Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Topic Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Is it possible to have a digital channel selector for the Spectra 3D?
Old 12-20-2001, 04:53 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you mean Digital pots versus the dials on the spectra now?

Gary F.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think he means a digital readout for the channel that you are on instead of the markings on the decal.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:39 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think it would be possible, but you would add a lot to the price and would also be harder on the batteries...

LCD's uses less current than LED, but cost a lot more....
Old 12-25-2001, 08:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Gary Fliegel
Do you mean Digital pots versus the dials on the spectra now?

Gary F.
Sorry Guys,

Got all "wrapped up" with the holidays. (Happy Holidays Everyone!!! )
Yup, thats what I'm talkin about. I'm not an electrical engineer so pardon my lack of lingo. I understand that it'll cost more, especially with a LCD readout (maybe timed to turn on with a touch?) but the 3D is a great bargin as it is.

What'cha think?

BTW, I'm not trying to brown nose or anything but the 3D is such a fine transmitter that I permantly shelved the 3PJ. Sooo much easier to use.

Last edited by raysinfast; 12-25-2001 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2001, 02:34 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think the dials are fine, personally. I have both the xxtra and spectra ( as of yest ) and really like the way it is. We all know the saying "Don't fix it if it aint broke" ...but i also think "cooler is better" ..

The thing i don't like.. Is removing it to change the channel. Thats what takes the most time, removing the spectra.
Old 12-26-2001, 04:53 PM
Company Representative

TSR6:

You can make a notch where the pots are located on the radio...

Then you don't have to remove the module to change the channel....

Just an idea...
Old 12-26-2001, 05:37 PM
Company Representative

Raysin, It would probably make the radio very expensive. You have seen the KO speedo with all that whizzy SMT stuff and it runs almost $200. Would you be willing to pay $200 just for the spectra? Most ppl won't so I don't think we will be changing the spectra anytime soon.

As for removing the spectra module from your radio, just do what I have done. Get one of RPM's futaba module clips for it. Its a perfect fit and you don't have the hassle of trying to push in those little side tabs.

I hope everyone had a great X-mas!!! TTYL.

Gary F.

PS look for me at the ROAR mod nats in Tx and the ROAR Gas nats in Miami. Its gonna be a great year!!
Old 01-04-2002, 02:36 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Tres
TSR6:

You can make a notch where the pots are located on the radio...

Then you don't have to remove the module to change the channel....

Just an idea...
Yeah, I'm not all for cutting up my radio though Thanks anyways

Gary - I'll look into the clips. It was never a problem before, but now that i have a new spectra the clips arent as flexible..

edit - Gary... do you have a part number? I surfed the website, and didn't find it, tower and horzon searches didn't come up with anything.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

My Lynx3D battery only charges to 10.4v. is this normal? I was thinking about dischargeing it, then peaking it at about .5A. What discharege rate do you reccomend? I don't think .5A is too fast for a 600mah pack so i should be fine in that aspect.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Company Representative

I mainly charge AA's at 1A rate and discharge them at around .5 A.....

I rarely use the charge jack, I take them out and charge them with a Hitec CG-335 charger at 1 A....

The charge jack does have a diode for reverse voltage protection, so you would have a small voltage drop when using it around .7 of a volt....

Hope this helps....
Old 01-11-2002, 06:50 AM
Company Representative

Hey Hey!! I do the opposite of tres, I charge at .5 and discharge at 1.0. I find that the slower charge rate puts more juice into the cells. I usually get 2 hours + of radio time before I start to beep. As is with all nicads, if you can cycle them every once in a while you'll prolong the life of them. Mine are 2 years old now and are still solid, I make 60 min gas mains with them no prob. If you go to discharge the nicads tho, DON'T use the radio as the discharger, take them out of the radio and discharge them. You may damage the radio if you turn it on and let it run dead. TTYL.

Gary F, Team Hitec.

PS tres how did you get that whizzy avatar?? Email it to me if you wouldn't mind. Me a computer dummy, LOL!!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:54 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Gary Fliegel
PS tres how did you get that whizzy avatar?? Email it to me if you wouldn't mind. Me a computer dummy, LOL!!
Gary - Right click the image, "Save as" Save it somewhere you can find it, then goto your Avatar profile, and upload the image there
Old 01-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Company Representative

Now aint that something, LOL. Thanks Troy!!
Old 01-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, i ran it till it beeped, then i took it out, gave it a real quick 2A discharge (took 30 sec. to fully discharge, and the connector was the only thing that heated up), and charged at .5A, and guess what? 11.4V. 1 volt more than before, which should equate to another 20min. or so of run-time. I would have probally done this sooner, but the lynx3D manual says to only occaisionally peak-charge them. Well, off to get some .5 amp bulbs and make a discharge for my 3D and my micro )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.