Search
Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obzelite
hey, i'm a mod on another forum and deal with the same shit, cept i delete the crap straight away and deal with dickheads harshly rather than just let them continue to ruin the forum for everyone else. the fake account and fake negative feedback is still on zenbonzakura's account, so i guess you chose to do nothing.
you have an infraction for your language
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zenbonzakura
dont buy anything off a guy name
bundyracer
from bundy
paypal account name ****
he sold me a truggy we made a deal he put sold to me and i pay the money
within 6 hours of the deal then that afternoon he sold it to a other guy who pay more for it after it was sold and pay for and then he sent me a msg making fun that he sold it for more money
this not the first time he has done it too ppl
Karma is a biznitch!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
awesome work, no wonder buying off this forum has become a lottery.

(hope my language wasn't to harsh for your sensitive ears this time)
Old 08-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Lolwut? What swear words?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs down RUSTY ONE BAD TRADER

RustyOne is a bad trader.

The facts:

-Losi 8ight T listed for sale, thread title reads "********NEW Losi Truggy 2.0********" ( http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ggy-2-0-a.html )
-I paid $450 cash on pickup for an item that I was informed "You will need the electrics to complete it."
-On pickup there was a missing screw from the rear of the truggy (was supplied to me to install once I pointed out it was missing, what else is missing?)
-I purchased 'electrics' to complete it myself (receiver, battery, servos)
-Servo mounts not supplied when purchased (couldn't mount servos)
-Servo horn adaptors not supplied when purchased (couldn't connect servos to arms/linkages)
-Servo steering arm and bolt/nut never supplied (couldn't steer the truggy)
-Contacted RustyOne and was supplied the servo mounts and servo horn adaptors for the servos
-I purchased steering arm elsewhere
-Attempted to run/drive the truggy but it would stall at same RPM everytime regardless of wheels on or off the ground. It would not drive faster than a crawl but revs were high compared to very slow drive speed.
-Removed engine and inspected clutch to find 1x busted bearing missing pieces and 1x bearing completely siezed. (definitely not 'NEW')
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ntbearing.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...arbearing.jpg/
-Contacted RustyOne asking simple question, "Did you ever run the truggy you sold me in it's current configuration with the D5 engine right before I bought it?"
-Received response which did not answer me, just asked another question.
-I replied, again asking same question as I had already located the problem
-Received TWO responses, essay replies, still did not answer the question.
-I messaged RustyOne for the last time asking simple question, "Did you drive the car 'as it was' when I bought it? Yes, or no???"
-Received reply and for the third time, question was avoided and never answered.

I know it has been some time since my original purchase to now when I have finally had enough but when you pay this much money for something you expect it to work. It has taken so long to find out that it wouldn't drive as it took me time to acquire servos and Rx/Tx and other items.
I believe RustyOne is avoiding answering me as he knows the truggy was never driven in it's setup as I bought it and if it had been then hopefully I would have a truggy that works. It appears as though it was put together from pieces and never tested as working before sale. I am still left to source more parts to get this working and who knows what else I will find missing or broken once I try to drive it again.

Please, for your own benefit, if you are going to buy something from RustyOne listed near new or as new I would advise you ask him directly if it has been tested as working 100% before you buy it. If he doesn't answer you, I think that's answer enough.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh

The facts:

-Losi 8ight T listed for sale, thread title reads "********NEW Losi Truggy 2.0********" ( http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ggy-2-0-a.html )
-I paid $450 cash on pickup for an item that I was informed "You will need the electrics to complete it."
-On pickup there was a missing screw from the rear of the truggy (was supplied to me to install once I pointed out it was missing, what else is missing?)
-Servo horn adaptors not supplied when purchased (couldn't connect servos to arms/linkages)
-Contacted RustyOne and was supplied the servo mounts and servo horn adaptors for the servos
-Attempted to run/drive the truggy but it would stall at same RPM everytime regardless of wheels on or off the ground. It would not drive faster than a crawl but revs were high compared to very slow drive speed.
-Removed engine and inspected clutch to find 1x busted bearing missing pieces and 1x bearing completely siezed. (definitely not 'NEW')
-Contacted RustyOne asking simple question, "Did you ever run the truggy you sold me in it's current configuration with the D5 engine right before I bought it?"
-I messaged RustyOne for the last time asking simple question, "Did you drive the car 'as it was' when I bought it? Yes, or no???"
-Received reply and for the third time, question was avoided and never answered.

I know it has been some time since my original purchase to now when I have finally had enough but when you pay this much money for something you expect it to work. It has taken so long to find out that it wouldn't drive as it took me time to acquire servos and Rx/Tx and other items.
I believe RustyOne is avoiding answering me as he knows the truggy was never driven in it's setup as I bought it and if it had been then hopefully I would have a truggy that works. It appears as though it was put together from pieces and never tested as working before sale. I am still left to source more parts to get this working and who knows what else I will find missing or broken once I try to drive it again.

Please, for your own benefit, if you are going to buy something from RustyOne listed near new or as new I would advise you ask him directly if it has been tested as working 100% before you buy it. If he doesn't answer you, I think that's answer enough.
You need to be fair mate,you came to my house and seen the truggy for sale and purchased it. You now complain that you’re not happy after owning it for 3 months.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh

The facts:

Why didn't you ask him all these questions when you picked it up? Assuming you had the coin in your pocket, you could have changed your mind after looking at it. Seems like you had him face to face when you purchased it. Had you done a thorough inspection of what you were buying, then surely you would have noticed the missing items.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I don't think this complaint is what the bad trades thread is about, the seller is not responsible for the buyer's unrealistic expectations. If you go and pick up an item and pay cash then it's on you to check everything before handing over the cash.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Please note, I don't want to clog up this thread with just my issue. If you wish to discuss further we can start a seperate thread elsewhere.

