Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
ONE-HOBBIES SHOP AND TRACK - SURPRISE, AZ >

ONE-HOBBIES SHOP AND TRACK - SURPRISE, AZ

ONE-HOBBIES SHOP AND TRACK - SURPRISE, AZ

Old 01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by onefast8
What are the shop hours?

10am to 7pm every day, sunday 10am to 6pm

Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow this is awesome, we can talk about stuff and not have the crybabies leaving and claiming we are blowing up the thread.....

I was realizing something the other day, and that is from a businessman's point of view, the most profitable people for a hobby shop and a track are always going to be the Novice drivers...we break more stuff...cant tune engines so we blow more plugs, and need new engines faster than pro guys...and we need more practice..so we pay more practice fees...and there's 50 of us compared to 20-30 pro, or sportsman...so not only do we represent the largest influx of cash, we can also win the gang fight! (Plus we have Big Nasty!)

Plus I've never a met a Novice driver who was all full of himself, like some of the sponsored guys who shall remain nameless....... None of us will tell Stav that he posts too much, and your Hillbilly buddies are all welcome here Stav!!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

haha well remember we are still not the only ones that read the new thread so some of them very well could be reading it and just not posting.......lol

well i should see u guys sat. bc i don't think i will be able to make it friday to practice like ya'll can......... lol
Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Will you folks be allowing 1/8 electric on your track?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by onefast8
Will you folks be allowing 1/8 electric on your track?

Yes,

I am building one myself as we type.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

I have sent out a new coupon flyer, this time with both the flyer and a text version.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Wow this is awesome, we can talk about stuff and not have the crybabies leaving and claiming we are blowing up the thread.....

I was realizing something the other day, and that is from a businessman's point of view, the most profitable people for a hobby shop and a track are always going to be the Novice drivers...we break more stuff...cant tune engines so we blow more plugs, and need new engines faster than pro guys...and we need more practice..so we pay more practice fees...and there's 50 of us compared to 20-30 pro, or sportsman...so not only do we represent the largest influx of cash, we can also win the gang fight! (Plus we have Big Nasty!)

Plus I've never a met a Novice driver who was all full of himself, like some of the sponsored guys who shall remain nameless....... None of us will tell Stav that he posts too much, and your Hillbilly buddies are all welcome here Stav!!

Nice Job James

and Yes

I definantly want BIG NASTY on my side.... FOR SURE

LOL
Old 01-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Please guys, no need to bash people. Let's just post good fun stuff as we are all friends, novices, intermediates, experts and pros alike. We all love this sport and we all want it to grow. I love the fact that when I check the forums, there is something for me to read.

Yeah, 1/8 scale Electric, waiting for my RC8 conversion kit to come in.

BTW, a little bird told me the new Losi 8T2.0 will be in this Friday at onehobbies. Might even be able to run it this Saturday to test it out prior to the series and Oh yeah, Nitro Challenge.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nta01
BTW, a little bird told me the new Losi 8T2.0 will be in this Friday at onehobbies. Might even be able to run it this Saturday to test it out prior to the series and Oh yeah, Nitro Challenge.

Guess the Cats outa the bag

Yup should land on Friday.....

Im impressed, they actualy shipped 2 days early than expected

Stav
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

omg i'm not gonna beat anybody up for you guys!!!!

but i might fart really good in somebody's pit area if i have to
Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
omg i'm not gonna beat anybody up for you guys!!!!

I was only joking Chris.., nobody's getting beat up, that was a bad choice of words on my part.....
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

LOL

Like Tom says... Its all in good humor, and we all understand that

the Nitro Pit is a PREMIER race facility, and I for one am as PASSIONAT as anyone in the world about it.... Some of us just express our passions differently

I will never bash on or talk bad about anyone when they are Promoting or helping our industry. many of us have spent years to get where and what we have, some of us have moved to different states and left loved ones behind to chase dreams as well as a life style that is about more than just $$$$$$

People all over the WORLD would Kill to have what we have in our back yard.... THE NITRO PIT......

My World and my Life is now... The Nitro Pit and One Hobbies... and will be for as long as I can see into the future.....

I live it

I Love it

I Breath it

I Sleep It

So dont bash or bag on anyone becouse they Love the PIT Like I Do... they may just express it a little different than someone else..... that's what makes America what it is......

so................

LETS RACE!!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Thank's Tom for starting this thread, it's long overdue!!

To all of you that race at the nitro pit, thank you for the support. Now that we have two hobby shops on that side of town I'm really looking forward to more and more new racers. There obviously seems to be a rift between some racer groups and that's unfortunate but understandable. I hope that with this One Hobbies thread both sides can learn to live together, as the Expert vs. Novice war is going way too strong right now. Back when I started the first Phoenix RC Racers thread we would go days without anyone posting. Slowly there were more and more people participating and here 5 years later it's blown up to the point where one thread can't satisfy the needs of everyone.

The veterans here in Arizona want a racer oriented thread where people can discuss setup, engine tuning, make fun of Kenny, read recaps, see results, keep up on future races, or make fun of Kenny.

The Newer racers have so much excitement for R/C, that they want to talk about it all the time. Never in my time doing this race directing stuff, have I seen such a tight knit group of Novice racers. Coming to the track and seeing 30+ Novice racers has breathed new life into me and I'm just happy you guys are out there having a great time, whether you're at the Nitro Pit, SRS, Paddock's, or any other track!!

I'm hoping that with this One Hobbies thread, the Nitro Pit thread will be freed up for easier navigation to setups and such.

One last comment: I'm a fan of all of you, or I wouldn't be out there running races all the time. I was a novice racer, I was an expert racer, and I am an Intermediate racer, so I see and appreciate all sides but what I don't like is anyone blasting the other guy publically. For those New people that think the expert class are cry babies; remember, those are the guys that kept racing alive when we didn't have a track. For those Expert racers that search through all the posts and end up throwing your hands up in frustration; remember, the infusion of energy that the new guys and girls have is what keeps the cycle flowing. I'm already excited to see where these novice racers are this time next year!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigNasty

And I also have HOUSTON on my side.......

Remmember its not who ya know... but WHO ya know.....

So i always surround myself with quality guys.....

Oh and dont underestimate my size Ask Bill.... i can clear a room with the BEST of em

LOL

Of geese... this thread just took a HUGE left turn... and I was a MAJOR part of it

Ok Back on Course........

Play Day on Friday....... See ya all there......

Stav
Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good point kenny. we're not trying to start a war. we just got a sense o' humor.

btw stavros, me and houston are having chili for lunch on saturday

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.