Wiki Posts
Search

Multiplex

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default Multiplex

Hello Mike,

I just found out that Hitec aquired Multiplex.

Now I'm a little unsure if I schould be happy or concerned.
I'm one of the few that are running that wonderful Car profi 707.
My only complain so far was the responsivness and parts availability of Multiplex USA after knowing Multiplex's service from Germany.

Will the current product line be kept and can I expect Hitec's customer service in the future?

I sure hope so

thx
Old 01-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hitec USA is proud to announce that effective December 16, 2002, Hitec RCD Korea has acquired all assets of the MULTIPLEX Modelltechnik GmbH, one of Europe's leading R/C radio manufactures and hobby product distributors.

Sales
Plans are currently being made to incorporate selected Multiplex product distribution for North and South America into Hitec's US headquarters located in Poway, California starting in late March, 2003.

Currently Multiplex products can be purchased from:
Royal Hobby Distributors
8295 Tujunga Ave
Sun Valley, California
Phone (818) 771-1003

Service
Multiplex product users in the US can look forward to enjoying Hitec USA's reputation for providing the best customer service in the hobby radio industry. As our experienced service staff becomes familiar with Multiplex products, you will experience the quick turnaround of serviced products and the instant gratification of a timely answered question via phone call or e-mail. We expect to provide answers for incoming customer service calls, e-mails and product repair servicing direct through our Poway, California office starting in late March, 2003.

Currently Multiplex products can be serviced through:
Ernest Pritchard
1005 N. Aviator Parkway
Payson, AZ 85541

We are very excited about offering the prestigious and technically innovative Multiplex hobby products to the US marketplace. For all the loyal Multiplex product users out there and those of you considering the purchase of Multiplex equipment, please have patience as we incorporate the administration of the Multiplex product line into our US facility.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default Product Availability

I own two Multiplex Profi 403 and one Multiplex Profi 301 transmitters. I also own one Miltiplex Pico 4/5 channel surface receiver and a pair of red Multiplex servos that came with the 301 radio. All very nicely made equipment that has performed flawlessly for me for two years now.

I am hoping that these excellent radios will not be dropped by Hitec in favour of their new line of CRX radios and accessories. In particular, I will need to be sure that I will be able to purchase the Multiplex specific transmitter crystals that enable these radios to operate in either AM or FM mode all from the same crystal.

This one feature alone has enabled me to use my Multiplex transmitters with every R/C car and boat I own. Wonderful stuff!

SteveM
Old 01-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I second SteveM's thoughts....I sold a KO Mars radio in favor of my trusty 403. If you folks do us right and keep this line of radios...I promise I'll buy another one !!!

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-08-2003 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

WOW! That's a coo! I thought about getting a Profi but could not find a distributor.

Question: Will you be incorporating the synthesized module into the Profi line?

A Multiplex 707 with a synthesized module! Now that would be an awesome radio!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Company Representative

Hitec and Multiplex are still two seperate companies; they are not merging into one.

What will happen is that Multiplex will become much more redily available in the US to the dealer and consumer as it will be distributed through the same channels as Hitec.

Mike.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

I like it..thanks Mike. Do you have any idea how the product development will be...Since the Profi line came out no upgrades have occured.Do you see that changing with Hitec's influence??
Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Company Representative

I don't know... from what I have heard it has it all. What updates would you like to see?

Mike.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Mike,
Personally, I think the Profi is a great system but.....the color of the case probably hurts the marketing. That green just isn't manly enough. . I have painted mine black except for the top portion. Very "cool" looking and get's a lot of comments. The display could use a bolder print.Or maybe just a contrast change. It doesn't take much sunlight for the display to become hard to see. For many racers it's difficult to turn radios on in the pits in order to do car or radio adjustments. A Direct Servo Connection would be great. Oh,and since Hitec works wonders with synthesized modules...how about a "spectra" for the profi. Thanks

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-11-2003 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Mike - glad to know that Hitec will support and distrubute the Multiplex line of radios and accessories. I have had excellent service with the Hitec aircraft radios I also own and have been a long time user of Hitec servos for my R/C cars.

My Profi 301 transmitter is the entery level system and I like it fine as it is. The light weight, distinctive colour, angled LCD display and all the other features are great. I use this radio for my off-road vehicles.

My two Profi 403 transmitters are even better and have more features than I can use (or at least figure out) and the same positives apply from my 301. I use these for indoor racing with my 12th scale and sedans.

If I could make a suggestion, I'd like to be able to adjust the tension on the wheel to something a bit firmer. I am used to wheel radios from other manufacturers and switching to the Multiplex I found the wheel tension a bit weak.

I wouldn't suggest a colour change from the teal green colour as this is one feature that makes my radio stand out from the crowd. In Cleveland, my transmitter was the only one in impound that stood out. Once for the colour and again for the unique look and feel. If there is a need for a colour change, then maybe bright red with grey like the Multiplex servos. Just a thought.

Cheers.......Steve

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
I don't know... from what I have heard it has it all. What updates would you like to see?

Mike.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Dear Mike,

I live in Paris and I would like more informations about the future distribution of Hitec for the France.
Is the french distributor will be again distributor in 2004 ?

I have ask to the french distributor but he don't answer me

A french shop tell me that MRC (the french distributor) will lose Hitec...at the end of the year and Hitec will be sold from Germany as Multiplex
Old 01-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Company Representative

fred- I honestly don't know what the situation is in France. MRC is the current distributor and as far as I know they will continue. The only change should be the German agent.

Mike.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Multiplex Royal Evo 7 Display failure

Hello ,
I have four Multiplex radios 7, 9 channel radios, I have problem in one of the Multiplex Royal Evo 7 DISPLAY is not working suddenly, I have tried the contrast settings and did not work so far, please advise me if there is a way to test the display works or let me know the service center in the US who will be able to set it right.

I am from India and planning to visit US this june, I would like take some of your expert advise in this regard so that you can make me fly soon. Also let me know the contact numbers/mail id in the US to whom i can speak/mail etc.

I truely appreciate experts advise in this regard.10arial

Thanks and Regards

Rajesh N, India
[email protected]
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

[email protected]