Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

HobbyTown Tucson AZ

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

I'll do 1/12TH and I'm working on a TC. I would also be up for Pro-10 225mm or WGT. I'd be there most of the time, but maybe not every week, excrement occurs!!
ned911 likes this.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In answer to their question: Is there any other classes that will be a big turnout on race days that we should run?

Here's what we get the biggest turn out for in Mesa:

17.5 TC
Mod TC
21.5 Spec GT
and VTA

Flag gets some Mini and Tamiya Trucks on top of what we run.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

sorta surprized at the 5 entries required per class, curious if that rule is going to bleed into offroad.

as for info from FB

1- 17.5 1s 1/12th scale i agree with Cris, i myself will be bringing out old t-bar cars when asphalt goes down until i see what happens.
2- 17.5 touring car imo 17.5 class could take off fastest in Tucson due to drivers being able to use alot of existing electronics/motors they already have
3- 21.5 2s F1 no input
4- spec tamiya semi truck along with minis, imo add to fence

Classes on the fence:
1- VTA or USGT...imo too many classes for Tucson
2- Mod tc in the past was near non existent at HT or CH, rarely ran
3- oval no input
Old 08-13-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

I know there at 4 of us that like to run 1/12 scale mod/ open when we go to TQ.

If there is a real push and enough interest of 17.5 1/12th i will reluctantly support it. i need to buy new batteries and a new motor anyway if i were to run it. I just hate the motor and battery of the month BS if you want to be competitive.

On the side note on the 5 to make a class i will just say one thing. If i drive from Phoenix and show up with my cars only to find there is no 1/12th or F1 class (and i watch to message boards and FB to gauge interest) that will be the last time i make that drive. also if there is ever a question about not having enough for a class i will just stay home.

I know the Banta's would be looking forward to seeing Lonny again as well.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

that last name rings a bell in a era four score and many years ago, when the voltage was high, controllers were live, and polymer magnets skimmed the rails
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

As long as they don't suggest 5 minute qualifiers for 1/12 I will put an asphalt car together. I would also do sedan and probably get an F1 for asphalt.
E

I'm also down to run some tamiya mini 05 class.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

talked to jason today at HT, classes that seem to have most interest right now are

17.5 TC (15 racers in tucson already committing to it)
17.5 1/12 scale
tamiya spec truck class

other classes still possible, and they are going to do the 5 cars per class or that class does not race rule

added: 5 or more entries to make a race for a class. most tracks do a 3 car rule

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 08-17-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Any estimate of the track dimensions?....length of the straight?...etc.

Only comment I have relating to classes is that if they're not considering Spec GT, VTA and MINIs they could be missing out. I for one would love to come down and run more than 1 class, but I'm not about to give up Spec GT to run a truck or 1/12. I'm sure there are more of us in the Phx area that would come down but would do so in greater numbers for more than 1 class....nobody up here runs trucks or 1/12. Outside of 17.5 TC the largest classes are Spec GT, VTA and Mod TC....and there are a smaller number of guys with Minis.

Just my .02
Old 08-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have yet to race anywhere that if 5 cars in a class show up the race director would not include in that days program. Is HT the first exception?
Old 08-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Any estimate of the track dimensions?....length of the straight?...etc.

Only comment I have relating to classes is that if they're not considering Spec GT, VTA and MINIs they could be missing out. I for one would love to come down and run more than 1 class, but I'm not about to give up Spec GT to run a truck or 1/12. I'm sure there are more of us in the Phx area that would come down but would do so in greater numbers for more than 1 class....nobody up here runs trucks or 1/12. Outside of 17.5 TC the largest classes are Spec GT, VTA and Mod TC....and there are a smaller number of guys with Minis.

Just my .02
Your .02 is way off Mark, there are several people in the Phx area that run (and many that have but are not running) 1/12th; and some that have and do run euro truck. ASR has done a great job of running off any class (and racers) they don't like or run themselves and because that is the only place you go you have a narrow view of what other racers in AZ are doing. 12th has been a consistent class in Flag this summer and last, if you had ever been there you would know this

I must say that I'm disappointed to hear that HT has reaffirmed the idea to only run a class if 5 or more are there. That will only discourage people from driving from distances like Phx and is a sure way to hobble and kill the program before it even gets started. I understand the reasons behind this but it is a silly decision imo.

Last edited by chris moore; 08-17-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slots
I have yet to race anywhere that if 5 cars in a class show up the race director would not include in that days program. Is HT the first exception?
I think you misunderstood, if there are 5 or more entries for a class that class will run, less than five and it will not be run
Old 08-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Chris, I think maybe you are being a little biased when it comes to ASR. I have never seen them run off any class. There for a time, a number of 1/12 scale guys were showing up and running. However, those guys just quit showing up. I never saw anything that ASR did to discourage them or run them off. If three people show up and want to run a class, ASR will do it. I think the two individuals that run ASR are the classiest and nicest people I've ever met.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

i don't do facebook, but if you have questions or ideas, you may want to direct them towards jason on the tucson HT page.

there are two FB sites for that HT, if you go to the public one you will get the perception the place is dead since posts are way back. the HT site they talk on you are required to log into FB to see it on a search, it is not set up for public view
glennhl likes this.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are the 17.5 touring and 1/12 scale boosted or blinky?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glennhl
Chris, I think maybe you are being a little biased when it comes to ASR. I have never seen them run off any class. There for a time, a number of 1/12 scale guys were showing up and running. However, those guys just quit showing up. I never saw anything that ASR did to discourage them or run them off. If three people show up and want to run a class, ASR will do it. I think the two individuals that run ASR are the classiest and nicest people I've ever met.
Glenn I have sent you a pm as it would be inappropriate to continue this discussion on this thread.

Originally Posted by slots
Are the 17.5 touring and 1/12 scale boosted or blinky?
As far as I know all the spec classes for TC, mini, and 12th that are run here in the state are blinky. 12th is only running during the summer series in Flagstaff these days, most of the 12th guys including myself travel to CA to race as there is no 12th scale running anywhere else here in AZ currently.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.