Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec Rebuild - Trade Ins?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hitec Rebuild - Trade Ins?

Does Hitec have a replacement/ rebuild policy for worn out servos like Novak has for their products?

I'd like to send in some servos and have them rebuilt or refreshed this winter - or even get credit on buying new rebuilt products?

thanks
bill
Old 10-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Company Representative

We will typically repair or replace servos that are not working at no charge but worn gears are not covered. If by chance something is beyond repair we will offer you a replacement at a reduced cost.

Mike.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Great answer

Thanks for the return answer
that's why I buy your stuff
bill
Old 10-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Rookie

I use nothing but hitec servos. They work great and hitec is an awesome company. They have had the best customer service I have ever had to deal with.

I purchased 2 extra gear sets and replace them myself if they get worn (only happened once).

I also had two servos in the last 2 years have problems where they stopped working. These are the $89 digital high speed servos. I sent them to hitec and within 2 weeks of my shipping, I received two brand new identical servos at NO COST.

I will always buy hitec for now on. I also bought a used Lynx 3d and called customer service, they sent me an brand new instruction manual for free.

GOTTA LOVE HITEC!!

I am not employed or in any way associated with hitec, except that I am a happy customer and willing to use word of mouth advertising for the awesome service I have received from the company.

rgross98
Old 11-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Company Representative

Old 11-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Mike,

Any chance you guys still have some HS-605BB lying about? I realize they are no longer made but I really like them for my buggy. I just had one go out on me tonight and had to put my last spare in. I have no more left. Unfortunately I did not buy them from a shop so I have no receipt for them. If they are still able to be sent in for repair/replacement, let me know what I need to do. The one I currently have in my buggy is brand new but bought off ebay. I had set them up with the metal gear conversion. Gears appeared fine on the one that just went out, thinking it is the switch, for lack of better description for the motor seems fine.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Company Representative

Sorry, no more 605's here. If you want to send in your's we can check them out. They have a $14 per servo flat rate repair fee so if it cant be repaired it will be replaced with a comperable servo.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by BRENDAN LUGO
Sorry, no more 605's here. If you want to send in your's we can check them out. They have a $14 per servo flat rate repair fee so if it cant be repaired it will be replaced with a comperable servo.
I will keep that in mind. I found someone that happens to have a stash of new ones online and waiting to hear back from him as to how much he wants for them. That does sound like a reasonable price. Any idea what would be a comparable current servo to the ones I have? Thanks for replying.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rgross98
I use nothing but hitec servos. They work great and hitec is an awesome company. They have had the best customer service I have ever had to deal with.

I purchased 2 extra gear sets and replace them myself if they get worn (only happened once).

I also had two servos in the last 2 years have problems where they stopped working. These are the $89 digital high speed servos. I sent them to hitec and within 2 weeks of my shipping, I received two brand new identical servos at NO COST.

I will always buy hitec for now on. I also bought a used Lynx 3d and called customer service, they sent me an brand new instruction manual for free.

GOTTA LOVE HITEC!!

I am not employed or in any way associated with hitec, except that I am a happy customer and willing to use word of mouth advertising for the awesome service I have received from the company.

rgross98
You must be one of the only few people which think this way. I think that Hitec servos and all there radio gear is crap. The only radio gear I would use is KO or Futaba. I have had 4 hitec servos fail in the last 18 months they have all been fix or replaced with brand new ones by hitec.

You may think that is good but if a servo fails it could potential destroy an entire car. I have seen it happen. Getting a servo fixed that shouldn't have broken in the first place is a joke.

I have futaba servos which are 8 years old then have had 6 years of fortnightly use are still work fine. One of my mates has is using a 12 year old KO servo which has been in and out of more cars then I have every owned.

Stick with KO of Futaba and you want need to send it back to get fixed... or possible destroy your car.

ps I'm an electrical engineer and I can't believe that these products are being build and can't stand up the task they were design for. Espicaly when others clearly can.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

I feel the same way as rgross98. I use all Hitec gear in my cars planes. boats, and helicopters. All have perfromed perfect for the last 7 years I have been in R/C. I have broke a few items from extreme crashes but nothing unexpected.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Company Representative

Originally posted by Yeti35
I will keep that in mind. I found someone that happens to have a stash of new ones online and waiting to hear back from him as to how much he wants for them. That does sound like a reasonable price. Any idea what would be a comparable current servo to the ones I have? Thanks for replying.
It would probably be the HS-635HB.