Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Sticky Kicks Officially in Arizona >

Sticky Kicks Officially in Arizona

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sticky Kicks Officially in Arizona

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Special announcement coming after the weekend
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Suspended

weekend is over whats the suprise
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default HOW TO VID.

Originally Posted by Seeds
Hi to everyone..
Just posting a "how-to" on application of sticky kicks. This is for when you are at the track. Its an easy one and its to answer any and all questions but if you do have any after this, please feel free to find me at the track or PM me on here.

This applies to when I either get to the track or right after a qual./race:

1.) For starters, I wash my tires and dry them with either a cloth or air dry them if the track has compressed air.
2.) After checking the glue and making sure the tires don't need any touch up, I give the tires a light spray of (insert whatever compound you are using be it red, white or green) and set them aside on a clean surface. I normally stack them on each other.
3.) After about 10 mins, I roll each tire against another tire that has been applied with the compound to see how the sticky kicks is adhering and may or may not add from there.
4.) Lastly, the race right before mine, I re-apply a light coat and start to put my car together, ie batteries, shell, etc and that gives the tires enough time to dry.

I have have found that if I apply Sticky Kicks too late prior to my race, I do not get all the benefits.

Applying to new tires:

1.) Remove tires from bags and remove inserts from tires and set aside. (Keep the bags!)
2.) Poke holes in tires, 180 from each other.
3.) Apply Sticky Kicks to tires using a toothbrush or other brush. This is VERY important as you need to make sure the compound gets deep into the tire for maximum effect. You may need to do this a few times depending on the tire and tread pattern.
4.) Put tires without foams in the bags they came in and lightly mist the tires while in the bag.
5.) Wait overnight (if your race is the next day) or 24 hours before mounting to rims.
6.) Spray some simple green on a rag and wipe down the bead of the tire to get Sticky kicks and release agent off the beads for a clean install.
7.) Wipe down rims and mount tires to rims
8.) Install foams into tires
9. Mount tires on rims and apply glue. (Use tire band if available)

Thats it! Enjoy and see you out there!
----Very nice, but i wanna see the how to vid. Why read about it when i can watch it. Learned that one at M.M.I.money well spent----
Old 05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by Hpifanboi; 05-21-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hpifanboi
scooby doo where were you saturday nite
Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C.CANNOLI#42
----Very nice, but i wanna see the how to vid. Why read about it when i can watch it. Learned that one at M.M.I.money well spent----
Video's here Dom,

http://www.sticky-kicks.com/about.html
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azwheelman
scooby doo where were you saturday nite
Picking up wifey for airport Saturday night and then getting ready for Battle In The Desert Sunday morning
Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

nice !! how did you do in the race?? we were out till 330am beautiful nite lol!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by azwheelman
nice !! how did you do in the race?? we were out till 330am beautiful nite lol!
I did not run. Local Sticky Kicks driver Cedric (Seeds on Rctech) did awesome! He never ran at Compeition Hobbies before but manged to run in the Pro 4 4x4 SCT in the Amain starting dead last with a front broken A arm and finished somewhere 5th or 6th out of 10 I believe. We left El Mirage around 6:30am and got to Tuscon little after 8am. With little practice time and tuning he did great keep in mind he runs a Durango 4x4 SCT and parts are hard to come by let alone buy.

Last edited by Hpifanboi; 05-23-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scbill
weekend is over whats the suprise
Proud to annouce Warehouse 3 Racway is going to carry and supply Sticky Kicks Traction sauce exclusively for all of Phoenix AZ RC Racers. Offroad, Onroad, or Crawling Warehouse 3 will have the blend to make it Stick. In stock now and ready buy so come and get some.

Address is.
10620 N. 19th ave Phoenix Az 85029
Phone number 602-870-6680

Last edited by Hpifanboi; 05-23-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

If anyone is on the fence or skeptical about using Sticky Kicks please feel free to ask questions. Better yet if you have used it and unsure it's not working I'll be more then happy to answer you're questions and give out some tech tips.

