Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arkansas / Mississippi RC Scene
Alison Offroad R/C Raceway Off Road Series >

Alison Offroad R/C Raceway Off Road Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alison Offroad R/C Raceway Off Road Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Great Weather for Track Time 16 Feb

Taken from RCO Alison Offroad post.

We will have a practice day Sunday 2-16-2014. The track is in good shape. We also be racing next Sunday 2-23-2014.

The Judge!!! 8)
Old 02-18-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Default Race Sunday 23 Feb 2014

1/8 electric buggy is on the list of classes. Bring you rig and lets burn some laps.

Bring your other electric rigs as well. Lets have some fun and do an anti-rain dance for good weather
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Awesome race day. Few new faces and some fun racing. 1/8 buggy class works good on this track. Next race in 2 weeks. Hope to see you there 9 March. Maybe a practice day next weekend. Check RCO website for updates. http://www.rc-offroad.net
Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Default BIG RACE Alison Offroad R/C Raceway 16 - 18 May 2014!

BIG RACE 16 - 18 May 2014! Go to RC Signup and check it out.

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3802

If you have not seen the new track and raced here you are missing out.

Little Rock, Arkansas 72206

Check out all the details and see the track here:
http://www.rc-offroad.net

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arkan...00816076744438

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Thunder Trail; 04-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Thinking about making the trip down for this event. Is there a hobby shop on site and concessions? Is there hookups for an RV? Will there be plaques awarded or is this a money race?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redwolfrc
Thinking about making the trip down for this event. Is there a hobby shop on site and concessions? Is there hookups for an RV? Will there be plaques awarded or is this a money race?
I think most questions are covered on RC Signup. Get signed up and pay at the track.
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3802

Hobby town is several miles away. Snacks and drinks, maybe hot dogs? New 100 amp service to track for charging only, no RV hookups. Bring generator if you have RV or Pit trailer. Thats what I do and works well. Lot of parking under large shade trees. I'm guessing, but maybe 20 large rigs could be in the shade. Come early for the best spot. near track.

I'm not in charge of the event, but trophies or plaques would be my guess because entry fees are so low. I don't see them doing money races. Money just makes the serious guys a little too serious, maybe takes the fun out of it when it goes beyond bragging rights. Not that I would know anything about that
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info. I run 2wd and 4wd buggy. I went on rc signup and only 4 are signed up for 2wd and 2 for 4wd. Are you guys expecting a good turnout? $25 entry fee is a little high for a race without any kind of plaque guarantee or pay back. I may have to pass on this one. What is the normal charge for a club race and is this a ROAR track?
Old 04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I run 2wd and 4wd buggy. I went on rc signup and only 4 are signed up for 2wd and 2 for 4wd. Are you guys expecting a good turnout? $25 entry fee is a little high for a race without any kind of plaque guarantee or pay back. I may have to pass on this one. What is the normal charge for a club race and is this a ROAR track?
I don't believe that allison's is a roar track I've never known it to be , so were do you race at
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

No ROAR. 2s lipo in all classes except 4s in 1/8 E-buggy. They have been doing club races at $10 per class just to have races or practice. I pay $75 per class at AMS and drive 400 miles knowing my chances for a plaque are very low, but the fun meter is pegged.

This seems like a deal to me. Very reasonable considering how much has been put into the track, steel framed drivers stand, multiple power locations, a complete AMB timing system with 20 house transponders and a clean porta potty.

There were about 9 2wd buggies in the main last weekend. 4wd Buggy has been low recently, but just about every local has one. I can only keep up with and run so many classes myself, but swap sometimes for a change of pace. Track layout is very fun, easy on tires and a lot of talented drivers make for good races. If you are good enough you might place or even win a class. However, you better bring your A game. Arkansas has a lot of good drivers and you can bet they will be there to show you a wheel

Come out and support one of the best off road tracks in Arkansas. These guys are RC people and they have a great place for us to race. If you find a better off road track in Arkansas please tell us about it. This one ROCKS! Showing you my wheel.....
Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The current layout is a blast to drive and easy on tires. 2wd buggy class is full of talented racers so your A game is required. Tire wise im running flipouts and rips and buggy hooking up really good. Some of the others guys are running big shots and mini pins.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I'll have to pass this time. Entry is a little high if no one is sure if plaques are being rewarded. Sounds more like an expensive club race to me.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

I'll have to pass this time. Entry is a little high if no one is sure if plaques are being rewarded. Sounds more like an expensive club race to me.
I tell ya what. If you win the 2wd buggy class I'll pay you $20. Now you don't have any excuses. Show up and have some fun. Kinda feel my 20 is safe, but I got you covered if luck finds you.

I wont race that class. I want to watch
Old 04-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
I tell ya what. If you win the 2wd buggy class I'll pay you $20. Now you don't have any excuses. Show up and have some fun. Kinda feel my 20 is safe, but I got you covered if luck finds you.

I wont race that class. I want to watch
Hell i'd like to see that to lol for a guy that suppose be local here in jonesboro I've never seen or heard of him at any track racing
Old 04-05-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by biggen
Hell i'd like to see that to lol for a guy that suppose be local here in jonesboro I've never seen or heard of him at any track racing
You never know who's out there with a car to put the smack down onyo a@$!lol
Old 04-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Pay both my entries and I'll be there. And yes, I've not run here in the state. I'm at ASU going to school. But my main reason for suggesting the plaques is I notice not too many have signed up and plaques really help create excitement for a race if you are wanting a big show. My intentions are for a good turnout so the event is worth coming down for. Nothing worse than showing up to race and one of the classes you run has 3 guys in it. I never have understood why track owners with an outdoor track charge $25 an entry, advertise no plaques and expect people to show up and race. This track looks super sweet so this owner knows how to build a good track, just needs to step out there and offer some incentives and guys other than the local weekly guys will show up. But hey, I'm just a broke college kid so what do I know other than what would attract me to come down their and race. Sounds like Thunder Trail is excited to race with just the locals and 2 or 3 extra guys. He must be the fast one of the bunch. I haven't raced in about 18 months so I'll be a little rusty and the podium was not my goal but you never know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.