Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiplex Profi car 707 radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hmmmmm....I'll take a look at the manual and let you know if it can be done. I've never used the radio on anything but 75 fm. With the XXtra I've never run into channel problems. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Evoracer I had my shop order the 707 version with the built in synthesized module. I little pricey but thats ok. I also have a servo coming and a picco 3/4 receiver as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, here's the lowdown.
The Profi radios are only available in 40/41mhz and 75mhz. NO 27mhz is available.

All 3 models have the synthesized module which simply allows you to change from am to fm/fm to am without changing modules. The crystals must still be appropriate for am or fm.

Personally, this isn't of much importance. In the US, most of our higher level radios are FM. But, if you find yourself in a pinch and only have an AM receiver available, at least you can still run.....assuming you have the right crystals !! Not a big selling point for me.

I have heard that Multi is working on and has already developed a prototype FULLY synthesized(like the novak switch) module. I have a feeling it won't be to long before we see it considering they are just releasing the synthesized receiver.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

The one I ordered the 707 version is synthesized. It is 364 bucks and is not in stock right now. Good as I have time to sell my other radio. Now the hobby shops program says it is a 701 but it might be a misprint. I also ordered a new receiver and servo from Multiplex.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Wyd, just so there's no confusion ......just what are they calling "synthesized" ?? I just want to make sure you're not expecting a fully synthesized unit that will allow you to change channels like the Novak Switch does for the M8. Or are they now shipping the radios with the synthesized receiver option??
Old 02-03-2004, 05:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Evoracer
Wyd, just so there's no confusion ......just what are they calling "synthesized" ?? I just want to make sure you're not expecting a fully synthesized unit that will allow you to change channels like the Novak Switch does for the M8. Or are they now shipping the radios with the synthesized receiver option??
No they now show one that can be on any 75 band channel now on the new Horizon Dealers software. It will be like the synthesized setup like my Hitec has and the Airtronics with the Novak Switch module. That is why the version with out the receiver I bought actaully cost more than the one that comes with a receiver. I already have their M-5 synthesized receivers on backorder now. I also have their top of the line digital servo coming in this week plus a buddy on RC Tech I know has one and is shipping it to my house as well.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have four of these sweet teal green Multiplex Profi radios and so far I haven't found anything that would tempt me to change. I have two 403 and two 301 models. Three are on 75mhz while one is on 40mhz. The 40mhz model is useless to me as crystals are just not available in Canada or the USA and dealing with the people in Germany is a futile excercise. Anyone want a 301 transmitter with the 40mhz module for cheap?

These transmitters are very light weight, partly due to the fact that they use a 6-cell NiCad pack. I use the tiny Multiplex DC charger to keep my transmitter battery always at peak voltage and so far this has proven 100% reliable. Using a normal AC wall charger to charge your transmitter is not advised.

This transmitter uses ONLY the Multiplex transmitter crystals. Multiplex used to sell the crystals seperately or in matched pairs, but now that Hitec have bought our Multiplex, crystals cannot be purchased on their own. Hitec want you to send in your transmitter so that they may do the channel change for you. Seems odd to me but that's what I was told when I phoned Hitec.

Using the Multiplex transmitter crystals, this radio is able to transmit signals in both AM and FM all from the same transmitter and same crystal. In AM mode it is compatible with ALL brands of AM receivers. Just use the proper brand crystal in your receiver. In other words, use a Futaba AM crystal in your Futaba receiver, etc...

In FM mode, these transmitters are compatible with Airtronics, Sanwa, KO, JR and of course Multiplex FM receivers. I have also used the Novak Mercury, Novak XXL, Novak Xxtra and also the new Hitec HFS-03MM Universal FM receiver. I use the Airtronics single conversion FM receiver crystals with the Novak and Hitec receivers mentioned and everything worked flawlessly.

These radios are now hard to find used let alone new. I have seen a few on eBay, but that's about all. If anyone want the 301 model with nicad, box and instructions for a decent price, send me an email.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 02-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Can anybody from Hitec comment on the availability of TX crystals as SteveM mentioned below?

I can't believe I would have to send my radio somewhere to have the TX crystal change
Old 02-03-2004, 09:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

On the Multiplex website (thru Hitec) they give part numbers for crystals. My shop is going to get me a price on them

Stephen that is some great inof you gave me. Evoracer has also been very helpful to me. This is one cool radio and weighs next to nothing. My darn left elbow hurts now more than ever since I just feel on my ass today in the ice and snow we have and smacked my bad elbow. I can't win with that thing right now.

I'm really hoping to have my new radio in a few weeks. Time will tell but I'm very excited to get one. I have had most of the good ones out from Hitecs (Lynx3d, CRX, Airtronics M8, JR 756, KO Mars, and Futaba 3PJ. They all worked well but I think this Multiplex will be the top one for me.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Steve, How are you !? Hitec actually wants us to send our TX in to do what?? I didn't get that. Are they saying if we want to have multiple channels and multiple crystals...they have to do something???
Hey Wyd...all synthesized !!! Yeah Baby !!Like I said earlier, I had heard there was a working prototype but I didn't know it was already being released. The current Multiplex link from the Hitec site seems to be a bit outdated.
BTW...this radio can be taken apart very easily and the case can be painted in plain colors or , because of that rather flat top surface, custom paintjobs can be done. I have a friend who did the base color in Black and then did a flame job on the top surface. It looks very cool.

Wyd, is there someway to see the listing for the new synth version?? You mentioned it was only available on a dealers list.

Steve, I guess I was wrong.....Do you mean I could transmit on AM even if I have an FM crystal in the radio??
Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

The synethesized version was on a dealers listing thru the Horison software. I don't actually think it is any different looking but will have a synthesized module in it.

I still can't imagine you would need to send the radio in to get new crystals. Why mainly because Hitec sells just plain crystals and you never have to send in your Hitec radios to get new crystals. I find that really strange if that is really the case.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Time to make a phone call to Hitec !! So does the new module have dial settings similar to the XXtra ?? I'm assuming it's 75 mhz?? Combined with the new synth receiver, that means it's a no crystal required setup.....Now thats what I've been waiting for!! I just knew I shouldn't give up on Multiplex yet.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey Steve, How are you !? Hitec actually wants us to send our TX in to do what?? I didn't get that. Are they saying if we want to have multiple channels and multiple crystals...they have to do something???

Steve, I guess I was wrong.....Do you mean I could transmit on AM even if I have an FM crystal in the radio??
I'm doing fine, thanks.

Last time I spoke with the guys at Hitec they wanted me to ship my Multiplex transmitter in to their service center for the channel change. All I wanted was to buy a few transmitter crystals to match up with some Airtronics receiver crystals I had just bought.

The Multiplex Profi transmitters can only use the Multiplex transmitter crystals and they aren't cheap. On the plus side though is the transmitter can be set to AM or FM at the touch of a button all from the same transmitter crystal. No need to change anything! This feature lets me use my old AM gear and save a few bucks.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I would imagine it has a module you trun to the channel you want but it could have digital settings like the JR XR3 has. It is going to be on 75 band. No crystals will be cool. I know the M5 receiver has no knobs to turn. You hold your radio up close to the receiver and I think you hit a setup button and the receiver locks onto the freq. you have set in your radio. They do show this reciever on the website. It is a 5 channel receiver.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

The synthesized transmitter module has been talked about for some time and I know they have one available for their latest aircraft radio so I imagine it's only a matter of time before we see one for the Profi Car transmitters. They also have a new sythesized receiver in the works and this has also been talked about for some time. Still no pictures though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.