Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah i know i should. But lets see what he has actually send me.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by holechit
I've been trying to stay off this post but I too am still waiting for a full refund or my MP9TKI2 from ScottK (over three months now). He has also made the same promises time and time again but never follows through. I too hope that Scott will make these bad deals right. That's also why I have not posted negative feedback. He is making it very difficult though. I believe he is now staying off the forum to avoid all the negative pressure. It’s just not right!

Let me start a list of the bad trades/purchases that Scott currently has outstanding. Send me a private message with your name (R/C Tech name), item and date payment was sent. I will add it to the list below. We need to start this list to capture all the outstanding deals Scott has going. Does anyone have Scott's cell phone number? I know there are many people on this forum that know & race with Scott and that might have his contact information. I want to keep this civil/clean and not sling a bunch of mud. I just want this to be right...

Outstanding Items:
1) holechit, MP9 TKI2, Payment date 10/18/11, $500
2) wizzer111, RC8.2, Payment date 7/10/11, $450
4) juice1, tire lot, payment date 10/26/11, $606
5) TRiN, M11x + 2 servos, payment date 10/30/11, $400
6)
It's time for an update. Does anyone have any new information? Here's what I've learned. Scott has turned off his cell phone and cancelled his Facebook. He has also stopped all communication with respect to resolving these outstanding issues. I'm now putting together a report with the local authorities so this can be handled appropriately.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Scott Kirchner

Last edited by TRiN; 05-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
rant

Just a bit of background on Scott. Scott Kirchner had a near perfect feedback score with many, many transactions, he's been around the forums for a very long time and his reputation was flawless until late last year.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=26307

From what I can tell, Scott Kirchner has a excellent race history, plenty of his racing results under his belt, pics of his podium finishes can be found online. He's not only raced within Australia but also internationally...he was rising star, so he's fairly well known amongst the racing community. He regularly got to play with various kits and normally these kits would eventually make it here on the for sale forum.

My point here is... it can happen to anyone, perfect feedback score or not. I'll recommend everyone to not solely rely on the feedback system and take your sweet time before handing over the hard earned cash no matter how good of a deal it maybe.

IMHO Scott Kirchner hit some hard times and was in desperate need of a quick $, in this case $$$$. Again, this is IMHO...

Scott, if you're reading this... I shake my head...

/end rant
Feedback rating is one tool at your disposal, but generally it should be considered safer to deal with someone with dozens of perfect feedbacks than one with only one or two or with a history of bad feedback.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nexxus
Feedback rating is one tool at your disposal, but generally it should be considered safer to deal with someone with dozens of perfect feedbacks than one with only one or two or with a history of bad feedback.
Oh yes definitely, you've iterated this many times... though it's something I no longer bother with after this incident... I'll rely on my other instincts.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRiN
Oh yes definitely, you've iterated this many times... though it's something I no longer bother with after this incident... I'll rely on my other instincts.
Well it's only natural that someone with a low feedback rating will argue against being judged on that rating. But everyone has to start at 0.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wink

Originally Posted by nexxus
Well it's only natural that someone with a low feedback rating will argue against being judged on that rating. But everyone has to start at 0.
I've got a rating of 1, please be kind
Old 02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Zangetsu
if its not then i will offer you $20 refound for the damged or missing parts as it was me who pack it not my hubby
ok where do i start. Maybe ill start here:

uesd Associated TC4 Electric 1/10 Onroad Touring Car;
with all the alloy ugrades $120 Posted
Bonus offer both cars comes with brushless combos
and one nanotech 2s lipos batteries each

that's what you posted in the forum.

nowhere did it mention the following:

- no motor mount
- missing battery strap
- servo lead cut
- tip of hex / alan key broken off, in grubscrew on pinion gear on supplied motor.
- servo steering arm broken
- no body clips
- puffy LIPO battery (and sent by air)

There is no way that this car is operational from when you shipped this. not to mention the fact that you only shipped it 2 weeks ago, rather then 1 month ago when you said you shipped it, and not to mention constantly lying about it being sent, and stuck because of floods.

now in light of all this. what im going to offer is the following.

ill pay for return shipping, and you will refund the money. but this time, ill send it when i say i have sent it, rather then 3 weeks later.

this just isnt acceptable. Now i understand that this is second hand. the least you could do, was:

1: clean the car before you post it. I don't
want QLD spiderwebs here in WA.

2: clearly state that the car has some minor damage, and is missing VITAL parts to have it running.

so, i will send this off to you on monday.

the ball is now in your court.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaemiem
so, i will send this off to you on monday.

the ball is now in your court.
Trust me on this, DO NOT send it back until you have a refund. I have a mate that tried to buy stuff off this idiot and I'm not sure if he even has the refund yet. That was months ago. All Mickie does is constantly lie.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Some people should not be let anywhere near an RC vehicle!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RatsacK
Trust me on this, DO NOT send it back until you have a refund. I have a mate that tried to buy stuff off this idiot and I'm not sure if he even has the refund yet. That was months ago. All Mickie does is constantly lie.
I agree. In my case, I'd considered sending my helicopter back to Lismore NSW but thought better of it. Knowing Nathan as I do now, he would have hung on to both my money AND the helicopter. He'd probably sell it a second time
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

jaimiem i feel for you, that is exactly what he (or his split personality) did to me! Just keep persisting with him or her but i wouldnt send it back till he gives you a refund! He will probably tell you though it is going to take 5-7 days for his money to transfer into his paypal account! thats what he said to me!

good luck!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just another update the $20 that zangetsu sent me through paypay was cancelled so they still owe me $20 and an explaination as to why they cancelled it!

So dont send them anything untill you get your money in your account!

zangetsu what r u doing?>
Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Talk about some horror stories
Old 02-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

word of advice do not send money through paypal mark as a gift! the reason being is that if you need to dispute the claim you cant because it was a gift not goods or services!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.