if that's the only thing you understood out of that whole post
Old 05-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Im going to buy one of these next pay day and attach it to the motor of my car and see if gets me a couple of extra tenths
Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Im going to buy one of these next pay day and attach it to the motor of my car and see if gets me a couple of extra tenths
Extra tenths of what?
The only thing its gonna get you is a few tenths of an ounce in wasted weight.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

[QUOTE=click888;7435815]who died and made you judge?

check your spelling before you post here, lest people will think that you don't know how to spell and yet you're demanding that people who bought this item be named. grow up

lest is that a word? or did you mis-spell (at least)
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 AM
BSC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I never thought of using a tyre gluing band
would have saved me a lot of money
Old 05-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can't really blame you if that's the only thing you understood out of that whole post
Dude i understood what your trying to flog here BUT go back and read what everyone has been saying about your trinkets or are you blinded by your investment outlay which really was a bad business decision ???

Realy dude go back to playing with r/c and get a real job instead of flogging trinkets on this good r/c community...
Old 05-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

WILL THIS FIT MY TEAM MAGIC E4RS CHASSIS IF SO ILL TAKE 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.