Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aggressor SRX weird probs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Aggressor SRX weird probs.

Hi guys this is a small but irritating problem. I have a Hitec aggressor SRX 40mhz unit bought second had and very please with it too. There is one small problem im having that is, when I turn on the Rx dosnt see the TX signal . At least not every time. Presuming I have to turn the TX on first as I always have with oter radios I do this then turn on the car the RX is very iffy on picking up the signal. Repeating this may or may not lock on. As an engineer ive seen some weird things but this takes the biscuit.
Using the Hitec HFS-03mm receiver its realy bad needing maybe 10 + trys,but ive also got an Ansmann 3 channel FM receiver and although this dose suffer the same its not much at all. In both cases once the receiver is coupled with the TX it runs faultlessly. I tested this just yesterday in a new model. I used the hictec RX and it was a pig to get hooked up,but once locked it was glitch free for the hole run. Distance was no problem,my eyesight resricted me before the signal.
Im confused? I use the Ansmann rx for racing just for the covenience but would love to know why its doing this or what im doing wrong please?
Its a pleasure to drive with this unit and my laptimes show this so would be great if we could find a solution.
I also had a problem resently with a high channel crystal not runing. 40.915 I think. The unit would lock on very close (inches) but as you moved away (2feet) no signal,I sent these back as I ordered two pairs and the low channel 40.665 worked great so presumed them to be faulty.Maybe a connection?
Regards Paul.
SW. UK.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I guess my problem is real weird then if you guys havent a clue?
No one has any ideas?
How about I sell it and buy a futaba?