Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hold the popcorn, I'm temporally closing this thread until I hear back from Marcos J. about all this bickering.

Once I hear back, I will re-open.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy
Hold the popcorn, I'm temporally closing this thread until I hear back from Marcos J. about all this bickering.

Snowy if this bickering doesnt stop let me know and I will ban the ones involved for atleast 30 days
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thread is now re-opened.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hey mods can we please delete all these bickering posts so this thread can be viewed without having to troll through all that rubbish.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Spektrum receicers

Last edited by bk2racer; 03-15-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

How about contacting user directly or your credit card company or paypal if you used them. This is a forum to advise users of people to avoid trading with. It is not an area for people to argue.

Originally Posted by bk2racer
Marcos and snowy, not trying to cause trouble I just want my receivers or money back. The member doesnt reply to pm's so apart from posting in the thread I bought from (which is closed) or this thread wat are my other options??

Cheers,

Rob Thomas
Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Last edited by bk2racer; 03-15-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Well if you dont have contact details of seller and have deposited directly to their account you are kinda leaving yourself open to being screwed over. Always pay via credit card and through paypal. Then at least you have two recourses when things do go wrong.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If they dont have paypal you have no choice but, direct deposit.
Yes it would be nice to live i a perfect world. Leigh

PS , i see you where one of the ones who stuckup for scott kirchner while he ripped of members here.

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Well if you dont have contact details of seller and have deposited directly to their account you are kinda leaving yourself open to being screwed over. Always pay via credit card and through paypal. Then at least you have two recourses when things do go wrong.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by leebrushless
If they dont have paypal you have no choice but, direct deposit.
Yes it would be nice to live i a perfect world. Leigh

PS , i see you where one of the ones who stuckup for scott kirchner while he ripped of members here.
You do have a choice NOT to buy from them. You have a choice to accept the risk or not and no one forces you to buy from ppl. If you choose to go ahead with a risky transaction and not protect yourself then that is your fault and you live the consequences. It is not RC techs role to protect you it is yours. All I said about scott k was that all my dealings with him were good. Has sweet fa bearing on future dealings really.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Let all stop talking about this matter and let bk2racer get his money back

I don't know any of these guys ....but I know that bk2racer. Need his money back, can't believe no one here is supporting him so he can get his money back..

And assoc-driver IP should be ban for try to fraud bk2racer... Very simple..

You do have a choice NOT to buy from them. You have a choice to accept the risk or not and no one forces you to buy from ppl. If you choose to go ahead with a risky transaction and not protect yourself then that is your fault and you live the consequences. It is not RC techs role to protect you it is yours. All I said about scott k was that all my dealings with him were good. Has sweet fa bearing on future dealings really.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mintie
Let all stop talking about this matter and let bk2racer get his money back

I don't know any of these guys ....but I know that bk2racer. Need his money back, can't believe no one here is supporting him so he can get his money back..

And assoc-driver IP should be ban for try to fraud bk2racer... Very simple..
+1
I can't believe the arrogance of the prick, not even denying anything but just saying, "tough shit"

happened to me a few years back when purchasing a charger from an USA forum,
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy

Hi Snowy
Have you deleted posts regarding the dealings between Bk2racer and ae racer(or whoever)
If you have, I believe that to be the wrong decision, not only for this example but it hides the lesson which should be learnt by newcomers to this forum,
from my admittedly one sided view point I think that aeracer should feel ashamed of himself, but probably doesn't have the brain cells to feel remorse,
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

This thread rules look pretty simple to me. Dont get me wrong I feel for anyone that gets screwed. It is bad for this site, bad for the hobby as well as those involved. There are a few simple rules so you dont end up being pooched.

1. Never bank deposit, Paypal only and dont believe the bs oh no paypal account. It takes 5 mins to setup!
2. Always use credit card as source of funds for paypal so you have both to help you.
3. Get a landline contact number and confirm persons details
4. Get person to email pics of goods with username in pic written on paper. Confirms user actually has goods.
5. If in any doubt bail out.
6. No trader rating dont buy from or pickup only.

Anyone have any further tips so you dont get ripped off?

Originally Posted by contact
make concise non-personal posts regarding bad trades... this means no he said / she said epics or cat fights no profanities just a simple "this person needs to get their house in order ... beware" will suffice

remove your post if the trade is made right

and finally if you pay and your goods dont arrive within 24hrs cut some slack... its entirely reasonable that a trade may take a week or (heaven forbid) two to conclude BEFORE you panic.

posts out side these common sense rules will be deleted

with the additional features of trader feedback 'epics' will be deleted...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

This thread rules look pretty simple to me. Dont get me wrong I feel for anyone that gets screwed. It is bad for this site, bad for the hobby as well as those involved. There are a few simple rules so you dont end up being pooched.

1. Never bank deposit, Paypal only and dont believe the bs oh no paypal account. It takes 5 mins to setup!
2. Always use credit card as source of funds for paypal so you have both to help you.
3. Get a landline contact number and confirm persons details
4. Get person to email pics of goods with username in pic written on paper. Confirms user actually has goods.
5. If in any doubt bail out.
6. No trader rating dont buy from or pickup only.

Anyone have any further tips so you dont get ripped off?
I agree with this 110%, If someone won't take Paypal, I won't bite I don't care if their trader rating is 1 million! Paypal you at least have some recourse if s#it hits the fan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.