R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing

Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Alabama RC Go Karts

A generalized thread for discussing all things pretaing to RC Go Karts (Team Edge) in Alabama.
Would like to get a list of all Alabama RC Kart racers, as well as those that may / would (Florida / Georgia / Mississippi / others) race with us, if we can get something going.

WoodyT
larc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got mine! Snoop has his as does dale. Somebody wakeup robert. We don't want him to miss anything.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Default go kart

you forgot me,mine is rtr,ready to race.
racerno30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerno30 View Post
you forgot me,mine is rtr,ready to race.
If I don't miss one once in a while everybody will forget me.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for responding. Hopefully we can hear from some more.

WoodyT
larc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

No Im here LOL. I have one of my staffiers down in AL pulling up some order docs with phone numbers or email contact info. We're suppose to have around 18-22 down in Dothan area. MXRich and the crew are up in North GA. Larc and Cavier, these are the guys I and other kart drivers talk about in other forums when we mention : Battlefield RC. I will say, if you guys ever get a chance, your kart has to hit the pavement at Battlefield RCs onroad track. Super smooth, fun group and tons of pit area with electric. Just drop me a line if you guys come up to Battlefield for a race and I'll be there no probs. I'm only a couple hours away from there.

Robert
"Where speed and skill meet"
* Team Edge RC * Reedy * BRP Kart Racing * TM Racing * RBP * Novak * Hobby Wing *
teamedgerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know I'm up for racing just depends on where. Cost of gas is killing me.

Cakeman
Cakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

With me racing as much as I do I'll need advance notice. I might be in Florida around June and August fyi.

Leadhauler
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeman View Post
You know I'm up for racing just depends on where. Cost of gas is killing me.

I know the feeling, I can bairly afford to go to work and back.

Cakeman
BUt here is the plan.We will host a team event with 5 teams of 2 on each team. The scores will be added fof each team. So there needs to be 10 karts on the track. You can block a driver but no takeouts.

We will do this for every class that day Karts, F1 touring, VTA, Mini and so on. Might be fun to see which team takes the gold in each class.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)
Talking

What? NO take outs? What fun would that be. How about super glueing someones r/c to their pit table? Would that be allowed in the team events? Us kartiers might win.......

Robert
* Team Edge RC * Reedy * BRP Kart Racing * TM Racing * RBP * Novak * Hobby Wing *
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamedgerc View Post
What? NO take outs? What fun would that be. How about super glueing someones r/c to their pit table? Would that be allowed in the team events? Us kartiers might win.......

Robert
Silly Robert trix are for kids...Like us.The Karts would have their own class of 5 teams 10 Karts. They can call their team whatever they like. At the end we combine the points of each team for an overall winner. Same for the other classes. Get on the phone and pass the word.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Silly Robert trix are for kids...Like us.The Karts would have their own class of 5 teams 10 Karts. They can call their team whatever they like. At the end we combine the points of each team for an overall winner. Same for the other classes. Get on the phone and pass the word.

Sorry I was only joking around. It sounded so serious when you said teams and points Did you guys put up a race sched for spring or summer yet?

Robert
Old 03-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamedgerc View Post
Sorry I was only joking around. It sounded so serious when you said teams and points Did you guys put up a race sched for spring or summer yet?

Robert
Snoop is taking care of the schedule. I'm going to try and get spider to send at least one team with the TT Karts so you can put them in the wall...J/K It should be a lot of fun. And PM me your new address.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Snoop is taking care of the schedule. I'm going to try and get spider to send at least one team with the TT Karts so you can put them in the wall...J/K It should be a lot of fun. And PM me your new address.
Well hun that won't be much fun. Lipo and pinion changes vs nimh and set gearing is no competition nor fun for that matter. It would be nolonger about showing off driving skills. It would be about who sinks money into the best lipo batteries, motors and pinions don't you think? Kart racing up there would suddenly change the entire dynamics of kart races that I and others go to. This sounds to me like when I raced offroad, who ever has the most money into their r/c wins Sorry Jonathan and I are out hun. Trust me I also know how hard it is to please everyone at a track. I and another driver "JB" run, setup and host kart races here in PC Beach and Destin. Its hard to do

Ceri
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerijonston View Post
Well hun that won't be much fun. Lipo and pinion changes vs nimh and set gearing is no competition nor fun for that matter. It would be nolonger about showing off driving skills. It would be about who sinks money into the best lipo batteries, motors and pinions don't you think? Kart racing up there would suddenly change the entire dynamics of kart races that I and others go to. This sounds to me like when I raced offroad, who ever has the most money into their r/c wins Sorry Jonathan and I are out hun. Trust me I also know how hard it is to please everyone at a track. I and another driver "JB" run, setup and host kart races here in PC Beach and Destin. Its hard to do

Ceri

No need to be a girlie girl Ceri and toss a fit. I agree with you as they are two totally different karts based on two types of power sources. The TTs uses lith or lipos and our uses NIMH. We only use NIMH due to the ability to purchase them anywhere. Lipos are only a hobby store or online item. And yes, they do use various pinions as well as you also pointed out. Either way, your point was made they are HUGE differences between the two and this is why we hold races the way we do. But do us a favor Ceri, please play nice ok? George and them really do host some great races down in GA. Just play nice, deal?????????

Robert
Sponsored Links