Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AZ ONROAD RACERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

SRS posted that they will have there On-road track going tomorrow, Sunday. I am planning on being there with my 12th scale. No F1 this time as i am getting it all cleaned up for the trip next week.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I went to SRS today to practice with my 1/12 scale car and my 1/10 VTA car. I'd say it was a mixed bag. Not perfect but it has a lot of potential. The overall facility is very nice. Plenty of pit space inside and a nice onroad track layout and nice driver's stand. They did have an issue though. They put a solid tarp on the top (KMart had a mesh covering). Well, it rained hard and the weight of the water bent up the steel trusses. So the track was filthy. My cars were covered in dirt and grime after practice. And the track was on the slippery side. I could get around the corners, just couldn't get the power down coming out of the corners, especially on the front straight.

As far as the posts, they do not pose a big problem. The one on the end of the back straight can be whacked hard if you don't turn in on time, but after you get used to the layout it won't be a problem. If money was no issue, they could put a real roof on the area (it already has real walls). This would keep the crap out. Then they could put down carpet and we'd have a facility almost as good as Competition Hobbies that WAS down in Tucson. But I just don't see SRS willing to spend that kind of money and I don't blame them.

I want to go back when the track is prepped, I'm betting it will be fine.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nissan man
SRS posted that they will have there On-road track going tomorrow, Sunday. I am planning on being there with my 12th scale. No F1 this time as i am getting it all cleaned up for the trip next week.
What are u gonna run for tires in 12th scale?
Old 05-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What are u gonna run for tires in 12th scale?
Thats the $30 dollar question isn't it. We have not run enough there other than to say run soft rears and hard fronts. I have some tires i want to try next time and see if they will work. Last time i was there and we had myself, my dad, and Adam (running our extra car) Uilti X-hard front and X-medium rear looked like it worked well. I'm betting CRC black fronts and yellow rears will work just as well. I have some 2x blues fronts and green rears i ran this weekend at TQ that i will give a shot as well.

I'm hoping to have time this weekend to get over there and run but i just got home from a weekend at TQ in Chino. I'll have to see if i get caught up on work around the house over this week.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Thats the $30 dollar question isn't it. We have not run enough there other than to say run soft rears and hard fronts. I have some tires i want to try next time and see if they will work. Last time i was there and we had myself, my dad, and Adam (running our extra car) Uilti X-hard front and X-medium rear looked like it worked well. I'm betting CRC black fronts and yellow rears will work just as well. I have some 2x blues fronts and green rears i ran this weekend at TQ that i will give a shot as well.

I'm hoping to have time this weekend to get over there and run but i just got home from a weekend at TQ in Chino. I'll have to see if i get caught up on work around the house over this week.
Got any idea if they will have those compounds in the shop?
Old 05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

as far as i know there is no place locally to buy any tires for 1/12 scale. But that will change as Adam starts to build a program assuming it is supported. However Stormer, TQ RC Raceway, and A-main hobbies all sell tires. What brand you want determines where you shop.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

as far as i know there is no place locally to buy any tires for 1/12 scale. But that will change as Adam starts to build a program assuming it is supported. However Stormer, TQ RC Raceway, and A-main hobbies all sell tires. What brand you want determines where you shop.
I just want I need preferably at the tracks shop. So I think in time he will have them at the shop. Once we know what really works post it please. So I can get them ordered
Old 05-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, how is everybody doing? All good?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Good here, you going to try to make the memorial day races are SRS? did you even know about them?
Old 05-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Good here, you going to try to make the memorial day races are SRS? did you even know about them?
I did not know about it. I don't check the facebook page enough, I guess. I think I will be racing, though, hopefully have some fun.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Evan, You up for a June 28 run to Chino?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

I am Getting my 12th scale battery today!
Old 05-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacinJ
Evan, You up for a June 28 run to Chino?
I think so. I will start making some preparations.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

I will be in Chino on June 28th, early birthday present to myself
Old 05-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
I am Getting my 12th scale battery today!
very cool, see you at the track

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.