Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Erractic behaviour of Hitec 5925MG

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Iceman27

Default Erractic behaviour of Hitec 5925MG

Have 2 x 5925MG on my 7.5 w/ Futaba 3PJS radio. When I try to set the brake EPA to stop the car 'on a dime', the servo pulls the linkage. But instead of holding the position of the linkage, the servo travels back to idle before pulling the linkage again.

This 'ABS' effect was occuring when 1. the 'ABS' function is NOT activated and 2. I was engaging the brake on the tx w/o release. It only went away when I reduced the brake EPA. But as a result, was not able to brake hard.

Qn. I am sure this is NOT a natural occurance, what could be the reason for this unusual occurance? Did not experience this with both my Futaba 3PDF & Airtronics EXZES tx.

Cheers!

Old 06-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Company Representative

That is not the ideal servo to use in a throttle/brake application because the current draw is very high on the digital servos when overloaded (Like pulling a brake very hard). The problem is that the travel you set to get that power is limited by the linkage so the servo is trying to move much more than it can. This may be the problem and the servo is losing torque instead of blowing up. The best servo for your application is the non digital HS-945MG. You should have no problems with it.

If you think there is a problem with the servo, then send it in and we'll check it our and repair or replace it at no charge.

Mike.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Iceman27

Mike,

I understand that digital servos are designed to have stronger holding power that 'normal' servos. If that is the case, wouldn't the normal servo 'burn up' trying to hold a certain brake position?

Old 06-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No actually. Think of it in terms of a mod electric motor vs a stock. You will burn up a mod much faster if you stall it than a stock.

Gary
Old 06-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Company Representative

With the extra holding power comes higher current draw; the analog version when stalled does not draw nearly as much as the digital.

Mike.