Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

there is a very easy way to solve these problems, it just depends how much time you have and how much money is involved.
you have his name because you have his bank details, pop down to the local small claims court and just issue a writ, its pretty simple, they do all the leg work in finding the person and i reckon 95% of the ones we do at work pay up as soon as they get served. if you do make it to a judge they don't put up with any, and i mean _any_ bullshit, if he cant prove it was posted and signed for, if that's what you asked for, then he loses. and if he hasn't made reasonable steps to locate it, he loses. And when posting stuff its always the sender that loses as a rule anyway, so worse case scenario is... he loses.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default wrong

This is fair enough guys, but this bloke ..... Ken do no Wong....last one....

Last edited by contact; 09-19-2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: dribble
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by opposite lock
Now I am getting no response to emails.
I think I have been shafted.
I was going to get a hauler bag off him but when he did not have time to turn up were we said we would meet I did not get it, I think he said to me that his was leaving to go overseas so I hope for your sake he has not left.
Good luck with it.

Regards
Gary
Old 10-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Angry BEWARE DJ ARTICLE

HI BEWARE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT DJ ARTICLE WITH NO REPLY AFTER ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW I HAVE REALLY GOT IRRITATED
THIS IS $90 DOWN THE DRAIN

HE MADE THE EXCUSE THAT HE WENT ON HONEY MOON FOR 3 WEEKS AND DIDN'T PUT THE RIGHT ADRESS ON THE PARCEL AND IT CAME BACK I HAVE BEEN WAITINNG AND SENDING MESSAGES WITH NO REPLY
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THIS MONEY STEALER
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Contacted seller 20th re purchase. took extra day to respond to pm but Cash deposited on the 22nd and cleared 24th sept. Seller claimed computer problems and replied on the 1st saying item has been posted. Still no item on the 6th which is plenty of time for the ever efficient australia post. Maybe this is Karma for taking a few days extra to post something to another buyer on here Either way im starting to get a little bit
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Contacted seller 20th re purchase. took extra day to respond to pm but Cash deposited on the 22nd and cleared 24th sept. Seller claimed computer problems and replied on the 1st saying item has been posted. Still no item on the 6th which is plenty of time for the ever efficient australia post. Maybe this is Karma for taking a few days extra to post something to another buyer on here Either way im starting to get a little bit
who are you buying from?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

User Sikvn_27 : I recently under went a trade with him, mine being a Yokomo Brushless with lipo drifter and his a SC18 brushless rtr with a few spares, after a few Pm's and then few TXT msg for pictures of his gear the deal was struck, and Express post was agreed with both parties, I posted my package off on a Thursday morning, thinking all was good as he said he was going to do the same, Friday morning around 11 I get a text " haven't got it did you sent it" my reply was yes express post yesterday, 20 min later I recieved another txt saying it had arrived, all good following that several txt and a phone call to tell him how to set it up etc. Friday afternoon I though hey the postie has been and gone no package for me, send a message replied " my missus sent it yesterday" oh ok I'll wait til monday. Monday no package send msg no reply, tuesday no package send msg no reply, finally aftertrying to call and PM him I found another phone number on one of his Forale ads so start texting that to get short blunt answers. Then to find out over a week later that it wasn't sent Express like requested. So I contact Aust post to find out what can be done and only he can sort it out from his end , I informed him to get a reply it's lost, hey then comes up with some lame deal and has the balls to say that he is cutting his losses by offering me an SC10 plus I pay him $200 . Then accuse me of cheating him out of the deal saying that I've got it already, why would I tarnish my reputation in the Rc community over a simple trade after countless deals and trades on here.

Don't Deal with him, Sikvn_27 aka Sam gregory of the Gold Coast
Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs down unsponsored

Got ripped off by user unsponsored. As far as I know his name is Darren Kennedy of Epping Vic, which is who the parcel was sent to.

I had Tyres for sale. He wanted them. Told me he had made payment. So I sent the items (tyres) to him via express post.

So, days later, still no payment in my account. I have sent plenty of reasonable PM's to him over the last 2 weeks, and no reply. Even though I have seen he is on the forum every day.

Offered that if he can't pay for the tyres to just send them back. No reply, would prefer to steal from another RC Tech user.

The deal was really good, 10 pairs of buggy tires, brand new in packet for $80 posted. So it was bargain enough, no need to rip me off. This deal would have been much better off going to one of the other people after me to buy them. A decent racer has missed out on a good deal because of this thief.

Don't deal with this guy. Ripping people off on RC Tech sucks.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:09 AM

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by 1
Got ripped off by user unsponsored. As far as I know his name is Darren Kennedy of Epping Vic, which is who the parcel was sent to.

I had Tyres for sale. He wanted them. Told me he had made payment. So I sent the items (tyres) to him via express post.

So, days later, still no payment in my account. I have sent plenty of reasonable PM's to him over the last 2 weeks, and no reply. Even though I have seen he is on the forum every day.

Offered that if he can't pay for the tyres to just send them back. No reply, would prefer to steal from another RC Tech user.

The deal was really good, 10 pairs of buggy tires, brand new in packet for $80 posted. So it was bargain enough, no need to rip me off. This deal would have been much better off going to one of the other people after me to buy them. A decent racer has missed out on a good deal because of this thief.

You sent the item without the money in your account.....hmmmmmmm
Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1

Maybe the clever thing would have been to send the tires after the money had cleared...

Just a quick question if anyone can answer, is there any come back if this happens, for example if you have there name and address can you send the cops around there place??
Old 12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shaunv8
You sent the item without the money in your account.....hmmmmmmm
Originally Posted by Ryan86
Maybe the clever thing would have been to send the tires after the money had cleared...

Just a quick question if anyone can answer, is there any come back if this happens, for example if you have there name and address can you send the cops around there place??
The guy missed out on a B4 I was selling, felt sorry for him, so I sent it express to make up for that.

Besides, the fact is he ripped me off. If you look at it the other way around, why should anyone send money without the item in their hands? It's a matter of trust on this forum. I mean, I'm not running a shop, if I were it would be another matter.

I have received PM's from others, this thief has jacked other people in other ways. No one should deal with him.

unsponsored (Darren Kennedy of Epping Vic) also goes under the user names:
hype
assoc_driver
Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Received more PM's about this guy shafting racers.

Seriously, negative feedback needs to be given when these scams happen. So we can warn our fellow forum users.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
Received more PM's about this guy shafting racers.

Seriously, negative feedback needs to be given when these scams happen. So we can warn our fellow forum users.
Hi mate, i think from now on you should only send when you get payment.
there's not alot of honest people like urself left, too bad for the rest,

i've traded with "1" and the stuff pretty much arrives on ur doorstep right after you log off internet banking
Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kai888

i've traded with "1" and the stuff pretty much arrives on ur doorstep right after you log off internet banking
Hey buddy

Out of the 20 or so trades I did in the last month, this was the only one that went tits up. I think for the most part people are honest on this forum, and it's been a pleasure dealing with almost everyone I have sold stuff to.

People want to check that the trader has posts in club forums and is part of a club or group of friends. That will be a better sign the trade will go ok, and there will be incentive that a the shame factor will rectify the situation if something goes wrong.

From what I am hearing this guy has burnt buyers many times. He's been at this for a while. He needs to be shut down, big time.

As far as sending the stuff straight away. That's not the issue, the issue is, there's a thief/crook/scammer using this forum. No one should trade with him.

Besides, if I get to spend your money straight away, you should get to play with your purchase straight away
Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kai888

+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.