Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
3300kv reedy motor legal in pro lite? >

3300kv reedy motor legal in pro lite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3300kv reedy motor legal in pro lite?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brent check this link. http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...-vs-kv-rating/
Old 11-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

that was a good link, that looks like it puts the 3300 reedy motor at about 12.5 ish, somewhere in there.

i have the 3300 reedy motor in my b4.1 and it hauls tail with 22/84 gearing.

brent - where are you going to be doing most of your racing? if its club racing you probably wont have to worry much with that motor, if your doing series racing it all depends on who techs you and what their feeling are on that motor, some think since it comes stock in an rtr that it should be allowed in the stock "13.5" class..
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by ANDYEHLEN
that was a good link, that looks like it puts the 3300 reedy motor at about 12.5 ish, somewhere in there.

i have the 3300 reedy motor in my b4.1 and it hauls tail with 22/84 gearing.

brent - where are you going to be doing most of your racing? if its club racing you probably wont have to worry much with that motor, if your doing series racing it all depends on who techs you and what their feeling are on that motor, some think since it comes stock in an rtr that it should be allowed in the stock "13.5" class..
I will be trying to do the whole KBRL series. but mostly club races around town. SRS, Fear Farm and Warehouse 3, and Paddocks, soon One hobbies

I called SRS and Kenny. Due to Racing Pro lite I can enter with it and see how it goes. If i am able to make A-Main from the start I have to find a 13.5T

And Yes I agree, the 3300kv should be considered a 13.5T. per that chart in that link it almost makes it a 14ish turn motor.

I just gotta save up for a 13.5T motor
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

I am planning all the RTR Kits would run in pro lite

ASC SC10rs
Slash Brushed
Blitz Brushed

If an RTR is dominating pro lite... most likely its the driver...but not always.... We can always take those few situations into account as they happen

I can agree with Kenny's KBRL take as well... but thats a more Competitive series than your everyday Club racing... in a series the rules are more specific and you would usually lean towards Fairness to the Majority of racers more so than Fairness to a few racers

my .02$

Stav
Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

brent - not sure what your rc racing background is.. but ive been doing this since about june.. club racing i can make a main but not any top spots, in the kbrl series.. which this is the first race im absent for . ive been making c mains.. kenny told me the same thing with the 3300, if i come out the shoot winning its the motor, but since i havent been i agree with stav it comes down to the driver, yes its a faster motor, but its not sensored.. so i think a sensored 13.5 might have a slight edge on the smoothness over the 3300.. i know quicks sells the novak havoc 13.5 set up for like 160.. thats what i have in my sc10 .. between the two cars i have my fast laps are about a second apart or less.

stav - ill see you later today, or brian... one of you guys im sure will be there.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

brent - not sure what your rc racing background is.. but ive been doing this since about june.. club racing i can make a main but not any top spots, in the kbrl series.. which this is the first race im absent for . ive been making c mains.. kenny told me the same thing with the 3300, if i come out the shoot winning its the motor, but since i havent been i agree with stav it comes down to the driver, yes its a faster motor, but its not sensored.. so i think a sensored 13.5 might have a slight edge on the smoothness over the 3300.. i know quicks sells the novak havoc 13.5 set up for like 160.. thats what i have in my sc10 .. between the two cars i have my fast laps are about a second apart or less.

stav - ill see you later today, or brian... one of you guys im sure will be there.

I agree.

I have only been really racing for about 2 months.
I only assume I will end up racing the Pro Lite class at other club races due to moving up at Warehouse 3. I have the thinking of my MX quad racing. When you move up. You move up, regardless on where you race.

If I am not able to get a 13.5T system for the 2wd by the needed time .I either won't race it, try to race it with the 3300kv. and just save.

I am glad I got some answers with this motor.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

you'll never get teched before a race.. you only get teched if your top 3 in your race. so why not just save money.. race with the 3300 see how you do and go from there, worse case scenario if you place top 3 you get teched and dq'd but atleast you had fun racing. and ill be honest i was racing my castle 5700 kv in my sc10 in pro lite, but that was club racing and i never got top 3 in any race cause those pro lite guys are fuckin good
Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

you'll never get teched before a race.. you only get teched if your top 3 in your race. so why not just save money.. race with the 3300 see how you do and go from there, worse case scenario if you place top 3 you get teched and dq'd but atleast you had fun racing. and ill be honest i was racing my castle 5700 kv in my sc10 in pro lite, but that was club racing and i never got top 3 in any race cause those pro lite guys are fuckin good

LMAO. Yeah, I just need to find some damn time off work on a Saturday so I can go race... I would be racing today if I wasn't sitting on my butt at work
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

EXACTLY!!!!

Its all about having fun anyways.... if ya start wining.. well thats a PLUS...

Run it
Smile
Crash
Run Some more
And HAVE FUN..

Also.... we do lay-a-way at the shop... so can be an easier way ta save for a motor little by little...... just a thought

Oh and Andy.... Brian is at the shop.... TURKEY DAY SALE is last day today... so STOCK UP

Stav
Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stavman
EXACTLY!!!!

Its all about having fun anyways.... if ya start wining.. well thats a PLUS...

Run it
Smile
Crash
Run Some more
And HAVE FUN..

Also.... we do lay-a-way at the shop... so can be an easier way ta save for a motor little by little...... just a thought

Oh and Andy.... Brian is at the shop.... TURKEY DAY SALE is last day today... so STOCK UP

Stav
I didn't know that.

Maybe after work I will go visit Brian .
Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

ill be making a stop to see my pal brian about 3:15
Old 11-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

did i hear lay a way!! 5ive T baby!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

did i hear lay a way!! 5ive T baby!

No we dont do HOME MORTGAGES for toys

LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

what about adjustable rate financing? LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

what about adjustable rate financing? LOL

we can LOOK at that

but are RATES are WAY ABOVE prime

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.