Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biggerisbetter
Well here is my 5 cents worth!!!!!

anybody beware of CAPEL, he was a member at our track...... i helped this guy out when ordering parts overseas etc..... he has ripped me off approximately $1000.00

since mid last year, i have tried numerous times to recover my money but he fails to answer my calls and never returns them. if you value your hard earned, dont send it to this guy because you wont get what you have paid for! if you get anything at all!!!!!

i dont generally get involved but would hate to see anybody else get ripped and especially him sitting back profiting from it!

Sorry old kid but the truth hurts!!! you had your chance time and time again.......

kindest regards
Justin
Justin leant me approx $900 worth of stuff and I am now paying him back what I owe him. the matter has now be resolved.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beers4evo
Yep Capel sold me a starter box before and said not one scratch, LIKE NEW etc etc when i recieved it, scratches everywhere, and missing bottom cover, plates etc etc...
then had the nerve to tell me "what do you expect for $50"
beware...
This guy is a total idiot, probably the biggest fool I have ever dealt with.
I had pics of the starter box for him to see its condition, there were minor scratches on the top from starting cars, which could be seen in the photo.
And he complained about it not having a 'bottom cover'.....The Thundertiger starter boxes dont come with a bottom cover LOL!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Mistake with Mahleenb, Was a postal error. Great to deal with.

Last edited by sheyward90; 04-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)
Default I've lost everything my money and my motor.....

Problem fixed,it was the post office guys who stock-up the stuff.

Last edited by mahleenb; 04-02-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Could you by any chance re type that so it makes sense?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

EDIT 11/03/10 : after some 1am phone call harassment threats from this individual, I've passed on all the required information to the nsw police who have advised I should remove any posts with the user's personal details (other than online handle) and report anything else back to them.

Last edited by vikingen; 03-10-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: no personal info
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up Capel

Just bought a Losi 2.0 Buggy from Capel.

No problems at all. It even turned up with some wheels and tyres that I didn't expect.

Good seller as far as I'm concernd.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Capel

I have purchased a brushless combo from Capel. So far he has replied to my PMs very quickly. As soon as it arrives I will leave him positive feedback and post up here

Item came as promised no problems here thankyou

Last edited by RCMADMAN; 03-18-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: happy
Old 04-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin
Hey Guys,

Really unhappy I have to post in this section of these fantastic forums.

I paid "Team Furious" aka Brad Byrnes for all the items in this thread at the end of December 09 (30/12/09):

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...brushless.html

But I have not received anything nor have I received any communication from him since the 30/12/09.

I know he lives in Townsville, and he has raced 1/10th Electric Off Road and maybe on road electric in the Mini classes, if anyone knows him, please tell him I would really like my money back or the items I originally paid for.

Although I am not holding my breath as he apparently owes quite a few people money. I do not know what my rights are legally regarding this but if I don't hear something from him soon I will have to go see a legal aid as this sort of thing is just not on.

Just in case he has signed up to these forums under another alias, the bank details he provided to me were:

It really upsets me as I think the For Sale/Trade section is a brilliant way for people that are not able to pay full retail for cars to get into competitive racing and this sort of action really makes it hard to trust people.

My mobile number is 0430 058 531 and my email address is [email protected]

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Ben
ben you recived package as i way away and i mis informed my mrs about it and the parcel wasetn sent but you now have it all and even extra gear i didnt advertise im not a bad seller just didnt send package for a few weeks hope all the gear is doing you well

Last edited by contact; 06-30-2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: others private details
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default Capel

I bought some lipos from Capel. They were advertised as "in very good nic". I also paid an extra $5 to cover registered post. The lipos took 10 days to get here, they WERE NOT sent registered post as requested and agreed and the wires had splits in the insulation that I'm amazed never shorted them. They do hold charge as they should and they are usable after I pulled the plugs off and heatshrinked the wires individually, which ulitmately makes them harder to use because the wires don't bend as they should.

He claims that the breakage in the wires wasn't noticed by him. I would think it's something you'd check before advertising them.

Also, there was never any offer to refund the extra money I paid for registered post.

I only bought from Capel after the positive comments on this thread. I post this now so that prospective buyers go in with their eyes open.

What I can't beleive is that those that had negative dealings with Capel, didn't give him negative feedback for all to read?????
Old 04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default CRAIG.A.GEORGE aka: 'FLASHGORDON' ripped me off!!!!

Beware of this guy. I posted a wanted thread for some lipo's 2 weeks before the vintage meet at Castle Hill 24-25th April.

Craig replied via PM with an offer to sell me 3 lipo's that I was after. Emails were exchanged and pics were sent to me of the 3x IP lipo stick packs.

The same day (13/4/2010) I went to the ERINA Commonwealth branch and deposited $170 into Craigs account over the counter.

The agreement was for EXPRESS postage so I could have batteries well and truly before the meeting but sadly there was no sign of the batteries from Craig before the meeting. Im still waiting and some 2 and 1/2 weeks later still nothing.

After obtaining this guys mobile number from a very helpful member here I have called only to get voice mail each time. Numerous messages and text messages have been left or sent with only one reply. Says he needed my address again.

So now its Friday 30/4/2010 and still no EXPRESS parcel. Ive lost any hope of getting the batteries now and have sent him another message asking for a refund.

This guy is completely spineless. doesnt answer or reply to my calls, emails, PM's or messages.

I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

After chasing down this turkey the batteries finaly arrived today via EXPRESS almost 3 weeks after he'd agree to post them. I'll never ever deal with him again!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Renault_Tech

do not buy from this trader as he does not send the items. i have been trying to get in contact with him for a long time now about a setup station i bought of him and he never sent it. he told me he was overseas and would get his brother to send it that was 3 months ago. he asked me if i wanted my money back so i told him yes and he never refunded it. this guy is a thief.:flaming :
Old 06-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well you can add this guy to the list
NIGHTWOLF
Known in the real world asEDDY MILLER

Last edited by Mugenville; 06-25-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.