Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Pretty sizable SC scene in Prescott... >

Pretty sizable SC scene in Prescott...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pretty sizable SC scene in Prescott...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pretty sizable SC scene in Prescott...

I headed out to the local dirt track in Prescott last Saturday just to turn marshal for the day. I hadn't received our two SC10RS's quite yet but figured what the hell... you never have enough turn marshals .

Anyhow... I think about 30 people showed up. They ran a novice class with SC trucks and one Losi SCB. They also ran a stock and modified SC class as well as a modified 4WD class. All classes ran two 6 minute heats and then a 10 minute main.

It's a decent track though a bit tight. Not too many jumps but the track it self has a pretty good rhythm along with some real character that you really need to walk the track to see. All in all a pretty good track. Can't wait to run my first race there next Saturday.

So.... Anyone from elsewhere AZ interested in racing in Prescott?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Absolutely, especially in the summer.

What's the name of the track? When do they race? Have any pics?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is it in prescott or is it the one in prescott valley if its the one in pv that tracks no bueno pee gravel isnt fun to race on
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wilder raceway?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry yeah... The one in PV. "Berry Fast RC Raceway" I think? Most of the rocks have been removed but the occasional one still gets dug up. There are some small ones in the berms though.

In any case the plan is to dig up the track and sift the dirt some time in the next month or two, then lay it back down in a different configuration. The schedule is every other Saturday. This Saturday being one of them. I've now run pretty much a full set of the green subcultures through the track and it still seems to have a good rhythm. There's still a marked lack of blue groove type traction for sure but hey... I'll race slot cars or carpet if I'm looking for that. I'd rather dirt racing be a bit unpredictable to be honest.

There is one vid on youtube but it was apparently made with 1984 Cell phone camera...
Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

ive ran there before thought it was a new track. track was like runnin on pea gravel and wasnt the greatest of times running
Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I can see that...

Those rocks are now at the bottom of the berm or gone and/or have been picked off. There are still some rocks but not many and no big ones for sure. Either way... We'll be digging up the surface and sifting it. I'm hoping to have some input on the layout and I'm hoping that I can get the track owner to add a rhythm section.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Stadium truck is very popular up here as well, get about ten. Rude dog raceway is at the Barry fast Rc park in Prescott valley. We also wilder short course raceway in chino valley it is slightly smaller but much better dirt. Both tracks are very fun and good competion!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snaketaco
Stadium truck is very popular up here as well, get about ten. Rude dog raceway is at the Barry fast Rc park in Prescott valley. We also wilder short course raceway in chino valley it is slightly smaller but much better dirt. Both tracks are very fun and good competion!
guess i gotta move up north for some stadium action.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M1Combat
I can see that...

Those rocks are now at the bottom of the berm or gone and/or have been picked off. There are still some rocks but not many and no big ones for sure. Either way... We'll be digging up the surface and sifting it. I'm hoping to have some input on the layout and I'm hoping that I can get the track owner to add a rhythm section.
Dont let people who are spoiled lil indoor clay brats get ya down, even a pea gravel track can be fun. pretty sure thats why they make more then one kind of tire. Have fun up there racing whatever kind track you got and when i'm in the area i'll come join ya!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When the dirt is swept and watered its not that bad and getting better. We old school up here we like to run off road likes it off road!

Next race should be feb 5th
Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

When the dirt is swept and watered its not that bad and getting better. We old school up here we like to run off road likes it off road!

Next race should be feb 5th
AMEN!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Might be cool to come up there when things heat up in Phoenix!

Thanks Prescott guys for coming down for the phoenix and Tucson Race scene.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:30 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please post some directions to these tracks. I may be heading up that way tomorrow and wanted to check them out
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ryno B4.1
Please post some directions to these tracks. I may be heading up that way tomorrow and wanted to check them out
ryan its right by the harkins in the entertainment district in prescott valley

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.