R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 11-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SRS, AZ
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS
Default Arizona Scale Racers club

Ok guys and gals,
We have a place to race on road and oval in East Valley again. Located at 1725 E Main St. Mesa, AZ ( main st and gilbert rd) are cross streets. Straight line Suspension is name of company letting us use there Asphalt.
YOU HAVE TO BE ROAR MEMBER TO RACE! 35.00 a year. This is for insurance purposes. Please bring a copy or be able to show us email that you received from roar proving that you signed up.
We will start racing this Saturday 11/7/15 at 10 am. Same classes that ran at HT Gilbert.
We should have AMB system for scoring Saturday. So if you have a personal transponder bring it.

We are working on power this week. But might have to run off generators.

Also we have started a R/C Club ( Arizona Scale Racers ) members fee is 30.00 a year. This will help club pay for AMB system, track maintenance, boards, soda for track etc.
Entry fees for club members are 5.00 per class.
For non club members entry fee will be 10.00 first class and 5.00 each additional class.

NO OPEN TOE SHOES PLEASE.
PLEASE BRING BAG TO THROW YOUR TRASH INTO. TAKE IT WITH YOU!

Thanks to everyone that's help make this possible. Hope to see you Saturday for our first race.
__________________
Raymond McCoy
Xray, RCAMERICA, Hudy Team Trinity, Stickit1racing, MKS Servos, Hobby Action, Activrc, EAM.
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Yeah!!!! We have an official thread now.
__________________
CRC - C&C Motorsports - SpeedZone
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
AzRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

It has been awhile, what classes are there? I have a TC4 RTR that I need to gut and need to know what to get, fyi I have never raced on a road course and briefly oval.
AzRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SRS, AZ
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
It has been awhile, what classes are there? I have a TC4 RTR that I need to gut and need to know what to get, fyi I have never raced on a road course and briefly oval.
There is few different classes you could run in.
Via class 25.5 blinky with older muscle car bodies.
Spec gt class 21.5 blinky with 5.5 fdr. With Cadillac, z28 Mustang type bodies.
17.5 blinky (sportsman) any tc body.
17.5 blinky (expert)
__________________
Raymond McCoy
Xray, RCAMERICA, Hudy Team Trinity, Stickit1racing, MKS Servos, Hobby Action, Activrc, EAM.
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 201
Default

So this is what you are up to rather than racing at SRS in north Phoenix, i was wondering where you went.
nissan man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SRS, AZ
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan man View Post
So this is what you are up to rather than racing at SRS in north Phoenix, i was wondering where you went.
Yes sir. Once HT closed down we had to do something. On road is alive on east side. Come check it out!
__________________
Raymond McCoy
Xray, RCAMERICA, Hudy Team Trinity, Stickit1racing, MKS Servos, Hobby Action, Activrc, EAM.
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,323
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ray is there a why to make an exception for parking in the pits? I like to charge off my battery. Not sure if their is enough generators for everybody?

Still working on my Roar membership so may not be there for a couple more weeks
Bubonic-X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SRS, AZ
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TMR CHASSIS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Ray is there a why to make an exception for parking in the pits? I like to charge off my battery. Not sure if their is enough generators for everybody?

Still working on my Roar membership so may not be there for a couple more weeks
There is enough power. Even if we are using generators.
__________________
Raymond McCoy
Xray, RCAMERICA, Hudy Team Trinity, Stickit1racing, MKS Servos, Hobby Action, Activrc, EAM.
TMR CHASSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
Tech Adept
 
AzRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

I'm slowly acquiring things for racing in the VTA class and being I have never used Lipos before can I get away with just one battery? I'm going to run a TC4 with a 2.5 gear ratio what kind of FDR should I shoot for to start? Thanks!
AzRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:08 AM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
I'm slowly acquiring things for racing in the VTA class and being I have never used Lipos before can I get away with just one battery? I'm going to run a TC4 with a 2.5 gear ratio what kind of FDR should I shoot for to start? Thanks!
I'm not sure of the final drive but one lipo is sufficient if you are only running the one car.
SDVern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
I'm slowly acquiring things for racing in the VTA class and being I have never used Lipos before can I get away with just one battery? I'm going to run a TC4 with a 2.5 gear ratio what kind of FDR should I shoot for to start? Thanks!

One lipo will just fine, the final drive ratio will depend on if you plan to run in the VTA oval or VTA road class. The oval is run with a breakout rule, if you go over the max allowed laps you breakout and your placed at the back of the field for the next heat. Breakout in the main and you get last. VTA road is scored like any of the road classes, most laps in the shortest time wins.

Be sure to get the correct tires HPI is the only tire brand allowed, rear tire is HPI #14797 fronts are HPI #14793. These can be mounted on any of the HPI vintage rims, for example rear HPI #3822 and front HPI #3817.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

FYI - We have power at the track now!
__________________
CRC - C&C Motorsports - SpeedZone
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
AzRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
One lipo will just fine, the final drive ratio will depend on if you plan to run in the VTA oval or VTA road class. The oval is run with a breakout rule, if you go over the max allowed laps you breakout and your placed at the back of the field for the next heat. Breakout in the main and you get last. VTA road is scored like any of the road classes, most laps in the shortest time wins.

Be sure to get the correct tires HPI is the only tire brand allowed, rear tire is HPI #14797 fronts are HPI #14793. These can be mounted on any of the HPI vintage rims, for example rear HPI #3822 and front HPI #3817.
Did not know about oval class hmmm.... I think for now doing the road class will suffice, but you never know!
AzRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,776
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Tomorrow should be a beautiful day for club racing.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Tomorrow should be a beautiful day for club racing.
THANK YOU for all your help today, it's great to have people like you to step up and contribute to our racing.
__________________
This space for rent.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net