Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australia For Sale/Trade
Spektrum Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack - New - Cheap!! >

Spektrum Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack - New - Cheap!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack - New - Cheap!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack - New - Cheap!!

Hi

Up for sale is a New Spektrum Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack. Purchased this about 3 months ago and have not used. Now getting out of RC.

Details are below.

Good Luck.

Nitro Telemetry Combo Pack
Overview

It’s a tool that no serious racer will want to do without – a tool that gives you the kind of information that helps you tweak your car for maximum performance. And it's all packaged in one convenient box.
If you’re a serious racer, you’re probably way ahead of us in figuring out Spektrum telemetry’s benefits. But we’ll list them nonetheless.
There are benefits like engine-saving feedback to help maximize performance while preventing costly failures and rebuilds. And the elimination of dumped Rx packs means no more crashes or DNF’s due to battery failure in nitro-powered vehicles.
Besides that, Spektrum Telemetry’s lap timing helps you analyze the effectiveness of tire and gear selections, suspension tweaks, etc. Plus it backs up race organizers’ lap counting systems.
Add its rpm sensing to give you a handle on your car’s actual speed, plus the Quality of Signal feature to monitor RF link strength, and you’ve got the whole package.

Key Features

* Monitors temperature to maximize performance and eliminate costly rebuilds
* Battery voltage display prevents runaway crashes in nitro cars
* RPM display shows top-end speed
* Quality of signal monitors RF link strength
* Lap Counter/Timer helps analyze results of performance tweaks

On ebay with current bidding at $46.00 and ends tomorrow morning. Retail is $249.00 from rchobbies.com.au so a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Spektrum-Nitr...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

But does it work on DSM 2 or just DSM1?
I was under the impression that it only works with DX2.0 and 3.0 radios, but I see you have a DX3R like myself.
Does it work on the 3R?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

as far as I understand it does, but I have never used it.

Cheers,
Old 01-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

only works with DSM1.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by badzooka
only works with DSM1.
BUGGER! Thanks anyway.
Would love telemetry but am left handed so even the DX3S is no good to me...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Queensland, Australia, Earth, Galaxy, Universe, A Childs Sandpit
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If I might add this please! I used to own one of these kits. I sold it on ebay just 2 months ago after buying it used from here at Rctech. I sold it only because I discovered it doesn't work with my DX3R on DSM2 technology. The only way to get it to work with that transmitter was to be using a RS3001 receiver while your doing the testing (It's not DSM2 but it is DSM1 technology)...I figured you could just as easily take out the SR3100 receiver and put in the SR3001 receiver to do all the testing, then after the car is dialed replace it with your SR3100. I didn't have both so I had to get rid of it..This is a very VERY good setup if you can use it. A must for anyone really, on or offroad, Nitro or Electric there really isn't much difference with the kits except for the mounting brackets, and usually you would have to fabricate one for yourself to suit your own car so the actually workings of the Telemetry Kits aren't any different. . ..
Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes. That would work. I run the 3001's in my large scales because the 3100's glitch with the magneto.
The only downside to the 3001 is the size, the newer truggies, buggies dont have the receiver space, but there is NO difference in the performance of the radio.
Again, unfortunately, the only units I want telemetry on are in the racing stable.