Originally Posted by nexxus
I don't think this complaint is what the bad trades thread is about, the seller is not responsible for the buyer's unrealistic expectations. If you go and pick up an item and pay cash then it's on you to check everything before handing over the cash.
Are you saying you would've removed the engine and clutch on site when the seller was telling you it's all fine and works great? It also didn't have servos so was I supposed to bring them with me and install them and also hook up a Tx/Rx and ask the seller to show me it driving? That sounds unrealistic to me.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

After reading the so called facts your complaint is very shallow,i don’t see anything here where it states eg. That a diff is striped or the cars bearings are all shagged or that the chassis is twisted.I’m sure you’ll now think of something after the fact.

The complaint is some minor stuff.Since you only live a few kls away Chris you could have picked up the phone and said you have issues and i would have gladly asked you to bring it back and i would have helped you in sorting it out being new to racing season.

But if it had a thrashing during your ownership then that would have been another story.
At the time I did ask you what the problem was but you never replied to the question.

After 3 months all of a sudden you come lashing out at me.You have made a fool of yourself,when there was such a simple alternative and we would not be here.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rusty_one is a great trader I have baught quite a few things from him without ever being a drama and I live three whole states away.

If He's selling somthing I need He would be on the top of my list to buy from.

Theres nothing worse than somone who complains after the sale
especiallywhen he was face to face to ask any questions...

Im sure theres enough peope here who are happy with their dealings with Rusty to see through the B/S..
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you for your support.
I would have been happy to spend time helping out this young feller getting the car dialed in and we could have taken it to the track only 2kls away and run it.
I really don’t know why he has become so aggressive as i certainly didn’t want my reputation damaged.
Thanks again
Old 08-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RustyOne
I really don’t know why he has become so aggressive as i certainly didn’t want my reputation damaged.
Thanks again
Just goes to show some ppl shouldn't own RC's of any kind and this trader rating is not all it's cracked up to be when ppl can leave bad feedback for there own silly mistakes and there's no recourse for the person getting it
Old 08-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

The complaint is some minor stuff.
The car does not drive, I would call that major as that would be it's primary function.

Since you only live a few kls away Chris you could have picked up the phone and said you have issues and i would have gladly asked you to bring it back and i would have helped you in sorting it out being new to racing season.
I bought a vehicle that wasn't supposed to need this extra work. That is the point I am making. Your help isn't required as I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, it just should not have been a problem in the first place.

But if it had a thrashing during your ownership then that would have been another story.
It hasn't been thrashed in my ownership, because it barely moves.

After 3 months all of a sudden you come lashing out at me.You have made a fool of yourself,when there was such a simple alternative and we would not be here.
Tell me about it. All I wanted to know from you was whether or not you had driven the car as-is but instead you avoided the question like the plague and here we are. If you had this to hide from me I feel that other buyers need to be aware that what they are getting may not be what they expect.

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Rusty_one is a great trader I have baught quite a few things from him without ever being a drama and I live three whole states away.
I have no doubt that you have had good trades with him. I'm simply sharing my experience which unfortunately has not been as pleasant as yours.

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Theres nothing worse than somone who complains after the sale especiallywhen he was face to face to ask any questions...
I did ask, and I was told, that I would not have a problem driving this car. Was I told it needed work? No, I was not. Was I told it has not been tested in it's current setup? No, I was not. Why would I expect a problem when everything appeared to be in very good physical condition?

I would have been happy to spend time helping out this young feller getting the car dialed in and we could have taken it to the track only 2kls away and run it.
Thanks again
The car does not need 'dialing in'. This is not an engine tuning issue, or a suspension setup that's not quite right. It simply does not drive. If the car had been attempted to be driven prior to sale, this would have been realised and fixed before I purchased it. There should have been no need for help. Instead, the for sale ad should have stated and I should have been told that this engine and car have NOT been driven together in their current configuration. And some work may be required. That's all that would have needed. Instead, I feel like I have been deceived. I don't believe I have been aggressive, I am simply trying to share my unfortunate experience and make others more careful when purchasing from John.

Originally Posted by Mugenville
Just goes to show some ppl shouldn't own RC's of any kind and this trader rating is not all it's cracked up to be when ppl can leave bad feedback for there own silly mistakes and there's no recourse for the person getting it
Please explain my own silly mistake. Was it the fact that I believed Johns word when he told me it would work? Should I have questioned everything he said even though he had 100% feedback? I left him negative feedback and he did the same to me, system seems fair.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Its 1 clutch bearing sheesh anyone who knows anything about this hobby especially when buying second hand would know one of if not the first thing to check would be the clutch bearings/springs ans shoes.
its a really easy fix and cost you 20 bucks tops if you baught decent ceramic bearings.
replaced them and be done with it.
its not anybodys fault its part and parsle with the hobby.
its really not worth complaining about and its DEFFENETLY not worth leaving Bad feed back For A good Honest Guy.
If you go and read through this thread there has been people ripped off hundreds of dollars.
Now Thats somthing to complain about..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.