Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Recommend capacity of rx pack for 7955 + 7965. >

Recommend capacity of rx pack for 7955 + 7965.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommend capacity of rx pack for 7955 + 7965.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Recommend capacity of rx pack for 7955 + 7965.

I just purchased a HS-7955TG for a steering servo and a HS-7965MG for a throttle/brake servo on a HPI Hellfire SS.

I don't know much about batteries and I can't find good info anywhere, so I'm not sure what to get for a rx battery pack.

I know I need a 6.0V pack as the servos won't handle more voltage and nimh is recommended over NiCd, but what capacity should I get? The Hellfire RTR comes with a 1200mAh pack, but I'm concerned that wouldn't have enough amperage for these servos. Am I correct that the capacity is a factor in how many amps the servos can pull?

Not sure if it matters, but my receiver is Spektrum DX3R.

Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, do you think I made a good choice in servos?

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Capacity tells you how long the pack will last before going dead. 1200mah should last a whole day of racing unless you run for two hours straight or leave the switch on all day. If you absolutely have to have more you can get 1400-1600 packs.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Company Representative

Go with the largest battery you can fit in the vehicle. What type of car is this? Will you be racing?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

It's an HPI Hellfire SS. A nitro truggy. I won't be racing, but I do want a battery that will easily handle the servos. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can find Rx packs now up in the 2200mAh-2500mAh. Get the right configuration (hump or flat) and you should be good to go. If you are racing, you can get your qualifiers in on one charge, and then top it off for the main. If you are bashing, put it on the charger after a 20-30min run and see what kind of voltage you got left, this way you can see just how long you can run on the battery.