Search
Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by leebrushless
Wouldn't it be concidered MISSLEADING to post a photo in the for sale section then send something differant. The assumption is, the photo is of the item you are buying(what they are selling) not a "look a like" or "for diplay purpose only"
Its the SELLERS RESPONSABILITY to accuratly describe what they are selling.

You seem to like to stick up for the dudders, sharks & other questionable traders on here, any particular reason? SCOTTK is a good example. Leigh
You need to read a few more of the posts I have made over the past however many years, I've got no problem having a go at someone if it's justified.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The seller should specify whats NOT INCLUDED if they are posting photos with extras.
I have noticed in the rc hobby it seems people are reluctent to post phots of what they are selling "as is" but use photos with heaps of bits you wont get, is it just there to lazy to take a new photo? Leigh

Originally Posted by Suteki
I'm of the opinion that the seller does state you will receive a 10.5 brushless motor; it doesn't specifically qualify what brand however, the assumption that it's a combo would be just that, an assumption. However that doesn't change the fact that neither of those motors received matches the description.

So yeh, either the seller made a mistake and sent the wrong motor or made a mistake in the description.

I would accept either a partial refund or for a 10.5 turn motor from the seller with a return of the motor that was originally sent.

Not necessarily. People post their items for sale all the time in race trim (all electronics on board) but state that it will be provided as a roller only with no electronics. If you do post a pic I would be sure to post everything that will be included and be very specific about what will NOT be provided that is in the picture to avoid confusion. Just because it's in the picture I don't think it's safe to assume that's exactly what you are getting unless the seller has purposefully implied that everything in the picture is what will be provided.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool !

"Race trim" looks better, it's in the best interest of the seller to make the item look as good as possible to show potential of the item, have you ever bought a burger from macca's that looks like the display picture?
That being said, when you compare the two, all the items pictured are what you are purchasing with macca's, and are stated as such.

In this situation, the combo is not an assumption, but written fact, and the item pictured if indeed is a 10.5 turn motor, should be the motor sold with the vehicle, as the ad states a 10.5 turn motor is included and NOT the 13.5 turn motor provided.

The purchase of any item, be it private or retail, is still subject to similar laws, and is governed by the same people. If you are not happy with your purchase, be it by misleading terms, or faulty products, that are NOT clearly stated as such, you are entitled to do something about it, be it return and refund, exchange of items, or many other enforceable options that are available. (this goes for most anything you may purchase, in almost all circumstances)

Ensure that you research your options, and make them available to the seller, and always get complete contact details prior to any transaction, for the term "the customer is always right" is not just a myth.

There's my 2 cents!!...
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

actually I think the phrase çaveat emptor' is applicable in the sale of second hand goods, but that doesn't excuse a moral obligation on the behalf of the seller.

Key thing though is if in doubt ask, make no assumptions.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool Çaveat emptor

Before statutory law, that term had some meaning.

In this day and age, (and for quite some time now, maybe since the last latin king lol) we've had laws to prevent sale of defective items without clear stipulation of the items defects.

Don't just trust what you read or hear, this information is free to obtain from the right authorities, and I implore that all should learn it!

And yes, absolutely right, ask lots of questions, and assume nothing! Morallity seems to be obscure in much of the population today, and it's a shame.

Last edited by MillionDlrBil; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
rant

Just a bit of background on Scott. Scott Kirchner had a near perfect feedback score with many, many transactions, he's been around the forums for a very long time and his reputation was flawless until late last year.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=26307

From what I can tell, Scott Kirchner has a excellent race history, plenty of his racing results under his belt, pics of his podium finishes can be found online. He's not only raced within Australia but also internationally...he was rising star, so he's fairly well known amongst the racing community. He regularly got to play with various kits and normally these kits would eventually make it here on the for sale forum.

My point here is... it can happen to anyone, perfect feedback score or not. I'll recommend everyone to not solely rely on the feedback system and take your sweet time before handing over the hard earned cash no matter how good of a deal it maybe.

IMHO Scott Kirchner hit some hard times and was in desperate need of a quick $, in this case $$$$. Again, this is IMHO...

Scott, if you're reading this... I shake my head...

/end rant
he lives at home with he s parents and has no kids or responsorblities.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default HQH

Well looks like I've been done, HQH had a whole bunch of stuff on sale last week, I replied in thread to say I'd grab the lot and confirmed by PM, exchanged emails etc, and arranged that I'd pay for the electric rc and radio gear now, and the IC in a week or so. HQH said he'd post promptly and I advised I'd cover postage costs, as I can email prepaid click and send shipping labels paid for this end.

So $480 was to be paid, I then received notification he'd shipped them COD, just postage COD (ie $110-$120 postage I have to cop my end!) a far cry from the $13.25 * 3 the prepaid labels would have been.

Ended up paying $460 by Paypal (got $20 off for COD fees), only to be told he'd forgotten to send the transponder and would post it, no probs, that actually arrived. It was after this that pics came through (should have asked first I know) the radio is listed in his for sale thread as if it's a 3pk, ends up it's an old 3pj and the other radios are not fm as stated, apparantly they are am)

The next day I went to make arrangements to pay for the IC car and was advised he'd sold it from under me at the rc club, so I have paid $300 for one car and not $500 for the two I clearly stated I wanted from day dot.

As it stands, I have a transponder, and nothing else. The COD items have not shown, Aus Post can't track them, I'm out $460 Paypal (well I do have a transponder to show for it) and if and when these items ever do arrive, it'll cost me $100-$105 to collect them. If I was going to pay $100 for postage courier I'd at least have arranged an overnight courier or something so I'd have them over the weekend. Not impressed to say the least, emails have not had replies since Thursday (when he advised he'd sold the IC car from under me)
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Where do you go from here nexxus?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

Oh snap! Welcome to the 'other' side Brad

Did you the unthinkable and gift the paypal payment?

Karma will definitely sort him out...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well after coughing up $108.15 to Australia Post I took possession of the boxes, have only had a chance to open one (work etc) but it's not pretty, these items have not been well looked after, the JR radio is heavily faded, no antenna, no crystals, the Futaba 29mhz AM has no bottom battery door or Antenna and the receiver looks like it's been run over.

Figure I will salvage what I can, document and take pics and go from there.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Wow. What an asshat!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

$108 postage? You serious? I sent a 12" subwoofer to Melb for a third of that How do they figure $108?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Suteki
$108 postage? You serious? I sent a 12" subwoofer to Melb for a third of that How do they figure $108?
Because it's been sent COD. It's always really expensive. I think it's to cover in case they need to send it back. I'm not really sure though.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yep, really though I figured the best thing I can do is cut my losses, I at least got something, when some people pay out and get nothing at all. Bunch of it is now in my kid's toybox, anything new to a 2 yr old is interesting, and he was hyped about all these new (used) tyres all night, sort of added a new perspective to it. I could push the point, demand a refund, send it back and wait and wait and wait, but it's just not worth the hassle or the bad mood that comes with it.

As Trin said, Karma....
Old 03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just send it all back and get your money back from paypal or go to your bank. ANZ takes good care of you, if you paid via paypal connected to your bank/credit account.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.