Warehouse 3 is locked and loaded with Sticky Kicks. Check them out or call and ask how it's working out for there racers.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Default DOES IT REALLY WORK?

Ask some of the guys who bought it tonight at Wednesday night racing at the Warehouse.
Sold a butt load and no one was dissapointed.
It just gets stickier as the night goes on!!!!!
How did we get by without it?
And it smells GOOOOOD!!
I'm proud to be carrying this product in my store.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

The bible of tech tips for Sticky Kicks. Print this out for your own use.

1 Do not apply before a race! Your car will skate like if it was on ice. Please apply 10-15 minutes before a run.

2 Best used when buying new tires to apply with a brush and let soak 24 hours before glueing.

3 If tires are mounted and glued and you have 1hour plus before your run, brush Sticky Kicks then apply again 10-15 minutes before your run.

4 You"ll notice Sticky Kicks working the most after you're 2run (5minute runs) Then you're like Holly "S"!

5 ALWAYS CLEAN YOUR TIRES AFTER EACH RUN. You'll notice you're tires are stickier.

6 I've got to much traction and I'm rolling over or my motor temps are too high or both. Do 2 things... Adjust your pinion gear and slightly lower your ride height. Disclaimer... One racer had to much traction and over heated his motor cause Sticky Kicks put to much load on his Electronics. So watch those temps after Sticky Kicks penetrates the tires! I did fork out $90 dollars out of my own pocket to help the racer get up and going again.

7Will not ruin foams or the smell make you puke! Smells so good Better yet you'll not get a set of AE screw drivers lodged into your thigh cause you offended the racer to the right or left of you in the pits using something else

8 When the doctor is pulling 8 AE hexdrives from each thigh from the bone, Try some Sticky Kicks next time! Better on the podium then the hospital

Disclaimer!.... 1/2 of 7 and all of 8 are meant to be funny.

Last edited by Hpifanboi; 05-25-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hpifanboi
The bible of tech tips for Sticky Kicks. Print this out if your own use.

1 Do not apply before a race! Your car will skate like if it was on ice. Please apply 10-15 minutes before a run.

2 Best used when buying new tires to apply with a brush and let soak 24 hours before glueing.

3 If tires are mounted and glued and you have 1hour plus before your run, brush Sticky Kicks then apply again 10-15 minutes before your run.

4 You"ll notice Sticky Kicks working the most after you're 2run (5minute runs) Then you're like Holly "S"!

5 ALWAYS CLEAN YOUR TIRES AFTER EACH RUN. You'll notice you're tires are stickier.

6 I've got to much traction and I'm rolling over or my motor temps are too high or both. Do 2 things... Adjust your pinion gear and slightly lower your ride height. Disclaimer... One racer had to much traction and over heated his motor cause Sticky Kicks put to much tire load on his Electronics. So watch those temps after Sticky Kicks penetrates the tires! I did fork out $90 dollars out of my own pocket to help the racer out get up and going again.

7Will not ruin foams or the smell make you puke! Smells so good Better yet you'll not get a set of AE screw drivers lodged into your thigh cause you offended the racer to the right or left of you in the pits using something else

8 When the doctor is pulling 8 AE hexdrives from each thigh from the bone, Try some Sticky Kicks next time! Better on the podium then the hospital

Disclaimer!.... 1/2 of 7 and all of 8 are meant to be funny.
On #7 that's not true
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
On #7 that's not true
Yes it is! I stand by this product as a user for 2+ years and now as dealer. I will stand by Sticky Kicks and make you a bet!

I will buy you any set of 4 tires, Proline foams, and rims of your choice. Spray Sticky Kicks 3times a race on the tires for 6 races in a row! And those foams will be still brand new after cutting tires open.

All wheeles will be held before and after each race you use with a mutal party.

Up to it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.