Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec HS-5955TG

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Hitec HS-5955TG

Are the HS-5955TG the same servo internally as the HSR-5995TG Robot servo?
Specs are identical at 6 volts.
Externally the base plate is different to allow an axial mount.
If they are twins separated at birth, can they both run at 7.2 volts safely?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Company Representative

They are different servos although they do share a few of the same parts. The Robot servo is not programmable and also works on a much shorter pulse width. I would not suggest using the 5955TG on the higher voltage for RC applications.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was curious if they could handle the higher voltage.
I plan on using mine for surface cars.
Then I wondered if they could handle the higher voltage of a LiPo reciever pack.
I am unsure if any of my receivers will handle the pass thru of the 7.4 voltage. With the hitec DCX receiver does the rx draw power off the 6 volt input in a parallel route as the servos do?
Would plugging in a 7.4 volt battery to the DCX, with no servos connected, harm the rx?
I have a servo 6volt regulator allready, but do not use it since I only currently use 6 volt rx packs.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Company Representative

I would not recommend the higher voltage for the servos. As you increase the voltage you decrease the life of the servo (greatly).
For the receiver, it shouldn’t hurt anything if you plugged the 7.4 volt battery into it. Generally this voltage is safe for most receivers.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

between the two which one would be best for a 1/8 scale truggy for steering purposes. also is it possible to program digital servos with a spektrum dx 3.0?? i am new to digital servos and don't really understand what they mean by programming. thanks for your help
Old 03-23-2007, 04:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Only programming is done with the Hitec Digital Servo Programmer.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
between the two which one would be best for a 1/8 scale truggy for steering purposes. also is it possible to program digital servos with a spektrum dx 3.0?? i am new to digital servos and don't really understand what they mean by programming. thanks for your help

5955TG and 5997TG would be my choices.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

5997TG is excellent for steering purposes on an 1/8. I know most people seem to always want to put in the torque monsters for their steering purposes, but I can't stand having my 1/8 vehicles steer more slowly than my 1/10 vehicles. Since you can't really use the 'high speed' servos for steering in 1/8, the 5997 seems to be the perfect mix of strong torque and very good speed. The specs only say .14sec for speed, but it is very fast. Either Hitec's specs have always been very modest, or other servo manufacturers really blow their specs way out of proportion. I can visually see Hitec's .14sec 5997 move much faster than other servos that claim .10 or .08 speed. Anyways, didn't mean to step on Brendan's toes as obviously the 5955 is a great servo as well, I just think that some people are like myself and don't want to sacrifice a lot of speed to get crazy amounts of torque.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

does it make sense to buy a digital servo if you don't program it? i do not have a programmer. or should i just go with a hs 985
Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
does it make sense to buy a digital servo if you don't program it? i do not have a programmer. or should i just go with a hs 985
You only need the programmer if you want to change teh parameters of the servo. Out of the box you can still reap the benifits of a digital servo which is better resolution and more holding power. Depending on your vehicle and its use, you can decide if you would benifit from using a digital servo there or if a analog servo would work just fine.