Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Gilbert Backyard Track Build Help >

Gilbert Backyard Track Build Help

Gilbert Backyard Track Build Help

Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Small backyard tracks can be a lot of fun. But they definitely don't replace the real thing. Here's mine from a couple years ago. Lasted about 8 months, lol....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ5...fg0LwQ&index=4
Yeah, but they got me back into RC while I was in the Navy. It would be nice to help bring me and my son closer together as well. I have a LOT of catching up to do with my kids. Thats the one thing the Navy took from me I want back. Having to be gone all the time on deployments and ops sucks as you miss your kids growing up.

Thats about the size I'm looking at though.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
Yeah, but they got me back into RC while I was in the Navy. It would be nice to help bring me and my son closer together as well. I have a LOT of catching up to do with my kids. Thats the one thing the Navy took from me I want back. Having to be gone all the time on deployments and ops sucks as you miss your kids growing up.

Thats about the size I'm looking at though.
Oh I'm not knocking the idea at all. Like I said, they can be a blast. My son still has fun on the remnants of what was once an rc track. He rips his bmx bike around the jumps all the time, haha. I say do it. It's all about the fun!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Oh I'm not knocking the idea at all. Like I said, they can be a blast. My son still has fun on the remnants of what was once an rc track. He rips his bmx bike around the jumps all the time, haha. I say do it. It's all about the fun!
I want to, but again I need some help with it. Thats the hard part. Not many seem to want to jump in and get dirty for someone else's track.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Thats a different Guy Chris. You are thinking of Vince. yes he has a very admirable purpose but he is really far away. Brad owns EVRC which is a backyard track with no racing amenities.

Oops... there i go thinking again

I want to, but again I need some help with it. Thats the hard part. Not many seem to want to jump in and get dirty for someone else's track.

Ummm... have ya Noticed... its 100deg outside

Like asking Friends ta help ya Move in the summer.... its a Tuff one for sure

Old 05-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

A little heat never hurt anyone. Good point though.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Small backyard tracks can be a lot of fun. But they definitely don't replace the real thing. Here's mine from a couple years ago. Lasted about 8 months, lol. This is Mellen and I playing around. Yes, those are 4wd SC!
That track is awesome for the size. You guys got some good racing in.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A track in chandler would be awesome! All off road tracks are so far away. Don't wana drive an hour in my full size truck to drive my little one for 20 minutes. hope it comes through!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by low~n~blu
A track in chandler would be awesome! All off road tracks are so far away. Don't wana drive an hour in my full size truck to drive my little one for 20 minutes. hope it comes through!
Amen! lol
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Initiate

i too had a back yard track for a while. got some dirt from my neighbor and after filling my trailer till it was resting on the axle, thought I had enough to make some cool jumps. well, a full day of shoveling dirt got me one small double and a two day backache.

If I ever rebuild, its going to be a dirt oval.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Yeah it takes a lot of dirt. I helped a friend build his a few years back. Its shocking how much it takes for sure.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Acill, there are dicks in any kind of racing you get involved in...drag racing, motocross, turtle racing, big wheel racing, three legged racing, ect...but dont let them bother you...i just laugh in their face to see how mad they can really get!! Im with you though and understand where your comming from..best thing to do is to bite your lip and not get involved with BS convos about it on an internet forum where people dont have any idea what they are talking about.

i like your idea, go rent a skid steer for a week and get a few loads of dirt...you will have that track knocked out in no time for really not all that much cash..then when the people who were talkin shit want to come race/practice, they can pay you 10 bucks and you can go buy some beer, enjoy the heat and get drunk in your back yard on their dime!!

Cole
Old 05-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Colesifer
Acill, there are dicks in any kind of racing you get involved in...drag racing, motocross, turtle racing, big wheel racing, three legged racing, ect...but dont let them bother you...i just laugh in their face to see how mad they can really get!! Im with you though and understand where your comming from..best thing to do is to bite your lip and not get involved with BS convos about it on an internet forum where people dont have any idea what they are talking about.

i like your idea, go rent a skid steer for a week and get a few loads of dirt...you will have that track knocked out in no time for really not all that much cash..then when the people who were talkin shit want to come race/practice, they can pay you 10 bucks and you can go buy some beer, enjoy the heat and get drunk in your back yard on their dime!!

Cole
haha, love your attitude mate!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Small backyard tracks can be a lot of fun. But they definitely don't replace the real thing. Here's mine from a couple years ago. Lasted about 8 months, lol. This is Mellen and I playing around. Yes, those are 4wd SC!
Your Track in your yard looks great,what is the overall size.

Thanks for sharing this video