R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing

Old 07-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default PHX shops ???

what shops carry Kyosho and HPI parts in the PHX area. I am going back to Tucson late this afternoon and would like to check for some parts.

Thanks
EvanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAZ View Post
what shops carry Kyosho and HPI parts in the PHX area. I am going back to Tucson late this afternoon and would like to check for some parts.

Thanks
I don't know if the shops are open today. Go figure, when you need parts from your Saturday night breakage!
nta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Az hobbies from noon to 5. Don't know what they carry but they open.
Seeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck finding Kyosho stuff. I usually get the "We can order it for you." Which is nice but the main reason for visiting a brick/mortar shop is the "have it now" factor. I also can order it, many times with free shipping, no tax but the 3-7 days it takes to arrive is a bit of a bummer.
Kyosho Ultima RB5 SP2/Novak Kinetic, Thunder Power 13.5/JR z9100s
Kyosho 1987 Ultima Buggy-frankenstien. <-- Thinking about getting it going again.
Buzz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

As a shop owner I can tell you it's not lack of effort that most of us don't stock Kyosho parts. There are maybe 5 people in the state of AZ who run Kyosho and that's all classes combined. To have $300-$500 worth of parts on the wall collecting dust is just bad business and actually hinders my service to my customers as that money is much better invested into batteries and fuel and servos and tires which everyone needs. On an up note if anyone buys a kit from me I will always offer them the option of sending me a list of parts that they would like me to have in stock at all times and I do my best to accomadate but even then there are no gaurantees that they ever come back and buy them. Case in point is the the JQ buggy. 6 people ordered kits from me and I have $1000 worth of parts on my wall. All but 1 of those people have since sold their JQ's and now I am stuck with a bunch of dust collecting parts that I have to whore out on eBay.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
As a shop owner I can tell you it's not lack of effort that most of us don't stock Kyosho parts. There are maybe 5 people in the state of AZ who run Kyosho and that's all classes combined. To have $300-$500 worth of parts on the wall collecting dust is just bad business and actually hinders my service to my customers as that money is much better invested into batteries and fuel and servos and tires which everyone needs. On an up note if anyone buys a kit from me I will always offer them the option of sending me a list of parts that they would like me to have in stock at all times and I do my best to accomadate but even then there are no gaurantees that they ever come back and buy them. Case in point is the the JQ buggy. 6 people ordered kits from me and I have $1000 worth of parts on my wall. All but 1 of those people have since sold their JQ's and now I am stuck with a bunch of dust collecting parts that I have to whore out on eBay.

Ya Nailed it James

I bet I have the MOST Kyosho parts of anyone in the state.... but NO 1/10 or SC parts at all... all 1/8 buggy and truggy...

Oh ya.... I Run/Used too RUN keesho...... thus all the parts

I have a BUNCH of Durango stuff like you have JQ James

Its a Crap Shoot for sure......

For every RIG you stock parts for its over $1000 for 1/8 and upwards of $600 for 1/10... so it all adds Up......

Cant stock everything or Keep everyone Happy.....

We all TRY... but at some point ya need ta HOPEFULLY order some special stuff from us... or No Shops will be around in 5 years

Later all

Stav
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Gotta agree with you there. We have to stock what we can sell regularly. If it doesn't turnover at least every 6 mo. it is tyeing up money that can be better invested elsewhere. Sitting on dead inventory in retail is the same as having money in a bank that isn't giving you a return, yet you can't touch it.
Most, if not all of us don't charge for shipping either, but we do have to collect tax, as we have to pay it back out based on sales.Sales tax sucks, I will agree, but is a necessary evil. Every city/state is partially funded by it.
1155 S Power Rd #101b
Mesa,AZ 85206
480-396-1838
LibertyHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote